Omega
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

itsmariav

Discord Name & Tag:
mariav#6666

Previous bans:
I don't have any previous bans. I only have 3 warnings on my history and all of them are over two years old.

Describe your activity on the server:
I consider myself a very active staff member of the community. Although I have University from Monday to Friday during the afternoon/night, I am online for 6-10 hours per day (Excluding Mondays). As a player, I must admit I haven't been a very active roleplayer within the server. I used to roleplay a lot on my main account as the Football Captain but after two years of Jock RP, I got bored of it. Nowadays, I mainly roleplay on my SLT character as the school Vice-Principal. It's the area I currently like the most on the server and I have a lot of fun doing that. Summarizing my answer, I consider myself very active on the Minecraft server.

Which time zone are you in?
My time zone is AMT (Amazon Time) but normally it fits in the EST timezone.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Police Application (Accepted)
HS Council Application (Accepted)
Shopkeeper Application (Accepted)

Staff Application (Accepted)
College Application - Forums, can't find the link anymore (Accepted)

What is your motivation for applying?:
As you know, I used to be part of the faction a few months ago but I left for lack of motivation and I was focusing on other things in my life at the time. I didn't want to hold such an important rank when I knew I wasn't being as active as before. Today, my main focus is my University, but even then I still can use a big part of my time on SRP, and ever since I left Football Team, my itsmariav account hasn't been used for anything else other than staff work - Not for lack of choices! I'm just bored of the same role and same roleplay over and over again. Not so recently, dear friends of mine joined the faction and the missing feeling (Saudade [PT, BR]: melancholy feeling due to the withdrawal of a person, thing, or place, or the absence of pleasurable experiences already lived) came back to me. Although I know how stressful and tiring this job can be, I miss every single part of it. I miss being proud of my cadets, the adrenaline when my character's life is in danger, the fast responses during a combat or chase situation... everything. I know KPD is not the same as two years ago but it is still great and I would love to have the chance to live all of that again.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Plenty! I used to be the head physical trainer when I left the faction. I know all the steps each officer has to go through and their duties and responsibilities in every single rank.
Police Cadet: This is the very first rank on KPD. It's a training officer that will have to go through a long process of physical and informational training till they're able to do their exam. The front desk is their "home", as we used to say. Cadets cannot go off-duty after passing the test nor can leave the station or go on patrols by themselves. They are the officer's responsibility and normally cannot attend to higher-risk situations;
Patrol Officer: The rank you'll receive right after passing your cadet exam. On this rank, you are now allowed to go on patrols by yourself (but is still always recommended to never go alone, always have someone with you) and go off duty - This role is not allowed to train cadets just yet;
Detective Constable: Trainee detective! You'll learn all the basics of interrogation, gun safety, and guidelines, how to exercise your creativity and attention, between much more. Just like cadets, you'll go through a very interactive exam to pass to the next Detective rank;
Police Corporal: You are now allowed to train cadets! You can choose (or be chosen o_o) to be either a Physical or an Informational trainer. Besides your training routines, you will now receive pepper spray and a crowbar;
Detective Inspector: Rank above Constable, you'll receive a Glock-17 and a police cruiser but you still won't be classified as a Higher-up;
Police Sergeant: The rank above Corporals. They must be an example to their fellow officers. Highly watched by the Higher-Ups and always expected to be a good leader and have all acknowledge of the police work. On this rank, you'll receive the police bike and the ability to rent a Glock-17 twice per month with the permission of a higher-up (Only when it's a weapon-related situation and it's highly needed);
Detective Chief Inspector: Considered a Higher Up, they are the ones to be expected to be a great leader just like Sergeants and Lieutenants;
Police Lieutenant: Higher rank in the main division. The Heads of Physical and Informational training are found in these ranks. They are Higher-Ups that have access to the police cruiser and Glock-17. They are the ones that must be an example to the whole faction and the ones that give the cadets their very first introductions and exams.
Detective Superintendent: Highest rank of the detective division, considered the chief detective, they are the ones that must oversee all the other officers and detectives on the station;
Police Captain: Same as the role above, the only difference is that they are from the main division.

Now, talking about actual police work... What do they do? I must say it's not so simple. They have to go on daily patrols, deal with criminals, fill out reports, arrest, detains, check CCTV, DNA tests, interrogate and train each other DAILY. It's not an easy task to do and mistakes can be done. Although, it's expected professionalism and responsibility of each officer to do their job right.
Even though it's been a while since I'm not part of the faction I still recall most of the basic procedures. I will need extra informational training when it comes to the new Government update but I'm sure I'll do my best to learn it quickly and execute it with perfection.

➭ Patrols around the city;
➭ Fines and arrests;
➭ Reports and Restraining Orders;
➭ Training other officers;
➭ Checking CCTV when needed/asked;
➭ Interrogating criminals, suspects, and witnesses;
➭ Making DNA tests, fingerprints,
➭ Much more...

Besides all acknowledge I have about SRP Police work, I'm also very interested in it in real life. I really like to watch series and documentaries about real-life crimes and mysteries. It was a profession I really thought about giving a chance before finding my actual dream which is architecture and urbanism.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
With the growth of Gang RP and crime in general in Karakura, having a local police force became an official need to fight crime and maintain peace in the city, and with that, the Karakura Police Department was created. As in all places, without someone to keep the peace, there is no way for it to prosper, so the officers and detectives are of extreme importance for the city and for the School RP community.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I do. As well I'll find the best way to moderate all of my roles between my accounts.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Cece Hart

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Female, she/her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

College Masters with majors in Physical Education and minors in Law

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Portuguese, Korean and JSL

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique?
Cece is a 5'8'' tall woman with slightly pinkish white skin. She would have long red/brownish hair, where the tip of the hair would be slightly curled, her almond-shaped eyes would be light green and her nose would be thin, slightly raised, and rounded at the tip. Her red mouth would have full lips, slightly oval. She would have a semi-athletic build and Brazilian curves.

She is a very loyal friend since always, after long years being the Female Football Captain, she was looking for something else to do with her life when she saw the open applications for the Karakura Police Department. After reminding all her family members went through, she wanted to honor her mother Maria Hart and aunt Julia Hart, and join the force, following their steps.
Once decided, Cece started to dedicate herself to college and started a heavy physical training, preparing herself in the best way possible to join KPD.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Cece would behave appropriately for each situation. In a working place or situation, Cece would act professionally and pay full attention to her work and surroundings. Treating her co-workers and Higher-ups with respect. She would be able to control herself in the best way possible even in heated situations. In casual situations Cece would be more herself, she used to be pretty popular in the first years of college and easy to make friends with. She would be nice and very approachable, simply being herself towards her friends and colleagues.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
For Cece, it wouldn't be a new thing in her life. Being a jock and a captain was mainly about teamwork and sisterhood. Although she will look at everyone on the station with joy and admiration for reminding her of a lot of her mother's glory days, she is very used to these ideas and works completely fine with teamwork.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I, Maria, do see myself as a leader and so does Cece. Personally speaking, I have been in leadership positions ever since High School, and nowadays is no different. I am used to taking leadership of projects and events and normally I do my job very well and with perfection. I like the idea of being an example to others and someone to look up to, for being who I am always doing my best for them. My character is not very different. Cece was a captain for a long time and had an awesome team for all the time she had that position. She could do the leader job just fine and I never heard any complaints about it.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Cece was born and raised in a city in the interior of São Paulo, Brazil. Being the middle child, her early years were surrounded by her family and siblings until her mother Maria was transferred to Karakura, Japan. Along with her, her 3 brothers also moved to this city, starting to study at Karakura High. Cece's first years in Japan were not the best of her life. Accidentally Cecília and her sister Venus got involved with two rival gangs, having their lives in danger for a period of her life. Gladly, both got out of that situation unharmed and with life, decided not to get into criminal life ever again. A couple of years after this accident, Cece finally graduated high school and joined College as a bachelor. Being a sports lover, Cece spent a whole year on the Spartan Track Team dedicating every single day to the sports and her college classes. With the support of her siblings, she left Track to join her real dream. Being part of the Football Team. Being the good Brazillian she was, Cecília was completely addicted to football. After a few months of being only a member of the team, she got the Captain role. Being the one to lead her and her teammates to success. Not so long after it, her mother became a famous face on the KPD force and her life was in constant danger, being really close to losing her loved mother multiple times during her time on the force. She tried to keep religious for the first years but at some point, she was sick of seeing her mother fight for her life on a hospital bed because of a random criminal, slowly being rebellious and completely against the government and the risk the officers suffered daily. Suddenly, Maria decides to retire from the Detective role and dedicate herself to her family. Somewhat confused with the situation, Cece starts living with her mother in Brazil for a while, learning about her time on the force and all the good moments she lived in it, inspired Cece to follow her steps even knowing the path wouldn't be easy. She packed her bags and came back to Karakura city, ready to apply and serve the force.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you can not. If you are found in a possession of a Pocket Knife the weapon will be disarmed from the owner and they will be arrested for Possession of Minor Illegal Weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Birth control, Paracetamol, Lactulose, Cough Syrup, and Eyepatch.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would yell for them to back up, and if they fail to comply due to the adrenaline in the situation I would call for backup and forcefully try to separate the officers from the inmate - If none of the options work I would shoot my taser upwards, alerting them and scaring them. Making them all stop doing that. I would put the inmate back in their cell and report the officers in question to the higher-ups.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I would, first of all, back up a bit to a safe place and call for backup, describing the situation and location. Once done I would go toward the co-worker and try to separate them from the person that is assaulting them. Once successfully doing that I would arrest the person that did it for Assault on a Government Official.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I would inform my higher-ups and keep a close eye on them, trying to get proof of my claims and show it to the Commissioner.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would be surprised at first and most likely giggle about it in my mind and instantly refuse it, fining them for Bribery.

Thank you for reading my application!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread