mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Making the Adult Role More Accessible

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
I hate it when people get to threads before me and take all the fun arguments away, this is actually rigged. What am I supposed to do, nitpick? Erm, if you're an adult, you get a dark green name tag, and I think that looks stupid. Uh, if you're an adult, you probably just AFK all day. If you're an adult, then I think you're a silly billy, a nincompoop, a dunderhead, a knuckleheadmcspazatron.
so real (ayaka kusanagi >> ayako kusanagi)

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+

I would say something, but I'm pretty sure all my arguments have already been used. Hard pass, though. Ways of getting specific roles/applications processes aren't just there to make all our lives harder, but each one was made with reasons behind it.

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I'm sure it would be great to have more "parents" around, so familyRP is more accessable (even though adult life is mostly about doing jobs and chores) but unless we have a few big corporations that allow for consistent OfficeRP, (or ManagementRP, or general WorkRP,) there is not really an ecosystem to cater for adult roles. And if we had that, it would probably draw away players from the School focus of the game.

draculary

Level 41
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
-1 everyone has pretty much stated what i would have said so i wont repeat it

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder

I have an adult account and I will admit it can be boring. The beauty of SRP is because it’s SRP. The whole idea for schoolrp is literally to be in school. While I understand people don’t want to earn the adult tag by getting a job or working at a place it has to be done. If you don’t have those barriers it wouldn’t be schoolrp anymore and something completely different. The aim for SRP is to be involved around school and how school life is in the game. There are so many amazing features around the school faction that make it unique and fun. When it comes to adult tags they’re very limited to what they can and can’t do. You can’t go near the school during school hours with causes people to jump onto their student accounts because it gets boring. The aim for having this complex system is to allow for progression through the server and to also challenge players to stay in school. I guarantee you as someone with an adult account I do switch to my student account often because I get bored. SRP is meant to be school roleplay if you take that aspect away from it then it’s no longer SRP.

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+

Okay. So, the 'SchoolRP for a reason' statements already been mentioned. If the Adult tag was more accessible, and everyone yearned to achieve it, the server would be driven into extreme boredom. My advice for anyone wanting to have an adult character, choose a faction to apply for, a faction that you're passionate about, not something you think will be easy for you to obtain the Adult tag using. Involve yourself in a faction if you can. If newer players were given an option for the role, it wouldn't give them the complete experience.

Barbie_

Level 26
BarbieG1rl_
BarbieG1rl_
Omega
All the reasons have been stated above, it's been suggested before and denied plenty of times. If you want the adult rank, but don't want to apply to a job gain it through college. The server is titled SchoolRP for a reason, making adult role more accessible would make it more of a cityrp and school aspect would lose it's meaning. If you want it work for it

sir meow

Level 38
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
Even though I enjoy the adult role and would like to have it on my alt, it is boring, and having a huge portion of the community have the role would almost overshadow the other unique and fun roleplay opportunities in a way. If you want to be a grownup and have a family, just aply for a job and become more involved with other enjoyable factions!

Users who are viewing this thread