Making it so whispering and /mes dont AFK you

EnderBubs

Level 58
IGN:
EnderBubs

DATE:
5/24/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I think we can all agree it can be annoying when you and your friends or whoever you're rping with get hit with the "You seem to be AFK!" text while you're doing a large set of actions or whispering a lot. I think we should make it too any form of IC typing (actions, whispering, yelling, ect) doesn't cause you to go AFK and doesn't give you that AFK text

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I think this will benfit the community by making it less annoying to have to deal with the AFK text when you're in the middle of some sort of important RP. Its a small change but one that i feel can just overall make it less annoying to deal with​

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
This would make it easier to afk farm, deal with the annoyance

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
How would it be afk farming? You aren’t actually afk, like you’re there at your computer actioning or whispering or something like that
I specifically said it would make it easier to do so

anyone with basic enough script skill off a 2 minute YouTube tutorial could have their minecraft send a whisper/action every 2 minutes to stop them from going afk, grinding playtime for roles and money.

there’s a reason the only thing that removes afk status is physical movement in game, it’s to prevent that, enabling this to stop afk detection would just allow players to farm easier for money.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable

anyone with basic enough script skill off a 2 minute YouTube tutorial could have their minecraft send a whisper/action every 2 minutes to stop them from going afk, grinding playtime for roles and money.

there’s a reason the only thing that removes afk status is physical movement in game, it’s to prevent that, enabling this to stop afk detection would just allow players to farm easier for money.
To be fair, you could also make a script to walk forward and backwards every few minutes as well.

Either way, it's not that big of a deal. Just hit the w key on your keyboard every now and then, look around, jump, whatever- takes one second every few minutes to get around the afk thing.

Kasien

Level 40
F0llowGh0stface
F0llowGh0stface
Notable
yeaahh.. this could be used for farming, getting called by the system isnt a big deal when doing a big set of actions. I dont see why we would need to add this.

Lazeas

Level 47
+1
don't see how it would make afk farming easier since u can just tap W auto move anyway and constantly getting afk message is annoying

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+

+1
I do not see any problems for this suggestion to be added. It would make it much less annoying when roleplaying at a stand still. I personally am a guy who has never relied on positions or jobs of any kind to make money. I rely on my hourly allowance and being AFK'd mid Roleplay does become annoying. It is just a small edit and only being added do to convenience so I don't see a problem with it.

Now to address your statement @Customable though I do agree with what you said. As Alimonino stated you can script yourself to move every couple of minutes as well. As a staff member you the ability to see peoples actions and /me's already, if someone notices that someone sends the same action every few minutes, it will be picked up. Now to end this arguement basic IC Chat already keeps you from getting AFK and will unafk you, just not LOOC, OOC, Actions, Narrate, or any other forms of commands. I feel either take away the IC chat from doing it, or make it so ic forms of Roleplay will also stop you from being AFK'd.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Wouldn't this make it harder to use for AFK farming? After all, /spy exists. Not only that, but as philbertman42 said (uncommon W) anyone can make a script to simply walk back and forth, as well as send out /mec's which would be easier for staff to detect

At the same time, it's not really that big of a deal to not get your shiny 1,000 Yen allowance. If you really need it, you can put in the effort to press W for half a second

Users who are viewing this thread