mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Make raccoons able to look through trash

samkipX

Level 6
IGN: samkip
DATE: 2/20/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
make raccoons be able to view items deleted in trash bins, maybe somehow make it so that the trash bin is bigger for everyone/ only for raccoons or that items not visible to people, are still visible to raccoons.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
With a new update, items now stay in trash bins for a period of time. I was thinking since in real life raccoons usually look through trash alot. We could think of a system that allowed them to view trash items from quite a longer time ago, so they can look through trash bins. Now i believe this would be considered P2W, since technically speaking you would be paying for the whitelist, and gaining items. However, most people only throw away stuff with barely any value, otherwise they would just flip it. Maybe there would be some way around the P2W. for example: having to write an application for it. and/or only accepting people who have been proven to be following the rules. I know it would be quite nice for raccoon roleplays to have a trash collection. So basiclly i really hope there could be some way this can be implemented. Posible with modifications. Thank you for your time

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
If this were accepted, I don't see why this would need to be a feature exclusive to raccoons, realistically any person could look through a trash bin if they wanted to.

Personally, I don't see trash bins as something that need to reflect reality; in the context of a minecraft server, it just makes sense for there to be a way to efficiently delete unwanted or useless items without tossing them on the ground and waiting. I'd be perfectly happy if they just immediately trashed the items, so I could fill it with more crap I don't need.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich

This is so unnecessary. How exactly does this benefit the server? You also mentioned P2W. Why make it a thing at all if you need an application to do it? So some raccoons can look through trash and some cannot? It makes no sense. You have to buy the Animal Whitelist plugin to play a raccoon anyway, so it's just your decision if you want to be a raccoon or not. Implementing unnecessary features has no point or value.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+

If anyone could rummage through the bin it would make sense, (police finding weapons, alcohol, ect) The problem with this is it would get full, so if it were anything, they would need a complicated plugin to randomize what items are in there, maybe add a skill for finding things, add a local law for dumpster diving. This could also be worked around by having bins in homes ect.

overall it would be too complicated to be useful

Oliverium

Level 54
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Raccoons typically look through the trash for food. If you want to find food in the trash, action digging through it and use /feed. You can also purchase food from vending machines, and since raccoons (any animal in general) can't really use vending machines irl, you/others can imply you found it in the trash. In my experience, I only ever threw away books, and I doubt raccoons would make much use out of stuff like that.
I remember seeing an accepted suggestion about giving all animals access to /feed, so hopefully that's implemented.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
Neutral
OKAY HEAR ME OUT THIS IS SUCH A FUNNY IDEA AND I SWEAR ITS NOT BECAUSE IM RACCOON BIASED!!

I dont think they should be deleted items but maybe an apple! Or a peach treat!!

Tbh theres like a bazillion other cooler plugins before this tbh BUT IT WOULD BE FUNNY AS A LITTLE INCENTIVE THING but yeah if the /feed is now given to all animals kinda no point to it.

BUT IT WOULD BE FUNNY

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- This is already somewhat possible, all bins clear on a 15 minute timer, so I suppose if you're lucky you can find someone elses trash.​

Users who are viewing this thread