(second character slot)

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
._sakura_3
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
GTM+2
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
yes i do
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I play 4-10hours on work day (mon-Tue) on weekends it matters if i have something but i most of the time don't so i play for 24h+
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Maidan
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
The Shinsei Seinaru Shrine was originally built in 1744, on June 6th. The shrine’s original purpose was to be used for Buddishm, that's round about all the information i know currently and am fully willing to learn all about it.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I have a huge interested in history and all the story's and really find it intersecting. As a child i always looked at mythology and all the stories it brought with it making notes on every little thing and getting so excited every time something happened in the gods stories at some point i wished it was all real and i would love to bring that feeling back. i am a very active person on srp because i am amazing at not having much going on in real life, I also could bring a lot to the table with my habits of writing every little detail down and also my commination skills.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
yes i do and i am excited to learn more things
───────────────────────────────────────
3.png

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Sakura Phonk-Misono
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Asian-Australian
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-999-7585
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
Icly(in character)
Sakura Loves history and her brother had always taken her to the shrine when they had moved to KARAKURA and she would just play in the garden and talk to the staff there it is like a second home for her. To this day sakura dreams of going back but this time being on of the staff and learn and do what the people who raised her did.
Occly (out of character)
I have a huge interested in history and all the story's and really find it intersecting. As a child i always looked at mythology and all the stories it brought with it making notes on every little thing and getting so excited every time something happened in the gods stories at some point i wished it was all real and i would love to bring that feeling back.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
All i know is, The Shinsei Seinaru Shrine was originally built in 744, on June 6th. The shrine’s original purpose was to be used for Buddishm, yet this was changed when a large fire destroyed most of the building. It was eventually shifted to be a more accepting more and welcoming more religions
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery leader,
Hello Monastery leader, My name is Sakura and i was six when i was sent to Karakura with three older brothers i am the youngest child my brothers were all already in high school so they had to get someone or somewhere to keep me well they were at school so they had chosen to send me to send me to the shrine at that time i
didn't lesioned to anything i was taught and i cant remember much about it.
All i can remember now is my laugh and what a amazing place it was and dreaming of being as great as they were. when my brothers picked me up i had to show them everything i did the only reason i did that was so that i could stay there more i did that everyday but after my oldest brother died and the other two got married and moved on with life i was still stuck and slowly was lost and stopped going to the shrine forgetting all the memories.
as i write the letter now all the memories slowly return good and bad and makes me miss it more and more some bringing tears to my eyes and other bringing a smile.

hope you have a wonderful day Monastery Leader

4.png
Sakura's backstory....
Early years of life....:
One day the sunshine though a airplane, A Women with the most softest silkiest cream white hair would be sitting with three little boys next to her and a soft paled skinned little baby girl. the intercoms would say "We will be landing in the wonderful country of Australia shortly", the women would sigh and start packing everything up.
Spain
They would walk out of the airport and the three boys would run and hug a man in a suit and then the man would walk to the women and whisper in her ear "this is wrong sister" the women would look down and kiss the baby girl on her forehead then give her to the man and then put the children's bags in the back of the car and sigh kissing the three little boys on their heads and help them in the car putting a baby seat in the passenger seat and and step back as the man got in the the car shed wave at them slowly as the male drove off the women had disappeared from there lives forever. The male would put music on and the three boys would laugh and sing with the song. A few years later. "IM SIX NOW!!!" A little girl named sakura would say looking like a younger version of the women from the airport. the man would say "im going to get your surprise" the man would walk outside but then there would be several gun shots the oldest of the boys would hug them and hold them tightly.
Last Part Karakura
Sakuras oldest brother would hold her hand as they walked off the the plane into the town that would change there lives for the better or worst. they would arrive at a small apartment and unpack as the boys looked for baby sitters sakura had sneaked out and run into a lady that had a pretty Comodo on her hair flowing in the wind with a red ribbon in it and had after a while taken her home and told the boys that they could drop her off at the shrine and she could learn a thing or two the boys agreed and after that sakura had founded the place she loved the most she fell in love with the plants events and the staff that worked there. she had always told them how one day she would work there two and when it came time for her to go home she would drag her brothers to say bye everyone and show them everything she did so she could stay longer, , , one day had changed her daily shrine visit's she had gotten a call from the youngest of the three brothers he had told her how her older brother got in a car crash and was no longer with them se lost all hope and stopped doing anything she had started high school not to long after that all she did was go to school she was a smart kid so she didn't have trouble with school but since her brother passed she had lost all social skills soon she turned 16 then she turned 17 her brothers getting married and moving then she turned 18 time went to fast all years the same but when she turned 18 she had gained so much information on life and started going out again and making friends now the story continue only time can tell what happens next
5.png

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The Priest duties are to keep the relationship safe and normal between the Kami and the worshipper by offerings, meditation of the deity’s blessing to the parishioner. They officiate at all shrine events/ceremonies at the request or behalf of the worshippers, they hold events like festivals for example the new year, weddings, etc. Maidan's have the duties of working at the gift shop, keeping the shrine clean and tidy, participating in weddings, festivals, and funerals, and even answering any questions that visitors have asked.
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
First you would have to ladle up and full it with spring water and pour it over your right hand then then your left one your hands and clean you will place the ladle down then cup the water in your hands and wash out your mouth and the when your done spit it out on the side of the rock you’ll then lay the ladle back down in the water. This is used to wash off any bad spirits that may have been collected outside. Then you may enter
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
When you offering to a Kami, you’ll first want to place the offering in the the offering box, if not yen, you’ll place it to the side of the box. then, you’ll step back to ring the bell behind you to invite the Kami so she knows you’re doing an offering. After, you’ll then bow two times, clap two times, and then say the prayer. The prayer doesn't need to be said out loud she will know with whatever choice you chose.
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
you’ll make tea how you would by putting water into the kettle, allowing it to boil, then you would add the tea bags to the water. When its done, you’ll place the tea cups in front of the guests and yourself, placing the kettle in one hand with the spout facing away from the guests, you’ll bow your head and pray over the kettle, then when your done turn it until it faced the guests. After, you’ll pour the tea first for the guests, then for yourself, allowing the guests to take a sip your tea.
Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Tamagushi is a branch from a Sakaki Tree decorated with strips of washi paper and or silk, it’s a sign of goodwill, It’s offering to the kami, used in funerals and weddings.

Ofudas is made of wood, paper, or cloth that can be placed around homes, home shrines, or even carried around to scare away evil.

Kagura Suzu is an instrument of twelve bells used in the Kagura dance, but can only be used by a Maidan's. The Kagura dance itself is used to entertain the Kami and bring luck with good harvests.

Thank you!!!<33
───────────────────────────────────────

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread