• Remove only the "You must have an empty hand" message

• Remove only the shivering while holding snowballs

Results are only viewable after voting.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
IGN:DATE:WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:[IMAGES IF ANY]

1670353612848.png

These are both annoying. Remove the first message, and remove the shiver functionality when holding a snowball.

We don't need a message telling us that we need an empty hand to hold snow, because that's obvious. Nobody is going to be scratching their heads, furiously seething as they try to figure out why they can't pick up something when they're already holding another item.

The shiver thing is mostly a nuisance. It was a nice idea, but in practice it's just annoying and takes the fun out of any spontaneous snow fights by giving every participant slowness. If people want to roleplay out being cold from holding snow, it should be something they can optionally do with /shiver, and not something that's mandatory.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
While I do agree that the "You can't pick up a snowball" message could have a cooldown to avoid chat spamming, holding a snowball for too long should have some sort of consequence. Yes, it is true that we should encourage free roleplay, but the amount of people who roleplay out temperature and other weather-related matters is miniscule (most of the times they do is because we force them to react via a /ita, or another sort of staff-related command)

Lizalopod

Level 130
Cope with the messages, there's no need to remove them and they add depth and prompt more rp (in terms of the shivering).

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Holding a snowball for too long should have some sort of consequence. Yes, it is true that we should encourage free roleplay, but the amount of people who roleplay out temperature and other weather-related matters is miniscule.
they add depth and prompt more rp (in terms of the shivering).

The consequence of holding a snowball is a minor inconvenience which can be negated by simply throwing or dropping it. There is nothing deep or interesting about your character shivering from holding snow; it's something that most people probably just ignore, because nobody thinks being cold from holding snow is interesting roleplay (or at least, I would assume so. My apologies to the niche of people who enjoy reading about paint drying).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for enforcing realism in regards to temperature, but this definitely isn't the way to do it. If people don't want to roleplay out being somewhat cold (which really isn't fun in most situations) then they shouldn't be forced to, especially if it's something as small as shivering.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Neutral?
Is it possible to make gloves that remove those effects? Like real life, you can hold snow with gloves and you won't feel cold.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I see what they were trying to go for although I personally think the effects are a bit much. Could you imagine having proper snowball fights? People would be slowly walking to escape one flying at their heads.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Jokes aside, I feel the plugin is perfectly fine the way it is. Don't want people abusing it and hurling snowballs at people like water guns

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
-1 snowballs are awesome and nothing is wrong with them, you're just being a Philbertman42. The messages add more narration to the roleplay!!

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
i hate empty hand to pick up snowball when using a shovel. Although, by the time they can code in a fix.. december will pretty much be over anyways?

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
While the empty hand message can be annoying it's easy to overlook. As for the shivering, I think it adds a nice touch to the plugin this year

tong

Level 70
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
+1 to the messages
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I'M GOING TO DISTORT!
(these messages are annoying why does IT need to show everytime you shovel snow up)
1670447102476.png

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

As Lizalopod has said, deal with the messages. They give us more to do RP wise and shivering can be turned off

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

If anything, just remove the spamming message + make it so that you shiver after a good 15-20 seconds.
holding a snowball for too long should have some sort of consequence
Let's be honest, one snowball couldn't make someone shiver after holding it for 3 seconds. I think the time should be extended on how long you can hold it before you shiver

Users who are viewing this thread