SuitKink

DISCORD NAME & TAG:

DrainingFeeling

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

CST

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

I sure do!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I am currently an 8/10! I work four hours a day on weekdays so before and after work I’m online! I'm usually up pretty late too on the server, but on weekends I’m pretty much online all day! I used to be busy busy busy as I had two jobs but now that I’m back to one, I’m able to be way more active with SRP!

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

I am applying for the position to be a Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I currently am not that knowledgeable on Shintoism but I am more than ready to learn more about it! Being involved as a bystander at the events that the shrine has held so far is as far as my knowledge goes!

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

What makes me stand out for the role over others is my forever-lasting motivation to learn more within the school roleplay experience! I’ve been a part of the community for several years now and I’ve been so eager to learn about the different factions! I have the most experience with the Karakura academics when it comes to factions so I’ve wanted to branch out! I show my dedication to any given role I’ve been so honored to take on. I have such a desired addiction to knowledge and trying out new experiences so I’m giving my hand at applying for this faction. Not only is my desire to learn more about the faction strong, I am also craving new roleplay experiences and stepping outside my comfort zone of what I’m used to! I love learning new things and equipping them to my characters to make my roleplay experiences more enjoyable. When it comes to this question of the application, I do believe that everyone has a pretty equal chance as I do. The question gives us an opportunity to really show how motivated we are to be a part of the team. My belief in such has been what stands me out in the crowd of applicants. Not only that but as mentioned, my everlasting craving to learn more and add to my roleplay experience will prove itself alongside my dedication to the role.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I fully acknowledge that I am expected to attend mandatory training to learn more about the religion and procedures!

───────────────────────────────────────

In-Character (IC) Section

1701038018936.png

outfit made by LuxidDreams
base made by xanaxiety

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

“Hello hello! I am Fukui Saki! I usually am referred to as Fuu or Nurse Saki but as I am no longer employed as head nurse, It’s Fukui Saki at your services!”

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

“My title is Miss! Miss Saki is what I am referred too.”

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

“My current age is twenty-seven!”

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

“I am indeed not married anymore! I am currently single.”

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

“My nationality is Dutch!”

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

“My phone number is (030)-824-3742!”

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

“My inspiration for applying for a job at the Monastery would essentially be that I am looking to continue my associations within the city. I have already been a nurse twice and even a counselor and my fair share of being within the academic side of things has come to a potential end! I am looking for new experiences and I am a religious woman myself! I had grown up Christian but as time moved on and I started living in Karakura, being exposed to the Shintoism religion has certainly converted me over. I want to learn more about the religion in the best way possible and I feel that working within the Monastery would best suit me and fulfill my cravings for knowledge of the religion from a more hands-on perspective. Once I heard about applications opening up I just had to give it a shot! But that's pretty much the gist of my motivation. I am very religious and as the Shinto religion has welcomed me with opening arms, I’d love to do my part in giving back.”

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

“Well, I grew up in Karakura for a portion of my life and so my understanding of the history is very limited. I am more knowledgeable of the more modern-day information of the monastery along with a few older periods, and the tales my father would tell me at bedtime! I am aware of the existence of Kami and their story as they are the main peace that really connected me to the religion. Anywho, to get more specific on what I know, when it came to the modern day, the years of Karakura going through multiple disasters and changes had a hard impact on the town. Along with that, the light of the Shinto religion came through and blessed the island's civilization. The periods that really caught my attention would be the Meji period and Taisho and the Early Show Period. In the Meiji period of the years eighteen sixty-eight through nineteen twelve a rule of the Tokugawa was replaced with an imperial system. The city was more westernized from the change and gave the island more freedom which raised praise in Karakura’s city. Finally, after years of living in fear, the island was finally able to sleep peacefully. The era of peace one might even say. Shortly after the period came the Taisho and Early Showa periods. This started when the Emperor at the time, Taisho, came into play right after the first-ever world war. Because of the devastating state that Karakura was in after the second crime wave, something had to be done. In this case, many many people were sent off to serve in the military and the market for supply and demand increased. More hideouts were made in response to hide the island's civilization making the island almost seem deserted. This period had only started from peace and ended in devastation. Those two periods really stuck out to me as it was the peaceful period and was sent right into the chaos. That's pretty much as far as my understanding goes at the moment.”

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

“Dearest Monastery Lead,

I am indeed infatuated in the idea of being blessed to meet you in person as I’ve heard such good things from my father and many other friends across the island about you. First off I’d like to thank you. Thank you for bringing light to the end of my tunnel. I had found a home in the Monastery after the hard loss of my ex-wife a few years ago and was in desperate need of hope once again. I struggled to even believe that there was hope after I had such a huge loss. When my father told me about the monastery, he told me to just go visit and let that lead me into the pathway of healing. At first, I was naive and didn’t believe him, but as soon as I stepped foot on the holy grounds, my eyes widened and my heart was eager for change. The light grew brighter for me and I finally was able to escape my long devastating depression. The hope that the monastery has given me is why I still stand today. The reason I keep my head up with a smile on my face, so I thank you.

I hope you are in good health as I pray for you and the other workers along the monetary for everlasting health. I do hope you continue to welcome me with open arms and see me as a possible Maiden to work for you and be so dedicated towards you and the religion we share. I do hope to hear from you soon, thank you for such a wonderful opportunity that you have given not only me but the others who wish to partake more in the holy grounds. I shall now let you get back to your duties as lead!

Sincerely, Fukui Saki.”

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

It was the year 1996, September 2nd. Within the capital of the Netherlands, that is Amsterdam, a precious baby girl was born. A few years of this beautiful baby girl who wasn't named until days after her birth, Fukui, had lost her mother to a fetal car crash at the age of 6. Her uncle Izumi was left to take care of her all on his own. He had lost his sister too early and had to take on the role of mother for Fukui as she was only little and he was the only family left that she had. Growing up, Fukui quickly realized that she wasn’t like most children. Pretty early on became the outcast and was always found alone, far away from the other children as she was the rowdy troublemaker. She had grown into the habit of being the problem child, running into of course too many problems with her schools and sometimes had been caught suspended or threatened with expulsion. She had gained this as a way to cope with her mother’s death as she was too young to understand and know how to handle her own emotions. Her adoptive father Izumi had sent her to therapy for many years and even home-schooled her until she was finally able to control herself and be a better and more responsible kid and could handle the public school life. Despite the setback, she was still a smart kid and got pretty good grades over the years. After her therapy was fully completed, she was still able to keep her grades but she was more focused on where she wanted to dig her pathway into her career life and had learned that the medical field would suit her interests most. Fukui had started taking online courses along with classes to learn more about the medical field and career paths and once she was 17, her father had gifted her the chance to travel out into the world and be greeted with more opportunities than Amsterdam, Netherlands had ever given her. She felt blessed and was grateful to have such a supporting father as she did. She had finally set out to move around to find the perfect place that would greet her with great opportunities and that's how she ended up in Karakura when she was 18. She applied for her last year of high school at Karakura High and the next step would be to work on her college career within the city! At this point, Fukui had met her first love. Vivian. Vivian was her first ever experience when it came to romance and the two bonded over the more dangers of life. On their first ever time seeing each other, Vivan had taken Fukui’s eye, claiming it for her own as a way to trap Fukui with her. Fukui being new to love and still to this day didn’t see a single red flag, she was enticed and deeply in love with the woman! The two eventually got married quickly on in the relationship! Once college hit, Vivian found herself saying her goodbyes to Fukui as she had been sent to college in another country, this ended their marriage and love. Devastation kept Fukui going. She took it as an experience to keep trying and to not let such experiences and now the disability to only see half the world fail her college career. Fukui finished college with flying colors despite being a woman who was dreadfully colorblind. After college she got a job at the school where she got her education from! She became a nurse and was eventually promoted to head nurse! During this time, she had met someone, a man. She thought it was crazy to have such feelings for a man as she’s only had an experience with women. She for sure thought she was a lesbian but something about this guy caught her eye. His name was Dante. Eventually, their relationship grew but Fukui felt her feelings fade quickly, realizing she was only bored and she still very much liked women. During her relationship with Dante, she met a teacher at the school named Nikolai! Oh boy was this woman the girl of her dreams. The two talked and even grew a strong liking to one another! Eventually, Nikolai and Fukui spilled the beans to Dante on how Fukui was a lesbian and then the two relationship blossomed! Eventually, after Fukui had left the school and became a stay-at-home housewife, she proposed to Nikolai thus becoming engaged. After a long while of planning a marriage, suddenly, Fukui’s bride-to-be was gone. Never found again and was to be mourned after. Fukui struggled to get back on her feet after losing her bride, it resulted in her drinking and her depression to an overflow. Eventually, the religion of Shintoism served as her saving grace, giving her a reason to keep going. From then on, she’s been a strong believer. She found the religion through her father. He taught her the ways of the religion in hopes it would save her life and it did! We are now left in her present day, meeting a lovely professor, falling madly in love but curious to if their relationship will come true.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

“The duties of those who work within the Monastery share a common interest, a common goal if you will. That is to maintain the continuous connection that their people have with Kami along with genuine respect. When we talk about the duties of the Shinto Priests, they are not meant to preach or lecture like in other religions, since they are not considered to be the ones in power. They are here to solemnly exist to connect the ties between people and kami.
When it comes to the Shrine Maidens, they are to keep the maintenance of the Shinto rituals and are considered more on the lower level than priests. This of course does not incline that the priests are at a higher level of power as the monastery shares equality with its workers but to continue on, the maidens also participate in ceremonial dances with sacred cleansings.”

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

“Before you enter the shrine before you is the Torii entrance gate. You must lower your chest into a formal bow before crossing into the sacred grounds. This is a sign of respect.
The next step of purification, after you have passed the entrance gate, you are greeted by a basin of water. When you have arrived at the basin, you must take a ladle to wash your left hand, then your right, then the left hand again before washing your mouth to cleanse yourself of impurities.”

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

“Offerings to the Kami are performed to keep evil spirits by purification, prayers, and offerings to the Kami. To gain such blessings and avoid destructive actions of kami, offerings, and prayers are directed to them on a regular basis. Offerings traditionally consist of cloth, food, swords, horses, and other valuable objects but the most common are food, drink, and flowers. Upon going about this, the offerings are placed in front of the kami and left for a period of time before being removed. If your offering is not food, then you must wrap the offering in noshi paper unless secured away in a box. On the paper, you must have a written description of the offering on top with your name written on the bottom.”

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

“From my understanding of how the ritual is performed, you must dress properly to attend to the ceremony as it is an official occasion. You must avoid any type of gaudy fashion and fragrance that can be of distraction from the experience. Traditionally, the venue is surrounded by a beautiful garden and held in a tatami room. The host prepares the tea in front of the guests to soon gives them the tea cup with both hands when being served. You must show your admiration and gratitude to the host when smelling or drinking the tea. To properly drink it, you must take a small sip during the ceremony. This ensures that you are to properly and respectfully enjoy the experience.”

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

“Tamagushi is a form of offering made from a sakaki tree branch which is decorated with side strips of washi paper, silk, or even cotton! At weddings, funerals, and other ceremonies at Shinto shrines, Tamagushi is ritually presented to the kami by the maidens or priests!”

“Moving onto Ofuda, Ofuda is like a slip of paper, card, or plate. It’s made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth, or metal. They are considered to be charged with the power of the Kami. Ofuda’s purpose is protection against calamity or misfortune, safety within their home, or finding love even! This may be kept on person or placed in other areas of the home! This includes gates, doorways, kitchens or even ceilings.”

“Finally, Kagura Suzu. Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells and is incorporated in a Kagura dance. The set consists of three tiers of bells, suspended by a coiled brass wire from the central handle along with two bells on the top tier, four bells in the middle, and six on the bottom. The shape of the bells has been inspired by fruits from the ogatama tree as a final piece.”

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Fukui Saki would worship the Kami Benzaiten. Benzaiten is the goddess of everything that flows and is located to be dedicated at considerably romantic spots among couples. She is one of the seven lucky gods! Fukui finds herself worshipping this one in particular from her swerving tales of romantic encounters throughout her life along with her loving aura.

1701037830514.png

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to limited space. However, your enthusiasm is admirable and contagious! Thank you for taking your time to apply.​

Users who are viewing this thread