Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
IGN: lordespapes
DATE: 28/07/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Please, (PLEASE!!) make the walls and floors of the houses replaceable. Since there is another block covering the exterior walls, why not? It's really annoying not to change the walls or floors of the house.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It could help us to build /better/ interior designs, actually to give us more room to be creative. Add rugs, poster-like designs. Some of you might say 'You can just add your second layer of wall.' but some houses (especially the sandstone ones) have almost no space for an extra layer, and it cannot be possible in some of the houses. [Because of the stairs, you cannot add any extra layers at all.]

ny00m

Level 20
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
if i add another layer to my house walls the interior space will be like. 7 blocks total

+1

Mr. Mediocre

Level 58
_Mediioocre
_Mediioocre
Rich+
FAT +1
having to add a second layer of floor or wall to make it to my prefference is such a pain and waste of space

MushyRP

Level 17
MushyRP
MushyRP
Omega+
I think the problem is that they want to keep the aesthetic of the buildings from the inside and outsides. It can be abused, too. If it did get approved, they would find a way to make it so that you can change the walls and keep the aesthetic of the buildings outside and inside.

Neutral

meg0cci

Level 17
Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
I think the problem is that they want to keep the aesthetic of the buildings from the inside and outsides. It can be abused, too. If it did get approved, they would find a way to make it so that you can change the walls and keep the aesthetic of the buildings outside and inside.

Neutral
Just the inside would be enough. If someone wanted to 'abuse' the way, how inside remain - well, they could do it anyway by adding another layer. Outside, nothing will be changed. Like, all the apartments (almost) has enough space to add another layer for walls/etc, but houses are quite different than that. It has NO space, and just yuck!

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+
Neutral, but on the verge of a +1...

I'm personally iffy on this because it would literally only add a block/blocks' extra space. Not much when you think about it. Now floors are something a little more debatable... people seem to want houses to be longer rather than taller, to allow more decoration within a single floor. Using that extra block/s would make little to no difference.

If it were more than a few blocks, I'd totally be with this suggestion.

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
This has been suggested and denied many times. Reasons as followed

- Not practical to have to go over and change every single apartment region to have edit-able walls
- Players can easily abuse this for "Extra space" in their apartments

Shadonk

Level 14
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
+1 Add this to new apartment building that are added. (I say that towards Infi's statement above..) Its so lame to not be able to customize your apartment to the fullest and most of them look ugly af bc of it.. as a previous builder on the server, its not IMPOSSIBLE to do.

Abusing size limits to apartments idk why would be a problem when there's already a housing problem on the server to begin with..? Its completely valid people want bigger apartments to fit more than one person..

Last edited:

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
+1

with what was mentioned, it’s not a massive deal about “abusing” the size of the apartment. If everyone is able to do it who owns an apartment, it’s not really giving anyone an upper hand or so to abuse it

sir meow

Level 39
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
i think if they created a plugin where you could change the walls, ceilings and floors with one of those items in the items menu like where you'd find the builders kit and stuff THEN it'd be a +1, but other than that it would be way to hard to make a possibility as the owners would have to double every single wall that wasint already. i would LOVE to change my walls and floors, personally, but sometimes some things are too hard to obtain

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’d also like to point out that apartment walls and ceilings would have to all be 3 blocks thick, and that’s just a massive waste of space.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
If properties were designed with this functionality in mind, it wouldn't be an issue; however, I don't believe it's worth the effort to go back and update every single house and apartment, as not only would it take an incredibly long time, it may not even work with every single residence (as some may have walls/floors that couldn't be removed without changing the look of the outside building, or interfering with another player's property).

meg0cci

Level 17
Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
I’d also like to point out that apartment walls and ceilings would have to all be 3 blocks thick, and that’s just a massive waste of space.
This is mostly about houses, not the apartments. Apartments, yeah might take too much space but houses are suitable for that - Atleast, most of them has two block walls.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- This is sadly not possible without evicting all tenants from current housing and re-building a lot of the current apartment blocks from the group up to accommodate such changes. Nevertheless, we will attempt to accommodate floor changes over time with newer housing.​

Users who are viewing this thread