MuffinCat

Level 76
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
I would partly agree with this, yes there has been a drop in College students in Classes but this isn't the whole problem. I don't think making them mandatory would be the correct solution to this, as too often then not people would go afk/farm classes whilst we try to prevent this sort of thing it's very hard to regulate. I also think it is unfair to force students who are mid RP to join college classes or they'll receive detention. I don't think there is a perfect solution to this problem.

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
As a PHD with absolutely no room for advancement, I really don’t want to take classes

ethanmm27

Level 5
ethanmm27
ethanmm27
Omega+
People will just afk in classes if they're forced to join or hide around the map and run away from faculty
In my experience people like to hide in the toilets until a class period is over because of mandatory classes which just makes rp worse btw
Classes are boring enough to people since these days they just consist of someone pulling up a wall of text and deciding to fill chat with it expecting everyone in game to actually read it when no one actually cares about the topic
Improving the classes themselves is a better idea and I recommend professors to come up with unique lesson plans rather than lecturing and giving a quiz that not a single soul will enjoy

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
for all the reasons people have already stated, you cant force people to attend classes it'll continue to drop no matter what.

IF ANYTHING just switch it so professors have more ways to earn quota/they aren't punished for students not wanting to attend

Poseter

Level 12
Poseter
Poseter
Omega+
-1 as a teacher myself and someone who's got a college character, there's not exaaaactly a reason to go to college if in real life there's no mandatory and in highschool srp its also not mandatory. tbf, as long as u got 1 student in ur class ur fine. quota is quota, I know muffin will be nicer towards professors especially since this update took place

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
I'd say change the quota requirement for professors, like what eco said. Going to classes is boring, unless you're one of those people who go to classes for the roleplay. I know it's like SchoolRP or whatever but over the 4 years I've played this game... I've gone to class at most like 40 times, and half of which I was AFK. There isn't really a way to "make college great again" without changing the professor/teacher faction along with the student faction. At one point, the classes feel repetitive.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Forcing players into going to class leads to AFKing, etc. due to them not actually wanting to attend in the first place. We'll be adding new incentives like more interesting classes and flash events during classes to encourage engagement, but will not be re-adding mandatory classes.​
- There may in future be a requirement for the amount of classes you've attended within a 30 day period (if you've been online more than 25% of the month), meaning every class isn't mandatory, but you will need to attend a few to keep your College role in order to keep the faction active, but this would be within your own time and you'd of course be able to pick which class you want to attend.​

Users who are viewing this thread