lowkeyHades

Level 23
IowkeyHades
IowkeyHades
Notable+
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

LowkeyHades (Not to be confused with my other account iowkeyHades)

Discord Name & Tag:
hades;#9048

Previous bans:
None | Currently a holder of 2 active warns, (Baiting + AFK grind)

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm incredibly active, I spend a majority of my day online which totals about 8+ hours alongside being on discord all day, making me easily reachable. Across both accounts I play daily and on this account I spend about two hours of the day on it. I have a decent reputation on both accounts, and I'm well known within KPD and EMS as an already faction doctor. I have well built relationships, and spend a lot of my time either at the hospital doing medical role play or out creating new role play situations.

Which timezone are you in?
GMT/BST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/iowkeyhades-event-team-app.50948/ [PENDING]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lilith-osullivan-ems-application.47608/ [ACCEPTED]

What is your motivation for applying?:
I have a multitude of reasons I have chosen to apply for the police force, the first reason is I want to start a new type of role play, outside of medical. The idea of being able to role play out this new experience is enticing to say the least. I also have created strong bonds with several KPD members and enjoy the company of the police force. I have decided specifically to apply now, and not before, as I have now began my summer holidays; so I am more active and readily available and the fact that I have become more comfortable within EMS and feel now is a good time to introduce my alternative account to a new style of role play. I want to become an officer at this time, as I feel it will broaden my SRP horizon. Being an officer is a different style of role play, one which would be beneficial to not only learn, but enjoy too. As I've already said, I have good relationships built within KPD at this time, and members within the faction like me and know me already which is good when looking at who is compatible for the job, as I would be more easily able to get along with co-workers and this would be essential as teamwork is a major part of KPD.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
There are different areas to my knowledge within KPD. I general outside knowledge, as I know and understand the law in the 'real' world, and find the scenarios interesting. I have always had a passion for it, and I think a mixture of my idea of the realistic working and understandings of the police alongside my knowledge of the rules, (which I read often to stay updated on recent rules for a more realistic rp) really furthers my knowledge and generally helps with my understanding of the bigger picture. Below I have listen just a few sectors of the KPD which I understand, as the list is extensive, choosing what I feel are the most important areas within the force;
CCTV
CCTV is used to locate criminals around the map, it has about a 30 block radius and can be found in various spots across the map. Whilst locating a player, whether this is a part of a man hunt or just attempting to find a criminal to bring in, an officer will stay behind and review footage to attempt to find the player which will assist the officers on the ground who are finding the criminal.
Patrols
Patrols are important for officers, as it lets them have the advantage of already being on the ground if trouble arises. Officers are expected to go accompanied and not alone, as being alone could make them a target, especially with rising threats within the town. Patrols allow officers to maintain areas of the town which may be riddled with crime, plaza for example, which would not just reassure the public but also send a message that the force are actively attempting to stop crime before it happens.
Investigations
Investigations take place to try to assess what happened at a scene. If there's been a murder for example, they'd look for clues, witnesses, and CCTV footage which may point them to the group responsible. These are usually conducted by detectives who are a part of the investigation team, however officers may still ask witnesses for accounts and look for any clues to report back.
Office Work/Front Desk
Office work is still an important part and a major one at that for KPD. Officers should be seen at the front desk dealing with the public whether this be reports, restraining orders or just general help with queries. The force is in charge of jurisdictional reports and logs in case a lawsuit arises. Within the station lies cells, and officers are expected to remove weapons and do mugshots of criminals when they are 'booked in'. These are just a few scenarios of what an officer is expected to do within the faction.
Arrests/Fines/Warrants
These three make up a large portion of the work KPD does. Arresting criminals is the first job, to keep the streets safe. An officer would detain the criminal, searching their belongings and if they have broken the law, or are a wanted criminal they'd be expected to remove any weapons or contraband and jail the player. The player would receive a fine or a bail amount. If unable to pay, they'll stay imprisoned until they either pay the bail or the sentence is fully finished. A warrant is awarded when a report of a player is received, this allows an officer or team of officers, the ability to raid an apartment to look for contraband or certain people, they are able to request warrants from judges or the mayor who will allow one after all needed evidence is presented.

Other aspects of police life, include how to behave, the conduct one could say. An officer is required to follow a strict set of rules when on duty, regardless of whether they believe they know best in the situation. Officers should behave certain ways especially when in the presence of the public. If they fail to show respect, and compliance with other officers, the public may take advantage of this and see the force as a joke, which spikes crime rate. Uniforms should be neatly worn, and the officer in question should always carry full gear which includes a taser. Officers are expected to be friendly, and professional regardless of the public's behaviour.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Policing is definitely one of the more important roles within the SRP community. Gang role play is only maintainable with the police force, otherwise the server would be an apocalyptic every man for themselves scenario. The police force helps maintain the town, and prevents crime from happening. Police RP also adds in a real realistic factor and helps keep players in 'line' you could say. Without the work the force does, the server wouldn't survive. The work of the police force is no easy task, however I think it's important for realism in the server and helps build to the realistic world and community which SRP prides itself on.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I fully understand and acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I will, and understand I need to be dedicated to this role and position

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I understand this and will do my best to come online for every training session.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Lilith Amante

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Fem Non-Binary | She/They

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
PHD: Criminology
Masters: Biology
Bachelors: Psychology

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Italian.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Lilith is a 5''8 lady, she has silky smooth blonde hair, which reaches her waist line. She has ocean blue eyes, and a soft facial expression. She weighs 110lbs, underweight, but healthy. She'd have a pale complexion, but it would compliment her facial structure. She'd have a scar which ran the length of her inner right arm, and a tattoo which seemed to have been stamped on her neck.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Lilith keeps a similar personality on and off the job; she has the ability to switch from a casual and fun setting to a focused tunnel vision one. Lilith is a natural at sociability and can be described as a social butterfly. She can become stressed and agitated if it becomes overwhelming, but continues with the job regardless to the best of their ability. Lilith enjoys banter, and understands there is a need for it in stressful environments. She continues to thrive at what she sets her mind to, and is known for her good nature and humour. She's quick minded, and can make snap decisions where needed. She's influential and is easy going, which makes it easier for her to get along with co-workers.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Lilith is more than aware she needs good relationships to get along within the departments she works in. Teamwork is the cornerstone of a successful operation after all, she's a team player and does what she can to help. Lilith is good when asked for instructions, and is able to follow commands without much hesitation. She however, will speak up if they believe they have seen something that shouldn't be happening, despite relationships. Lilith is already well known within the KPD and this will help her enormously when creating bonds which will directly impact her work, as trust is everything in life or death situations.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I personally see myself as a leader. I was born and raised in an army family, and lived a fairly regimented lifestyle. From a young age, I was taught leadership qualities and how to stand out from the crowd with my thinking. In reality, I work as a young leader at a local girl guiding group, where I lead meetings and shadow other leaders; in an effort to gain my certifications to become a leader. I have recently finished my secondary education, where I was 'Head Girl' which left me with several leadership qualities which will follow me in life! I'm organised,well-educated and have an optimistic personality. I think I have definite leadership traits, and qualities, however I understand there is a need to be a follower in the beginning, and to listen and understand the information.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Originally born in Italy, Lilith grew up in a happy home. She helped with olive harvests and such on her family farm. Her mother was a sweet, loving, caring figure and was Lilith's secret favourite parent. Her father did however have faults, he was just never really around due to constant harvests and maintaining the family farm. Lilith enjoyed her family home, which had pink tulips littered throughout; her mothers favourites. She however became more aware of the struggles when she turned 7. She began witnessing strange men coming to her house, and her father dealing with them. At the age of 8, these grown men began to comment on her appearance.. The spark of her eating disorder? They'd tease her and make vicious comments that would scare the female for life. She'd be belittled by her father, for being weak, scrawny, too big, too broad, too athletic. She couldn't appease him.
At 13, the family had moved her to Japan, living in a Tokyo residence. She'd begin to study medicine at the age of 15 looking for an escape. She'd stay up most nights and work hard in the day, until she'd graduated as a doctor. At the age of 24 she moved to the town of Karakura, where she currently resides. She was able to get a job at the local hospital and has moved forward with her life. However this hasn't stopped the demons of her past from arising. At 26, she was married and pregnant. Her adoptive father Hilo Sharma is the biggest influence in her life and one that she relies heavily upon. The hospital team has given her a new life, one she could be happy with. She has suffered however because of her dark past, with an eating disorder that has been an infringement of her life for over 15 years. She copes with anxiety and PTSD, and attempts to hide these by overloading herself with work and dedicating her life to work. Lilith quickly settled into life when she became an attending doctor, her proudest achievement. She had a lovely house, decorated and a stable life. She left the hospital team to train in France as a police officer. Earning a PHD in criminology. She'd work for several months as a cadet and learn the ropes of how to be an officer. She'd move back to the town after a year and a half as a cadet. Her motivation? She seeked a thrill, and her time within the hospital team had left her with a bitter taste. A hatred for crime, and she wanted to prevent this by any means. She'd now apply for a job within the local police force, with the ambition to end the reign of crime over Karakura.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

The short answer is no. Owning a pocket knife is corresponding to illegal minor weaponry which renders it illegal. You cannot obtain the knife through legal means, and would require either mugging, or buying off a criminal network (BMD).

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Five items: Paracetamol, Birth Control, Cough Syrup, Canes and Lactulose

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I'd make sure to have my body cam on, intervening between them and the inmate. In this distance, I'd force the officer in question out of the cell, closing the door to ensure safety to the inmate. I'd prevent any more damage to the inmate by this, and would call for EMS if the victim is injured in any way. I'd send any footage to a higher up member, and speak on what I'd seen occur. The situation would be dealt with differently if they were lower ranking, in which case, I would still report evidence to higher up officials but would speak to the officer myself, and go over guidelines and hand out the punishment agreed upon by the higher ups.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I would un-holster my taser to begin with. This is a safety precaution, and I'd follow this by assessing the area and situation. Depending on location and available units, I'd radio the incident over the radio and proceed to help.Public Space (Plaza for example): I'd attempt to get behind the individual and pin their arms so they can't move or put them in a position where they can't cause harm eg. forced against a wall. I'd place cuffs on the individual and would pat them down, jailing them. I'd make sure my co-worker was alright after and take them to EMS if needs be. Powerplant/Sewers: I'd have my baton at the ready alongside my taser. I'd follow the same steps but if they choose to attack myself, I'd use the tools I had to defend myself, buying my co-worker time to call for backup and help. I'd follow the same arrest steps once detained.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I'd gather any evidence, and attempt to gain enough information and proof by watching their moves. I'd send this proof to higher-ups in the organisation, submitting a report and making sure they're dealt with appropriately. Clearly this situation would be delicate and gaining information would be difficult so anything from witnesses to CCTV would be incredibly useful, and being cautious around the individual as they're clearly dangerous and experienced.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

Keeping composure, I'd deny the request to the bribe, warning them of the law and making sure they're aware of their actions having repercussions. If they further continue to up the bribe I would place the criminal in handcuffs and would arrest the criminal on bribery or further fine them for it if already arrested for another crime.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread