mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied LozzyOzzy | Lore Team Application

Classicalist

Level 86

LozzyOzzy.pngIGN:
LozzyOzzy

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
Lolokins

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I join but do not speak in VC's

Your time zone and current country of residence:
I currently reside in the Uk so GMT/BST

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
This would be my first

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
As someone who has been in factions before I completely understand

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Personally I am someone who gets easily distracted so usually when I am focusing I turn off my second monitor and and Discord/youtube i am watching on the side. So that is one thing. Additionally if I am not giving constructive criticism on my work I will not be able to improve. Another thing is I am not originally English and yes while my English id personally say is good, I may need pointers on punctuation at times.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Personally I have enjoyed writing since I was a kid, I have taken this into my life and often write stories about my SRP characters for fun. Writing for me is something that calms my brain down and lets me go into another realm of creativity since I have full control of what happens in those stories. Even when I roleplay I tend to detail roleplay a lot since I once again enjoy writing those actions. The thing I love most about writing is the way I can express emotion within these stories and writing pieces.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do! I was once in the journalism club for a bit which subsequently made me write to reach my quota! I also have written a few documents in the past for helping people within the factions I was once in which got used.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
In my eyes lore is a story or a summery of events that has happened, This could be about anything for example a dogs previous owners. Where banana's originated from etc.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

LozzyOzzy (2).png
( 417 words 2232 characters)

On the day of the 16th November 2020 a teenaged girl names Violet Hara was sat on the sidewalk kicking rocks into nearby traffic looking very down due to an incident that had happened at school that very day when suddenly a masked figure approached.
"Why do you look so down?" He asked before offering Violet a hand up. After Violet had explained to the man what had happened the following day with her being bullied at school. The masked figure offered her a ride back to his house to cook her food before he takes her home, The hesitant Violet agreed on his offer and took him on it.

After the got to the masked figures house he did not remove his mask. Instead he did what he promised and made her food but instead of taking her home he offered to help her with her bullies if she helped him with something. She agreed. The male handed her a pocket knife and gave her an address. She went there and knocked on the door when a blonde male answered the door she penetrated the males clothing and stabbed him in his stomach before running back to the masked figures home. He gave her a long list of names and addresses, Additionally he gave her a ballistic mask with an interesting print on it and said "Welcome to the family"

After months of Violet went through with removing peoples limbs and breaking bones day after day just for a hope of getting payback on her bullies she had gotten tired of all the waiting and asked the masked figure to meet her on a mountain somewhere within the Ochiba forest, Once he arrived Violet told him that its not worth getting payback on someone anymore and that she wishes to stop doing the mans dirty work for him. The male declined and pulled out a bat.

Violet took a bat swing to the head and was nearly blacking out before she caught a second wind and tackled the male to the ground. After a short fight that felt like hours Violet got the upper hand and pushed the man off the mountain. ultimately killing him on impact with the ground.

Since this conflict with an unwanted gang Violet has changed her name and appearance, Subsequently she had managed to hide from the police for so many years and even managed to live a happy life with her new beloved family. Out of the crime life forever.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

LozzyOzzy (1).png
(581 words 3001 characters)

The tale starts on a dark winters night at the entrance of the Ochiba Forest. A young boy was going on a hike for an unknown reason at the time of 9:30pm. The young boys exact steps are unknown, However the young boy made his way to the Kiken'na Mountain Hiking Path at back of the Ochiba forest. Once making his way up the Hiking Path the clouds thickened and a gust of air took the young boy of his feet, Thinking fast the young boy got back onto his feet and took a run to the left of the path instead of following it upwards. The clouds started to trinkle droplets of rain before a formidable storm occurred. With no other choice the Young boy ran into a small cave on the side of the Kiken'na mountain. After a few hours of waiting the storm had not been declining and did not show any sign of doing so any time soon. The Young Boy had no other choice but to wait it out.Photokako-polaroid-RtUB0FZ0WsbGoah0.png

A month of so later there was still no sign of the Young Boy, Missing posters had gone out and yet.. Still no sigh of him at all. 2 Hikers climbed the Kiken'na Mountain Hiking Path and went off course towards the cave where they found a frozen and preserved remains of the Young Boy with his knees against his chest. It was very obvious that the boy had sadly passed away due to lack of warmth and the hikers walked back down the mountain and called the police. Once the police arrived they made it a crime scene and searched the deceased boys remains. The deceased Young Boy did not have many belongings on him but he did have a backpack that contained 3 empty bottles of water, A note book, A pen and a polaroid camera with a few photo's in the front pocket. After further inspection the police found out the true intentions of the Young Boys hikPhotokako-polaroid-WsEQuEn4Ur1Ruqgy.pnge from the note in his backpack that read

"Dear mother and father, Brother and sister. Despite our disagreement today at the dinner table, I had all intentions of coming home tonight. I just wanted to clear my mind. I do not know if ill make it home tonight. This storm feels to dangerous, My skin is a mixture of burning and numbness any of these breaths could be my last. I have been praying to the lord Chiharu for forgiveness and to get me out of this place alive, But all has failed. Please do not forget me as the Son, and brother I was to you all - Kousei"

After the Young boy's discovery and the crime scene and disbanded a monument was placed in the cave the the Young boy, No one knows who placed it there or when it got placed there however. Days, Months, Years went by with no visits from anybody. Not even his own family. The young boys spirit began to feel a deep rage and on the first of October at exactly 3:30am broke the seal on the monument and was allowed to roam free. The once loved son was now forgotten.

Till this day it is rumored that during the months of October the Young boys spirit can be spotted dangling his legs off of the bridge of the Kiken'na Mountain Hiking Path, But it is also rumored that the ones who approach him also become. Forgotten.

Attachments

• LozzyOzzy (1).png
    LozzyOzzy (1).png
    617.8 KB · Views: 6

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Both prompts felt underwhelming. You may address this by finding diverse locations and ideas.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Work on tone of the story, as well as the diction of the writing.​
  • For the second prompt specifically, leave more to be interpreted by the reader, rather than leaving a set end.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread