mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Make the tutorial more new player friendly.

findouticly

Level 32
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: findouticly
What's the title of your suggestion?: Make the tutorial more new player friendly.

What's your suggestion?:
The tutorial right now, only shows off the Karakura, but it doesn't explain the commands, some basic rules ect...
Only command that you learn when in the tutorial, is the /spawn one.

The tutorial should explain some basic rules and commands, like /setname, /yell, /whisper, /me, /it ect. basically the most important ones.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Well, the tutorial would become new player friendly, so more players stay in this community and actually get interested! ALSO.

#STOPGREENIEBULLYING2024

Last edited:

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 83
Community Team
Media Team
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
+1
It used to have the commands in the old tutorial room, even showing how to create a character. But ever since they changed it to what we have now, new players have to go through the forum or have a friend to explain them how SRP works.

philbertman42

Level 145
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This could be done with two simple steps (which honestly I assumed had already been implemented a long time ago):

1. Add a disclaimer which recommends new players to do "/rules" and "/faq" as part of the tutorial
2. Update "/faq" with SRP's new(ish) "Knowledge Base" page, which replaced the old FAQ document.

Deathndhorror

Level 3
freakveries
freakveries
Omega+
+ 1

When I had first joined, I had been introduced by a friend and had help, once I was in the tutorial around 5 years ago, I didn't know a single thing to do, asking my friend was the only thing I could have done, I feel making the tutorial could really support this server and making a bigger player base. An updated easier tutorial would be so helpful for new players!

Oliverium

Level 63
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1
I remember when I first started, it was a hallway where as you walked through, it showcased each command. At the very end it had /rules as well. Bring that style back frfr. The classroom tutorial worked but not as well as the other one. I believe it should be showcased in a hallway where the end consists of a larger room with different smaller rooms people can enter:
1. Roles - what they do, how to apply (+ exam info), whether to fearRP them (EMS, KPD, Faculty during school, etc), and animal whitelists
2. Properties - how to get them (dorms included)
3. Vehicles - how and where to get them + updrade
Could be more but this is just an idea. Just an optional place to showcase what the server has to offer so greenies can be more excited to explore Karakura instead of spawning in and /me waves and remaining confused.

soratheonly

Level 77
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1

I've seen many people asking how to do certain things, so it'd be nice to let them know the basics in the tutorial so they don't give up getting into SRP!

.Arkkwolf

Level 49
Community Team
Lore Team
Arkkwolf
Arkkwolf
Notable+
[+1]

I also think adding links to the discord/forums would be beneficial, when I first joined I had no idea there were other platforms for an MC server. Granted I haven't been to the tutorial in 3+ years so it could already be there.

Users who are viewing this thread