mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Make snow land in an even layer

TooManyDucks_

Level 20
What's your Minecraft Username?: KITTEN_TOEZ_
What's the title of your suggestion?: Make snow land in an even layer

What's your suggestion?:
Ok so I'm not sure if its even possible to do this but if it is, it would be great. I think that when it snows, the snow should land in an even layer.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Not only would it look better, but the uneven layers of snow make it a lot harder to run.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
The randomness of snow is very jarring, especially considering that snow IRL makes nicely shaped mounds, rather than being jagged like rock. Fixing snow is a worthwhile decision; yes, it is only around for 1 month, but it essentially disables vehicles, most of which are paid for with OOC money. It's also a hindrance on player movement in general, and while I do think seasonal features are cool, they should not exist at the cost of player convenience.

If I was fixing this plugin, I'd add logic to determine whether a snow tile could grow based on the surrounding tiles; if a chosen tile has four adjacent snow layers (or solid blocks) of equal or greater height, the chosen tile could grow by one. This would create smooth, uniform mounds, rather than the rough and jagged patches we're used to. I'd also add some way to mark where high-traffic pathways are (such as roads and sidewalks), and make it so these areas could only have 1 layer of snow buildup, as to prevent any frustrating blockage.

Miamorchito

Level 19
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1, I know that in other servers you can pass through snow, making it a esthetic choice for the season. However, I do agree that implementing this idea would be helpful for the community and players with cars. Like philbertman42 said, finding a plugin that determine how tall shall a tile grow could really help making it look good and avoiding being stuck while walking.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

it would help KPD too because we can't use cruisers or anything to respond to calls that need urgent attention, e.g. an officer got stabbed on patrol.

Classicalist

Level 87
-1, The snow being different layers makes it looks nicer, If you want to drive your vehicles simply place them on the highest layer of snow and it allows you to drive over all the snow still.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
1. Motorcycles/bikes still work on the smow
2. I Don’t really care about the snow, however I do think the roads should be “salted” ICly (barriers placed above them) to prevent further snowfall on them.

I don’t think it’s that much of a big deal. Players haven’t really had an issue in previous years and it’ll only be around for 2 ish months

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Snow that's just 1 layer looks awful, use a snow shovel to shovel it up :D HAVE SOME CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!!!!

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

its only here for like 2 months out of the 12 we have in a year. you will be fine

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
-1 It looks better now how it is and its only around for a limited time just keep it the way it is

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
It's hard to run in snow irl even if it was flat. Also people's foot steps would realistically make it uneven anyways.

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
I don't mind the unevenness of snow. I love fighting my way home through trampled snow only to log onto my favorite Minecraft server to roleplay fighting my way through trampled snow.

Jokes aside I think roads should get flat snow (as they currently do) but the rest can stay as uneven. It's not as satisfying to shovel snow when the snow itself is already smooth.

Miamorchito

Level 19
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
Jokes aside I think roads should get flat snow (as they currently do) but the rest can stay as uneven. It's not as satisfying to shovel snow when the snow itself is already smooth.
This is more like the solution that could help both people trying to drive and people that want the uneven layers. Currently, I think that even if I am not a fan of the uneven amount of snow (Only when it looks exaggerated cause I am a fan of how it looks) having the current solution that was implemented is good, if not enough, for the community.

mactatti

Level 14
-1 Unrealistic to have snow be evan.
because when it auctally snows in realife do you see it be smooth as ever? No!!

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
when it auctally snows in realife do you see it be smooth as ever? No!!

Miamorchito

Level 19
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
I was thinking the same thing. Realistically, even if snow is present, it is unlikely that there would be a mountain of snow and just a feet apart something completely disbalanced. That is unrealistic. Snow is leveled in real life, either there's a lot of it or not, they tend to have similar levels, if not the same levels. The only argument that can't be argued are esthetics, cause that depends on each person really.

Also, some of the arguments here are just out of logic.
- Being just 2 months out of 12 doesn't mean that's correct or realistic. If something can be corrected, then it should be corrected then.
- The OP said even layers, not at layer one. . . If snow is untreated, it should grow logically, nevertheless that doesn't mean that it will do it randomly, snow follow levels too. The snow can still increase and remain somewhat leveled, I agree that there shouldn't be completely leveled, but the current form is not considered realistic in a city.

Btw +Respect to those who clear the snow, it doesn't goes unnoticed and it's really appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread