mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Lower Grade-Up Timer / Server Feedback

Level 2
There would absolutely be a lot of complications if that plugin was remade entirely - I know Luckperms is incredibly complicated and creating plugins in itself is much easier said than done ;; Yes, it happens to everyone, and im sure the thought passed around that it should be remade, but in doing that would most definitely cause a whole jumble of issues that it's much worth simply tweaking what they have than to remake it completely. There's issues with the plugin, but there'll always be issues to plugins, which is why we should let them take time to fix it, if you look on their Trello, there's already a bunch of things and plugins they are working on aswell, and I believe there's only two developers for the server so I'd cut them a bit of slack.

Absolutely well said, though, still, with how people used to rank up a lot faster back in the day, the argument could be made that it would be unfair for those who are recently joining and would have to in fact, play much longer in contrast to how long the other players would have to play

i just saw the new little thing for the forums that shows when there's new messages .... pretty neat
There would absolutely be a lot of complications if that plugin was remade entirely - I know Luckperms is incredibly complicated and creating plugins in itself is much easier said than done ;; Yes, it happens to everyone, and im sure the thought passed around that it should be remade, but in doing that would most definitely cause a whole jumble of issues that it's much worth simply tweaking what they have than to remake it completely. There's issues with the plugin, but there'll always be issues to plugins, which is why we should let them take time to fix it, if you look on their Trello, there's already a bunch of things and plugins they are working on aswell, and I believe there's only two developers for the server so I'd cut them a bit of slack.

Absolutely well said, though, still, with how people used to rank up a lot faster back in the day, the argument could be made that it would be unfair for those who are recently joining and would have to in fact, play much longer in contrast to how long the other players would have to play

i just saw the new little thing for the forums that shows when there's new messages .... pretty neat
"Fully custom plugins". So what you're saying is that SRP is lying about their plugins, because Luck Perms is not an SRP-exclusive plugin.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
"Fully custom plugins". So what you're saying is that SRP is lying about their plugins, because Luck Perms is not an SRP-exclusive plugin.
You really believed that?

it’s not that deep in my opinion, there should be no traction towards our plugins anyway

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
"The glitch back are certain players." More like every player. It happens at least once to everyone.
If the bug is so constant? Have you thought about REMAKING the entire plugin as a whole?
Never happened to me

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I didn't, because I know you guys use mostly public plugins. What about showing them, as to credit the creators?
In that case how would we should credit to each plugin developer on SRP, it’s a line of text that says “luckperms” and again, it’s not that deep.

we have gone completely off topic regardless, I’ve stated my opinion, keep yours

SRP used to use free models from a modelling website too, Lots of their plugins I've found online, Attributes, sit plugin and such. and the RP plugin is just a custom nametag plugin and openrp, another free plugin

edit; i dont know where they've said their plugins are exclusive though?

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
When it comes to greenies we have lesser expectations. We are lenient with them as we are aware that they are new and still learning. When a grade 12 breaks the rules we react stricter, but with greenies we just give them a hand and help explaining.
i agree w this because aania banned me like 3 times for the same thing i did

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Although this digresses, most plugins that we have are now fully custom-made by our developers. The team is also working on migrating all of these features to a private, custom-built plugin to avoid having compatibility issues with other plugins (as we can modify our own source code)

Most other popular servers also have public plugins due to the comfort of having an already-made one that does what it's meant to do with an open source code

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega

Reason's have already been stated in previous replies and I don't think having to wait to level up your grade should be much of an issue really

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
unfair for those who are recently joining and would have to in fact, play much longer in contrast to how long the other players would have to play
This argument doesn’t really help much

same thing could be said for people in college. i didn’t do exams to get my rank, I got it when all you had to do was apply and do an essay on the forums

it’s something that happened back in the day, there’s no point in trying to make it fair since it happened so long ago. might as well put everyone at grade 8 if it really was unfair

Nova

Level 36
IGN: StonerGoat

DATE:

10/30/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

A Limited Age-Up Application Included Within the Role Request a lower Grade-Up Timer AFTER Grade-10

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

EDITED:

I am going to stop beating around the bush, instead of suggesting that there should be an Age-Up application, the Grade timer should go faster as soon as you stop becoming a green tag.

An absolutely fair point is created when mentioning the leniency of Green tags, and giving them the strict but helping in hand as letting them put in the hours to progress to learning the ropes of the server is incredibly important.

Perhaps after waiting those said hours, it'll be a lot more rewarding to the player to grade up faster after becoming a Grade-10 -- I also believe it'd be a metaphorical way to show that time is constantly moving similar to how fast it moves inrp, similar to the realistic attributes of growing up and graduating or going up the grades in many forms of High school.

The point stands that I am

making this suggestion because I invited a friend of mine outside of SchoolRP to play on the server, hence why I have lowered my own alternative account's grade to sort of 'fit in' with them. A friend who is overall experienced in roleplay.

They have displayed plenty of motivation and potential and honestly, it'd just be pretty awkward playing our characters with the green tag if they're supposed to be of a mature age, so not only it'd be rewarding for the newer players who comprehended the rules properly, but rewarding for players who wait long enough for hours even as the plugin would pause the timer here and there.

The suggestion has been edited and heavily revised based on the fair criticisms given.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

Your first few days on the server are your introduction days, no matter how knowledgeable you are in the roleplaying sphere, the server itself has unique mechanics that must be figured out... the slow progression gives you time to do just that, I'd like to state that my days first starting out (those introduction days), were my most memorable on the server.

Keagan

Level 3
Keagan_
Keagan_
Rich+
-1 It really doesn't take that long to grade up tho+ if someone has had the patience to grade up to 12 then it kinda shows they wanna be on the server.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
You won't grade if you're AFK as you are not technically playing the server, hence why the timer may feel a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread