Make Dorms A Safe Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sir meow

Level 37
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
+1, gangrpers cant bait perms and people in teams can actually enjoy School roleplay!

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
-1/+1 I think the dorm campus shouldn't be a safe zone, instead opt for it to be a public zone where GangRPers would still have to abide by the public rules (same ones that work accordingly to plaza, the hospital, and the police station), where they'd have to take a realistic approach when it comes to GangRPing or FearRP.

Edit: Turns out Infi already mentioned this.

Bun

Level 12
Authorization Team
A3unn1e
A3unn1e
Omega
+1 safe zone

Given that dorms were designed to be an extension of the school area, I do agree with this. Major combat should be kept outside of this area for the safety of other teams, adhering to similar rules as school grounds.
I think that for JockRP purposes, these areas should be open to FearRP and other actions like minor combat.
Furthermore, I think that ALL of the team members shouldn't posses any weapons hidden in their dorms. They ought to be required to store their weapons in a different location if they engage in gangrp. <-- (If this were to become a safe zone)

wourthy

Level 18
wourthy
wourthy
Omega
-1 for safe zone

+1 for public zone

Safe zones (like the school and shrine) are meant for no combat at all and unable to brandish any weapons. You still should consider the consequences of your actions and roleplay it out, and you can also easily avoid GangRPers if you keep your hands off them. A public zone is perfectly reasonable though where you have to fearrp the consequences of your actions. Do note that this isn’t 1 sided either, and sports team members will have to abide by the same fearrp rules of potentially getting caught by SLT/KPD if a fight breaks out.
fair enough, you have a good point!

ymir

Level 5
lustgutz
lustgutz
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: lovegutz
What's the title of your suggestion?: Make Dorms A Safe Zone

What's your suggestion?:
I wanted to start off by saying that this has only recently became an issue. Ever since the dorms have been implemented in the server for all of the sports teams, there have been countless GangRP situations that have broken out almost every single day. Considering the fact that the dorms are school property, I strongly believe that it's only sensible that it is a safe zone. Personally, I find it unfair that some GangRPers can just show up to the dorms and threaten to hurt a member of any sports team, regardless of their motive and or reasoning as to why they're there in the first place. My friend vika, also known as vkapka has also assisted me in the process of writing this suggestion. She said:

"As we are encouraged to play slightly "dramatic" or self-assured characters it can easily become a problem with GangRPers attempting to bait permissions by using our character's personalities to their advantage. I'm not going to change my entire character and have them give sugar-coated and unrealistic responses for the way I wrote them because someone wants to punch my character outside of school. If they want to catch me outside of that situation, fair enough, but dorms should be a safe zone just as you can't stab a katana through someone on school grounds. Most student housing has a security guard or system regardless, so I feel like that general plot of land should be treated as a safe zone with some minor exceptions."

I also find it personally unfair that we do not have CCTV cameras at any part of the dorms' surrounding area. If people continue to bait permissions, the least that should be done is making the dorms a safe zone as I have stated throughout my suggestion.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I personally believe that this will encourage players, more specifically team members to engage with other team members and roleplay in the dorms, without having to worry about GangRP situations happening while being at the dorms. This will also prevent people from baiting permissions by using our character's personalities as an advantage.
+1

shonny

Level 0
+1
Heavy on the personality aspect, most of the jocks are supposed to have big personalities that should not have to be watered-down for GangRPers to avoid being drastically injured. The amount of crimeRP taking place there + the disruption of rivalry is actually insane, if the cant understand time and place then one needs to be made.

THE England

Level 23
Community Team
Event Team
Englandography
Englandography
Omega
+1

Using perms in School Dorms does cause a fun commotion and crazy RP scenarios, but dorms ARE part of the school, and I've seen arguments being started due to it since it's an easy place for gangRP'ers to camp when they have perms on a team member.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
-1, branching off of Infi's with the public zone!

Although the dorms are technically part of the school, they're still just living spaces that are still outside of it! With that, it's perfectly normal for combat, however you'd have to fear it due to SLT/KPD. Bullying is a common occurrence at KHS/KCC, which would make sense that there'd be a lot of aggression with a bunch of players huddled together in once spot, especially rivalries, but if it's a public zone it'd be far more likely that majors will not be used inside of it which would be a lot more reasonable! One of the biggest things is being realistic, you'd never do illegal stuff in a dormitory because there's such a higher chance of you being caught and that being acted on.

Take away is.. Don't do crime in an area you'll easily get caught!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
It's best to make it a Public Zone instead if the problem is caused by gang activity. You may not carry out Gang Activity in these areas, meaning you should be fine

milkyram

Level 17
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
agreeing with infi & sora, i think it'd be better if it's a public zone rather than a safe one.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1 What Infi said!
I like the idea of having it a public zone! I also believe CCTV should be everywhere outside the dorm rooms too so crime is detoured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread