mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Make GangRP Great Again

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+

Speaking from personal experience, no. I've gotten myself into KPS because of a plushie, and my lack of knowledge in permissions, mainly because I never got involved in GangRP. Some frequent GangRP could easily bait someone into KPS even if they didn't mean to, because the other lacks a good knowledge in how GangRP works.

Are the permission rules in the /rules? Yes, I know they are, but people who don't GangRP will most likely pay little attention to permissions, since they don't expect to use them.

I feel a lot better knowing that my highly developed characters won't die because of an incident involving a doll again.
LMAOO

on a serious note, its the players fault if they dont read the rules.
Also if the kps was added back with proper rules & little to no ways to bait them then other ppl wldnt get killed left n right
Also, dying bc of a plushie is a skill issue

Acroy

Level 28
+1

Personally I wouldn't want to log on, knowing that anyone can kill me anywhere except safe-zones.
I think it's overpowered, and so many people will lose their characters to this perm.

OYOL

Level 12
Don't H
+1

Personally I wouldn't want to log on, knowing that anyone can kill me anywhere except safe-zones.
I think it's overpowered, and so many people will lose their characters to this perm
Don't GangRP if you don't want to risk your character being killed and think you might not log on because of it... That's also just avoiding RP

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Now, allow me to make a more serious feedback to this post compared to before:

+1. Why? Go ahead and read! Feel free to give feedback to my thoughts, I'm open to it

I generally think kill permissions should be brought back, but to an extent. As a member of the police faction, I've noticed that crime entirely has begun to die out compared to only six months ago, when non-consented kill permissions were still a thing. I supported the movement to ban KPS when it became a suggestion, for the reason being that I really just didn't want characters being needlessly killed left and right. While it still shouldn't be common for a person to be murdered on the street in broad daylight like how it used to be, I think KPS should be brought back to an extent compared to before

I agree with most of the changes made during the implementation of the 'remove KPS' suggestion, however, I think there should be a few things brought back, which may help revive the crime side of the server. I believe that Majors > KPS should be brought back, as I've discussed with my great friend @16Percs for a few various reasons. In my opinion, in the mentality of a criminal, I think that escalation would seem likely. There could be a few other ways to gain kill permissions, within the criminal vs. criminal side of things. As for criminal vs. KPD, the only change I could suggest that's different from the current rules is that if a criminal is imprisoned for life, they may gain kill permissions (for a week, of course), but that may overcomplicate things compared to before

Don't GangRP if you don't want to risk your character being killed
However, I would prefer the rules to be set to how they were previously due to people being able to easily bypass their beloved character being killed.
During my time gangrping
i saw toxic people & annoying people

but i also met with people who are really great, some who I even became nice friends with.
I saw nice & kind people, people who really put roleplay > winning and people who put fun > roleplay
in the end, I saw more nice people than I saw toxic & annoying people.
it wasn't always toxic. You were probably RP'ing with the wrong people.
on a serious note, its the players fault if they dont read the rules.
Also if the kps was added back with proper rules & little to no ways to bait them then other ppl wldnt get killed left n right

Now.. for the other parts of this thread. The point of "don't gangrp if you don't want your character to die" is somewhat valid. However, I think it should be worded a little differently. There can be different parts to the crime aspect of the server; those who'd like to participate more in the lore development of the server, and those who focus on the old part of GangRP, of course with their own side of development. If you don't want players to gain KPS on your character, don't do anything that will grant them KPS, it's as simple as that. If you are unaware of the rules, that's not the other player's fault, nor anybody else's. I also believe that, even without KPS being brought back (so as of now), GangRP should be closely moderated to ensure that no toxic attitude as described make their way back into the community

Anything that I replied to above that paragraph are statements that I (mostly) agree with

Acroy

Level 28
Don't H

Don't GangRP if you don't want to risk your character being killed and think you might not log on because of it... That's also just avoiding RP
Some GangRP's aren't by choice. You could get kidnapped, mugged, or anything just by walking down the streets.
So many people in Karakura already get kidnapped, assulted etc. By the day. With these perms, it's just unnecessary.

EDIT1: Avoidrp wouldn't be not logging on, It would be logging off during a gangrp/rp.

Last edited:

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Avoidrp wouldn't be not logging on, It would be logging off during a gangrp/rp.
It is AvoidRP to not log on while people have permissions on you

They also must have valid perms to kidnap or mug you.... not just because you're walking down the street

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Some GangRP's aren't by choice. You could get kidnapped, mugged, or anything just by walking down the streets.
So many people in Karakura already get kidnapped, assulted etc. By the day. With these perms, it's just unnecessary.

EDIT1: Avoidrp wouldn't be not logging on, It would be logging off during a gangrp/rp.
ur crazy
you need to do something to the opposite individual for them to do something to you

>you swear at them
>they come n fight u
>you get majored if they catch you lacking (if you win) or you sleep for 5 mins and lose 5k

Acroy

Level 28
ur crazy
you need to do something to the opposite individual for them to do something to you

>you swear at them
>they come n fight u
>you get majored if they catch you lacking (if you win) or you sleep for 5 mins and lose 5k
If that's the way it's supposed to go, then some people aren't following the rules.
This is a little off the subject of Gangrp and KPS but:

I've been mugged of 20k before because i was omw to deposit it at the bank. He grabbed me *We rolled and he won* and took me down to the sewers where he KOed me and took all the yen on me. Is this legal?

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
If that's the way it's supposed to go, then some people aren't following the rules.

I've been mugged of 20k before because i was omw to deposit it at the bank. He grabbed me *We rolled and he won* and took me down to the sewers where he KOed me and took all the yen on me. Is this legal?
No, that is not allowed. Not because it’s illegal, but it’s against the rules. Contact a staff member about this.

Ruin

Level 106
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+

you got trolled hard lmao
report it to staff with enough proof

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
+1

100% KPS should be brought back.

Without KPS, gangrp is stale and boring. Plus, sometimes people don't want to do detailrp or P2L and like to do it the traditional way and have fun, which is completely fine.

The purpose of SchoolRP is to make friends, have fun, and roleplay. However, with roleplay, you can detail some things you do. For example, you could do shortly worded actions. Such as "would stab their carotid," "walked out of range," etc. You don't have to do a detailed paragraph on how you stabbed their carotid or walked out of range like it's some Anime Movie. But, I will, and always will, respect people's opinions cause that is their POV. However, I believe KPS should be brought back to an extent. You can look at what Ghostfire said above.

Also, I would like to mention one aspect that was central to KPS going to OOC consent. Which was, Stalling. It is entirely the player's fault, and they get their character killed as a consequence. They should know the risks of doing a significant act that will give Kill Permissions to your ICly character, ultimately deciding your character's fate that week. Additionally, please remember that this is a Minecraft Roleplay server. You do not have to beg for a pixelated fictional character not to get killed.

Note: I have done DetailRP and Simple Roleplay(e.g., right-hooked their temple). Both were just as fun. However, I decided to go the simple roleplay route after a while because it was less tiring than P2L / DetailRP.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We're already working on a fair few rule changes for Criminals & Gangs​

Users who are viewing this thread