Status
Not open for further replies.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
IGN: SIMPL3Z
DATE: 02/12/22
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: & WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Are combined in the massive paragraph
ADDITIONAL NOTES: Welcome to chapter 1 guys

SIMPL3Z “What am I doing with my life”
GangRP suggestion list, chapter 1 - Weapon prices, Weapon stats and more.

A little info to start with :
All of these chapters (about 5) will be posted individually to the SRP forums so it is easier to read as well as easier to give constructive criticism, and I ASK you to please give me criticism, ideas or corrections on these suggestions. As long as it’s constructive, which means u actually have a relevant argument to why it is(n’t) etc.

Suggestion 1 : Weapon Price and Weapon stats and more.
1.1 - Weapon stats

“remove katanas ability to remove limb it is unrealistic, a real katana can chip or even crack/bend/break if you hit a thick bamboos, And add a weapon with pre existing cleaver stats that will cost a bit more than a katana and will work exactly like the old clever meaning it will be able to remove limbs before ko, though its range will be shorter and will be muggable” - SapouT 27/11/22

“ That encourages less interaction where you can just run up & take a leg or an arm from someone with the current ruleset, even though it's not entirely realistic a katana can repeatedly cut through several limbs with no issue, it's believable enough to be on SRP imo.” - OZinth 27/11/22

First thing I’m going to be talking about is the weapon prices and stat fixes, starting off with the katana one with this suggestion / quote from SapouT & the counter argument from OZinth. SapouT stated that the katanas limb removal stats aren’t exactly realistic for the state of the weapon which OZinth approved, although it is believable enough to be on SRP in his opinion. I personally agree with SapouT here that the stats from the beloved Katana aren't exactly all too realistic for the weapon and I agree that there should be possibly an alternative weapon to replace it, but the Katana isn’t really the only weapon I have a problem with with its stats, so simple said I’m going to list them all, 1 by 1 with why it’s a problem and my solution for it.

• Katana [NOT MANDATORY]
(This is listed not mandatory, as it isnt due to the weapon being unbalanced put purely due to the realism, therefore if this change is not incorporated it still is a solid weapon.)
The stats on this weapon aren’t really realistic, that is for only the ability to cut off limbs, the range and muggability (which is only if hands are cut off) is perfectly fine. As for the ability to cut off limbs it’s simply a bit too unrealistic but I get a katana would want to be idealized on a Japanese based server, but for the small bit of realism there is on this server we can sure make it count

My solution to this is making a different category of stats, or to introduce a new weapon similar to the previous cleaver [most balanced stats for the new weapon; 2 block range, Mugabble, able to cut off limbs]
But I’d prefer a new category of stats which would also change the current stat.
Minor & major injuring stats.
It would basically be dividing the stat “able to cut off limbs” to be more categorized as well as balanced for say this katana, the stats information would be as follows ;

Minor injuring stats
  • Able to cut off smaller limbs due to the weapon being of less strength, smaller limbs include ; Eyes, fingers, Tongues, Toes, hands, ankles.
[ all of which except eyes are able to be replaced by donor organs or prosthetic limbs]

Major injuring stats
  • This is basically the exact same as the current overall stat “able to cut off limbs”

These stats could be applied as followed ;
  • Katana (Major or minor)
  • Fire Axe (major)
  • Tactical knife (minor)
  • Naginata (minor)

• Sai-blade [MANDATORY IMO]
Currently, the sai blade is practically useless, the weapons stats are very unbalanced for its price and it doesn’t really fit well into gangRP as a whole. The sai has a 1 block range with unique ability to disarm any weapon except bats, dusters and a fire axe. But due to its 1 block range it needs to approach any weapon held out. Rendering it is already less useful. Then we have the perk of disarming weapons by stabbing someone in the hand, This requires the item to have the ability to cut off limbs (or with my stats changes it requires minor injuring permissions). Which makes the sai even more useless. Then the sai blade is also classed as a UGM weapon & priced at 300.000 yen, logic due to its ability but for the same price and being in a verified gang you can purchase a katana, which can take off limbs, and has longer range meaning you could more easily disarm players via stabbing them in the hand.

My solution to this is as followed ;
Revamp the sai’s stats to what I think would fit best being this
  • 2 block range
  • Can disarm any weapon
  • Can be throw at players in a 3 block range (like the PK)
  • Not muggable from the hands
It’s really just making it more viable by adding an extra block of range, as well as the ability to throw it, which is a fun fact: if you throw a PK into someone’s hand if they're holding a weapon it would disarm them. This just makes the sai’s unique ability to disarm almost every weapon more viable for its absurdly high price of 300.000, there is also the option to reduce the price but still Revamp or keep the current stats
  • 1 block range
  • Can disarm any weapon
These are the current stats on the Sai and in my opinion if these stats were to stay the same I suggest to lower the price to 175.000. Although I do think if the throwing ability would be added to the sai it’d instantly be of more use, but currently it kinda sits as a more expensive less viable pocket knife.

• The bat collections [NOT TOO IMPORTANT]
Yea the spiked bat has been a recurring topic for its stats, the SB’s stats are currently as followed ;
  • able to be grabbed from the hands
  • 1 hit KO
  • 2 block range
In my opinion it’s absurd that a metal bat which is 1/4th of the price is more viable than a spiked bat, throughout my time in gangRP I’ve only seen the spikebat rarely seen be used, and I’ve only used it myself for cop kidnappings and killings. There are 2 ways to solve this problem. Make the spiked bat more buff, or nerf the metal bat (who’s stats are:
  • 3 block range
  • 2 hit KO
  • Muggable from the hands )

So I’ll categorize them
Spiked bat buff:
The stats would be changed to the following options
  • 3 block range
  • 1 hit KO
  • Muggable from the hands
Or
  • 2 block range
  • 1 hit KO

Metal bat nerf:
The stats would be changed to the following option
  • 2 block range
  • 2 hit KO
Nerfing the metal bat would result in the spiked bats stats not being changed, and the other way around for it the spiked bat stats get changed, the metal bat stats would stay the same. I really would like to see this weapon being more viable and useful just for 1 specific job (unlike the crowbar). Especially when there is a counter option which is ultimately much cheaper and LEGAL to carry in public but valid reason for questioning.

• The naginata [MANDATORY]
The naginata is one of my favorite weapons looks wise, and it is already really underrated but also really not viable, the only current use for it would be to use it’s 4 block range in combat to make players approach you in a 1v2+ or to disarm a player with a 3 block ranges weapon, although I definitely think this weapon needs a strong Buff. If I was in charge I’d option to change the stats of the naginata to either one of these options :
  • 4 blocks range
  • (To my stats) minor injuring permission
Or
  • 3 block range
  • Minor injuring stats
OR
  • 3 block range
  • Not muggable
The last one is a wild shot, but the first to really just make sense, the naginata is a heavy weighting weapon and if you were to slam the blade down into someone’s hand for example you’d pierce through it with the massive amount of force due to it weighing so much, these stat changes would fit the current price for 450.000, but if the stats aren’t changed I definitely think the price should be lowered (see 1.2)

• The Fire ax [NOT MANDATORY BUT WOULD BE REALISTIC]
Now overall, the fire ax is an amazing weapon and I am surprisingly a big fan of this weapon even though I myself rarely use it, but one thing did stop in my mind with this. Now I said before that I fully support the rule where you need to be KO to remove a limb, although with the fire ax this doesn’t really make sense. It’s a f*cking axe. So I think this weapon could maybe be hit with a slight stat change idea as well which there are 2 options for in my opinion

Option 1 :
  • 2 block range
  • Muggable
  • Can break down doors
  • Can remove limbs without the player being KO’d

Option 2 :
  • 2 block range
  • muggable
  • can break down doors
  • Can take limbs off of KO players
  • Can take limbs from conscious players if the attack is landed twice successfully

Now this is not really a mandatory change, the fire ax is a fine weapon as it is but it would support a bit more realism, but still negate the problem of players running up and taking limbs in an instant like the old cleaver could

P.S: the tactical knife is sick

1.2 - Weapon prices.

All of the reasons for the prices of the stats that are changed are of course listed in 1.1, but say no stat changes were made I still think there are some tweaks to be made, so I’ll make 1 version of the BMD price roster for If they didn’t get changed, and for if they didn't

STAT CHANGES
PUBLIC ITEMS:

> SPRAY CANS - ¥20,000
> FAKE ID - ¥50,000
> GAS MASK - ¥50,000
> KNUCKLE DUSTER - ¥100,000
> METAL BASEBALL BAT - ¥125,000 → 115,000 [1]
> POCKET KNIFE - ¥135,000

[UGM ONLY]
> BALLISTIC FACE MASK - ¥150,000
> CROWBAR - ¥150,000
> SAI - ¥300,000 → 200,000 [2]
> TACTICAL KNIFE - ¥215,000

[VGM ONLY]
> FIRE AXE - ¥200,000 → 240,000 [3]
> KATANA - ¥300,000 → 280,000 or 325,000[4]
> SPIKED BAT - ¥400,000
> NAGINATA - ¥400,000 → 375,000 [5]

NO STATS CHANGED
PUBLIC ITEMS:

> SPRAY CANS - ¥20,000
> FAKE ID - ¥50,000
> GAS MASK - ¥50,000
> METAL BASEBALL BAT - ¥125,000 → 145,000 [6]

[UGM ONLY]
> CROWBAR - ¥150,000
> SAI - ¥300,000 → 175,000 [7]

[VGM ONLY]
> FIRE AXE - ¥200,000 → 220,000 [8]
> KATANA - ¥300,000 → 325,000 [9]
> SPIKED BAT - ¥400,000 → 375,000 [10]
> NAGINATA - ¥400,000 → 333,000 [11]

Now kind of like a short summary which INCLUDES all the information in 1.1 of the permission changes into the price changes, of course i made a list for the stat changed prices (if the stats got changed on all or 1 of the weapons) and a list if ALL of the stat changed suggestions did not get incorporated since the prices are still a bit unfair for some weapons.

Stat changed prices
[1] - Decreased price due to the nerf in stats but still being a very viable weapon to use.
[2] - Decreased price so the weapon would become more viable to use and since 300k is way too expensive anyway due to the addition of the tactical knife.
[3] - Increased price due to the addition of the major injuries permission (new stat perms.)
[4] - Depending on if it has major or minor injuring permissions, Major making it more valuable, minor making it less valuable
[5] - Decrease in price due to the weapon still being absurdly high priced for its usage. even if it had permission to take off limbs or minor injuring permissions.

Non changed stat prices

[6] - increased price due to it being very cheap for how viable the weapon is and how much it out classes other weapons (Crowbar, Spiked bat)
[7] - Decreased price due to well, it's still very not viable, so why does it need to be so expensive.
[8] - Increased price, very viable weapon, highly underrated.
[9] - Increased price, again a very viable weapon with its current stats, could be made a bit more expensive in my opinion
[10] - Decreased price due to it being pretty much useless when a metal bat exists, which is also why the metal bat is increased in price.
[11] - Decreased price kind of for the same reasons as why the spiked bat got a decrease in price, very not viable weapon for its current price, should definitely be utilized more

1.3 - Disarming stats

Alright so I’ve had kind of a problems with this from the get go once the following rule got introduce where you needed to KO someone to take a limb from them, which the rule itself I fully support and understand but it does suppose an issue with the whole disarming weapons thing, still stayed in the weapon profiles u can disarm players by cutting off their hands but the simple problem with this is ; the hands are a limb, meaning you’d need to cut/stab the hand using the set of majors you might possibly had gained from that situation, but due to major perms not stacking, once you stab someone in the hand to disarm them your set of majors is gone, sure it is usable in certain situations and if you want to try and get out ot a big situation but I’d like this to be a bit more well, useful. Like everything in this chapter 1 it’s all about viability and usability of weapons and their stats, but this technically also is a weapon stat as it’s applied on weapon

but first :
There is a lot of misunderstanding or not even knowledge about what exactly is considered stacking majors so I’ll just explain in short what it exactly is and means.
If you (And your party) are in a situation where you have all been threatened when the opposing player has a weapon out, COLLECTIVELY as the party ( this can be a group of gang members in the same gang ). You all share 1 set of major assault permissions, due to it being off the same situation, otherwise it is considered ‘stacking’ since you’d get multiple sets of majors from the same situation. However this does not mean say you firstly get threatened in a group and after one of your gang members gets stabbed you still only have 1 sets of majors, you now have 2 since it is from a different situation (note that this only applies if you are in the same gang, else only the person who has been stabbed has 2 sets of major assault permissions) but this generally is what stacking is, not being able to gain multiple sets of majors from the same situation. this ALSO applies with being SHARED permissions, if 2 players share 2 sets of majors from the same situation you only have 1, since it’s them stacking perms, if it was from 2 DIFFERENT situations you would have 2 sets of major assault permissions.

Alright so that's pretty much perm stacking, now as far for the disarming perms go I’d like there to be a couple of changes just for practicallty and usability, cause as of currently its not all too useful, as well as even though u can slit / stab someone in the hand a lot of people get confused due to the weapon profile saying “IF HANDS CUT OFF” and only take that for granted which makes it even more useless since. But I have a couple of changes for this in mind.

Option 1 : No majors needed
now this one i think is pretty self explanatory, it just removes the need of major permission to stab / slit someone in the wrist to disarm them of their current weapon they are holding, unless the person wants to cut their hands off which, Isn’t really possible due to needing to be KO’d before removing limbs off of a player. This is just a simple way around which isn’t really too complicated or hard to understand. Of course this wouldn’t mean though that u can just walk up to a random person and stab them in the hand if they are openly carrying a weapon

Option 2 : Disarm Permissions
Make an entire new permission, Disarming permissions. Just a sort of sub category into the major perms and a maybe better and easier understanding way on the rules and making disarming people more viable, in my opinion and my mind how it would work would be the following ;

• Disarming permissions are gained if you are attacked or threatened by a player who is holding out a weapon
  • Disarming permissions give you the ability to stab someone in the hand with a sharp weapon to disarm them and make them drop the weapon onto the floor.
  • Once disarming permissions are used you cannot use them again until you are threatened or attacked again with another weapon
  • If you have been stabbed in the hand and disarmed by a player successfully you gain majors (or KPS once it comes back)
  • Disarming permissions are NOT the same as major permissions, so if you have the right permissions you can remove a limb after the person is KO’d
  • After you have been stabbed in either the right or left hand you cannot use this hand in combat until it has been treated at the hospital

Essentially, this would also change the permissions you gain if you are deathly threatened with a weapon.

This could make it a bit more viable for certain situations where say your character is cornered by a group of people with weapons where you desperately need to get out, you could stab someone in the hand to disarm them from their weapon to try and make an escape, since they would lose the potential range they might’ve had on you or just scare them off, in my opinion this is a lot less more ‘violent’ escape way since normally it’d just be turned into a brawl till someone gets KO’d and majored.

Option 3 : A non harmful disarming.
This one is kinda more unique and has more variants too, it’s just ways to disarm players without necessarily stabbing them in the hand and inflicting damage to them. and more like some movie type sh*t.

Variant 1: Knocked out the hands
It basically is changing the form of disarming someone from stabbing them in the hand by doing some medieval type sword battle and clashing your weapon against your opponents weapon, knocking it out of their hands onto the ground, this would inflict damage to weapons like metal bats, creating dents in them.

Variant 2 : Kick or punch em!
Now right to start, this would require you to be in range of the player, and with fists and technically leg range it is 1 block. So you would first need to approach the player.
Now from then on it’s really just a simple as making an action which would disarm them, just a few examples and ways of this would be

• Twisting their wrist
  • Punching them on the knuckles
  • Kicking / Kneeing them on the side of the wrist

These would technically be good ways to disarm players of whatever they are holding and a less violent way to do so, or if you yourself are unarmed. If needed due to pure realism it could be made you need to succeed in these actions twice in a row, say like a 2-0 score system to disarm them.

This is just all the ways I could think off whilst being in class, I’m sure there are other ways or options people might think of regarding this option of disarming players

Word count : 3482 words
Time spent : roughly 15 hours in total over the span of 3 days.
How much pain this brought me : Yes.
Do I have to finish the rest : Yes.

NOTE :
To make it easier for ya'll you can just react with

"+1.1 +1.3 -1.2 <reason>" So it dont gets confusing and everything

Last edited:

Xyen

Level 3
mid (good suggestion, love it even though i don’t gangrp anymore)

The kps thing for disarming might be a bit weird though tbh

Lizalopod

Level 130
Not gonna say +1 or -1 but

Yall care wayyyyyy too much about your gangrp items. Stop treating gangrp like a game and roleplay shit out...

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Yall care wayyyyyy too much about your gangrp items. Stop treating gangrp like a game and roleplay shit out...
To each their own

Everyone has their own opinions and I know especially Simplez is very fond of rp and not just pvp gangrp. these don't just affect the pvpers, it affects the rpers too

Lizalopod

Level 130
To each their own

Everyone has their own opinions and I know especially Simplez is very fond of rp and not just pvp gangrp. these don't just affect the pvpers, it affects the rpers too
Fair enough

Now one thing I do want to mention. 'Perm stacking' does not seem to be allowed. Permissions (minor, major etc) do not stack, the rules do not mention it whatsoever from what I have seen (i would appreciate if you could point out where this is stated in the rules).

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
oh boy.. here we go

If I don't respond to something, I'm either neutral or I agree with it

“remove katanas ability to remove limb it is unrealistic, a real katana can chip or even crack/bend/break if you hit a thick bamboos, And add a weapon with pre existing cleaver stats that will cost a bit more than a katana and will work exactly like the old clever meaning it will be able to remove limbs before ko, though its range will be shorter and will be muggable” - SapouT 27/11/22

A katana isn't made to slice bamboo (even though yes, it 100% can). A katana can easily sever limbs.

Minor injuring stats

This would cause too much confusion as the rules already are complicated as is

Sai-blade [MANDATORY IMO]
+1 unless lewk has plans to remove or update the weapon.

The bat collections [NOT TOO IMPORTANT]

It's more of a necessary evil to have the spiked bat the way it is since it's still much better than the metal bat. Besides, it can only be used if you have major permissions and it's a 1-hit ko. In my honest opinion, the spiked bat is made for quick and easy knockouts- necessarily when your mission is to knock out someone and remove their limb before cops can come. The metal bat, however, should be used when you just want to knock someone out and have an advantage. 3 block range advantage >>>

The Fire ax [NOT MANDATORY BUT WOULD BE REALISTIC]
-1. The whole 'removing limbs while conscious' saga is a bit odd. It'd result in those pvp gangrpers only buying the fireaxe to quickly use majors and run away. Extremely boring + is a necessary evil to make one have to knock the other out in order to use majors. At least, that way, gangrpers are rping.

You all share 1 set of major assault permissions
incorrect: it would all equate to one set total for the whole group or it'd be considered stacking.

-1. If this were a thing, then you might as well get rid of the whole "muggable" stat from all weapons. If you disarm someone, it's essentially the same thing if they were to pick up that weapon right after. I'd rather not have disarming perms, to begin with, as it overcomplicates things.

Also,
Disarming permissions give you the ability to stab someone in the hand with a sharp weapon to disarm them and make them drop the weapon onto the floor.

Disarming someone gives them majors by default meaning they can just use majors to do this. You are allowed to stab someone with majors and still have major perms since the full extent of majors is removing a limb.

I probably skipped over something and I'll check over later, but for the rest, I'm mostly neutral. The rules seem fine as is.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
This would cause too much confusion as the rules already are complicated as is

Well simply said with everything new added it will always be more complicated, best thing to hope on is that the newly written rule book is going to specify everything more clearly

-1. The whole 'removing limbs while conscious' saga is a bit odd. It'd result in those pvp gangrpers only buying the fireaxe to quickly use majors and run away. Extremely boring + is a necessary evil to make one have to knock the other out in order to use majors. At least, that way, gangrpers are rping.
which is why i opted for practically the old method where you would need to roll twice over 50 to take off someones limb, but in this case it would further op to just win the roll twice in a row

incorrect: it would all equate to one set total for the whole group or it'd be considered stacking.
Exactly what i said :standing_person:

-1. If this were a thing, then you might as well get rid of the whole "muggable" stat from all weapons. If you disarm someone, it's essentially the same thing if they were to pick up that weapon right after. I'd rather not have disarming perms, to begin with, as it overcomplicates things.
Fair point i'll give u that

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team

The last time i PVP gangRP'd was around june maybe july,
Like nylu said i prefer to RP everything out more and not combat PVP with gangRP, these suggestions are purely made cuz i decided "lets give my creativity an open door to walk through" this would just affect everything in the gangRP scene, RP'ers and PVP'ers. It isn't my intention to pin point this suggestions specifically for RP'ers or PVP'ers, just a wide broad view on everything

I hope that makes sense

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
Now one thing I do want to mention. 'Perm stacking' does not seem to be allowed. Permissions (minor, major etc) do not stack, the rules do not mention it whatsoever from what I have seen (i would appreciate if you could point out where this is stated in the rules).

I think that is been a reoccuring issue for quite a while now which is why im pushing so hard to get the rulebook rewritten in full detail, there have been a lot of rules that i needed to learn myself the hard way when i started gangRPing due to it not being stated anywhere, it all just came from someone doing that specific thing and a staff replying with that it isn't allowed, and then it just kind of makes its way through the entire community slowly

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

Pick and choose who you RP with, and define your own stats through mutual agreements. That's roleplay. I've done it a billion times, people are very cooperative on this server as long as you work with them and not against them.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team

Pick and choose who you RP with, and define your own stats through mutual agreements. That's roleplay. I've done it a billion times, people are very cooperative on this server as long as you work with them and not against them.
I mean yea, you can do that. but theres also people who Dont do that.

This is just for a base change of things, it's fine if you pick and choose how you go about your RP, stats etc. but theres also people who dont do this, regardless if they can or not.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
When does chapter 2 come out and is there a brief for each chapter? I only read the first point and as someone who doesn’t gangrp I donut understand the severity of everything but based on what people are saying, maybe rules should be rewritten? Like rewritten to be simpler and straightforward? Or detailed? Yes for now I’m neutral until chapter 2 drops.

SIMPL3Z

Level 100
Community Team
Lore Team
When does chapter 2 come out and is there a brief for each chapter? I only read the first point and as someone who doesn’t gangrp I donut understand the severity of everything but based on what people are saying, maybe rules should be rewritten? Like rewritten to be simpler and straightforward? Or detailed? Yes for now I’m neutral until chapter 2 drops.
I'll prolly be changing it up and making bigger features or suggestions into their own suggestion, and then dumping a lot of small stuff into bigger suggestions

The rule book is also currently being rewritten,
Also not all the chapters are nessecarily about gangRP, it's just chapters of suggestions cuz im letting my creativity go. Chapter 2 has all to do with new stuff for KPD

I also prolly should make a bvrief summary

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
Alright, here we go.

I don't consider myself a roll-based CombatRP pro, the changes to the weapon statistics make very little difference to me, so I'll let people more interested in that stuff speak. I suppose the only two cents I have to add on this subject is that I don't think rulesets should be made more complicated to lessen the number of times mods or admins need to be called to resolve a situation. Consider this a neutral standpoint for 1.1 and 1.2, considering it uses 1.1 as a jumping-off point.

Regarding your disarming statistics, see my statement above (simplified as "less is more") and the following nitpicks:
  • NO MAJORS OPTION -- You don't need majors to disarm somebody, at least, it's not noted anywhere in the rules. You simply need to action to disarm somebody, though if there is a rule written down somewhere, feel free to correct me. The fact that it isn't written down anywhere means your suggestion technically already is implemented.
  • SUBPERMISSIONS OPTION ('DISARMING PERMISSIONS') -- As I said, less is more. I suppose if this were to be implemented, the only nit I'd need to pick is that it would be incredibly difficult (if at all possible) to keep track of this. A significant number of roleplayers (and I'm using that term lightly - if you aren't roleplaying it out, you aren't really roleplaying, are you?) wouldn't go to the hospital, wouldn't get it treated, and will just act as if it never happened. I don't mean to be the Gloomy Gertrude regarding this, but that's just the way it is.
  • NON-HARMFUL DISARMING -- See my 'No Majors' comment. You can already do this (unless you can't, in which case I'm wrong and am making a fool of myself, as one usually does).
I won't be adding a +1 or -1 since I consider these numbers arbitrary and I don't believe in that these kinds of arguments can be boiled down to two or three numbers. This isn't a suggestion in the same vein as a new building or role, this is an amendment to the rulesets that needs to be properly discussed before being ruled on.

I know it seems like I'm a bit negative, but I really do appreciate the thought put into this. Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
You don't need majors to disarm somebody,
Partially correct

I think Simplez meant disarming in general whether it be a frying pan or a katana. there are certain weapons that cannot be mugged meaning it technically cannot be disarmed HOWEVER.

technically standing, the only weapon that can disarm other weapons is the sai. you cannot use your hands unless the weapons says it's muggable and none of the other weapons have the purpose of disarming (though the sai is FAR too short in range)

SAI: [UG]
PRICE:
¥300,000
RANGE: 1 BLOCK
K.O. (HOW MANY HITS?): UNABLE TO K.O.
MUGGABLE (Y/N): NO (UNLESS HANDS CUT OFF/K.O.)
- This is the only weapon that can disarm any other weapon, regardless of if it is muggable or not. The only exceptions to this is that the sai cannot disarm a spiked bat, metal baseball bat, knuckle dusters, or a fireaxe.

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: & WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Are combined in the massive paragraph

All of these chapters (about 5) will be posted individually to the SRP forums so it is easier to read as well as easier to give constructive criticism, and I ASK you to please give me criticism, ideas or corrections on these suggestions. As long as it’s constructive, which means u actually have a relevant argument to why it is(n’t) etc.

1.1 - Weapon stats

“ That encourages less interaction where you can just run up & take a leg or an arm from someone with the current ruleset, even though it's not entirely realistic a katana can repeatedly cut through several limbs with no issue, it's believable enough to be on SRP imo.” - OZinth 27/11/22

First thing I’m going to be talking about is the weapon prices and stat fixes, starting off with the katana one with this suggestion / quote from SapouT & the counter argument from OZinth. SapouT stated that the katanas limb removal stats aren’t exactly realistic for the state of the weapon which OZinth approved, although it is believable enough to be on SRP in his opinion. I personally agree with SapouT here that the stats from the beloved Katana aren't exactly all too realistic for the weapon and I agree that there should be possibly an alternative weapon to replace it, but the Katana isn’t really the only weapon I have a problem with with its stats, so simple said I’m going to list them all, 1 by 1 with why it’s a problem and my solution for it.

• Katana [NOT MANDATORY]
(This is listed not mandatory, as it isnt due to the weapon being unbalanced put purely due to the realism, therefore if this change is not incorporated it still is a solid weapon.)
The stats on this weapon aren’t really realistic, that is for only the ability to cut off limbs, the range and muggability (which is only if hands are cut off) is perfectly fine. As for the ability to cut off limbs it’s simply a bit too unrealistic but I get a katana would want to be idealized on a Japanese based server, but for the small bit of realism there is on this server we can sure make it count

My solution to this is making a different category of stats, or to introduce a new weapon similar to the previous cleaver [most balanced stats for the new weapon; 2 block range, Mugabble, able to cut off limbs]
But I’d prefer a new category of stats which would also change the current stat.
It would basically be dividing the stat “able to cut off limbs” to be more categorized as well as balanced for say this katana, the stats information would be as follows ;

Minor injuring stats
  • Able to cut off smaller limbs due to the weapon being of less strength, smaller limbs include ; Eyes, fingers, Tongues, Toes, hands, ankles.
[ all of which except eyes are able to be replaced by donor organs or prosthetic limbs]

Major injuring stats
  • This is basically the exact same as the current overall stat “able to cut off limbs”

• Fire Axe (major)
  • Tactical knife (minor)
  • Naginata (minor)

Currently, the sai blade is practically useless, the weapons stats are very unbalanced for its price and it doesn’t really fit well into gangRP as a whole. The sai has a 1 block range with unique ability to disarm any weapon except bats, dusters and a fire axe. But due to its 1 block range it needs to approach any weapon held out. Rendering it is already less useful. Then we have the perk of disarming weapons by stabbing someone in the hand, This requires the item to have the ability to cut off limbs (or with my stats changes it requires minor injuring permissions). Which makes the sai even more useless. Then the sai blade is also classed as a UGM weapon & priced at 300.000 yen, logic due to its ability but for the same price and being in a verified gang you can purchase a katana, which can take off limbs, and has longer range meaning you could more easily disarm players via stabbing them in the hand.

• 2 block range
  • Can disarm any weapon
It’s really just making it more viable by adding an extra block of range, as well as the ability to throw it, which is a fun fact: if you throw a PK into someone’s hand if they're holding a weapon it would disarm them. This just makes the sai’s unique ability to disarm almost every weapon more viable for its absurdly high price of 300.000, there is also the option to reduce the price but still Revamp or keep the current stats
  • 1 block range
  • Can disarm any weapon
These are the current stats on the Sai and in my opinion if these stats were to stay the same I suggest to lower the price to 175.000. Although I do think if the throwing ability would be added to the sai it’d instantly be of more use, but currently it kinda sits as a more expensive less viable pocket knife.

Yea the spiked bat has been a recurring topic for its stats, the SB’s stats are currently as followed ;
  • 1 hit KO
  • 2 block range
In my opinion it’s absurd that a metal bat which is 1/4th of the price is more viable than a spiked bat, throughout my time in gangRP I’ve only seen the spikebat rarely seen be used, and I’ve only used it myself for cop kidnappings and killings. There are 2 ways to solve this problem. Make the spiked bat more buff, or nerf the metal bat (who’s stats are:
  • 3 block range
  • 2 hit KO

So I’ll categorize them
Spiked bat buff:
  • 3 block range
  • 1 hit KO
Or
  • 2 block range
  • 1 hit KO

Metal bat nerf:
  • 2 block range
  • 2 hit KO
Nerfing the metal bat would result in the spiked bats stats not being changed, and the other way around for it the spiked bat stats get changed, the metal bat stats would stay the same. I really would like to see this weapon being more viable and useful just for 1 specific job (unlike the crowbar). Especially when there is a counter option which is ultimately much cheaper and LEGAL to carry in public but valid reason for questioning.

The naginata is one of my favorite weapons looks wise, and it is already really underrated but also really not viable, the only current use for it would be to use it’s 4 block range in combat to make players approach you in a 1v2+ or to disarm a player with a 3 block ranges weapon, although I definitely think this weapon needs a strong Buff. If I was in charge I’d option to change the stats of the naginata to either one of these options :
  • 4 blocks range
Or
  • 3 block range
  • Minor injuring stats
OR
  • 3 block range
  • Not muggable
The last one is a wild shot, but the first to really just make sense, the naginata is a heavy weighting weapon and if you were to slam the blade down into someone’s hand for example you’d pierce through it with the massive amount of force due to it weighing so much, these stat changes would fit the current price for 450.000, but if the stats aren’t changed I definitely think the price should be lowered (see 1.2)

Now overall, the fire ax is an amazing weapon and I am surprisingly a big fan of this weapon even though I myself rarely use it, but one thing did stop in my mind with this. Now I said before that I fully support the rule where you need to be KO to remove a limb, although with the fire ax this doesn’t really make sense. It’s a f*cking axe. So I think this weapon could maybe be hit with a slight stat change idea as well which there are 2 options for in my opinion

Option 1 :
  • 2 block range
  • Muggable
  • Can break down doors

Option 2 :
  • 2 block range
  • muggable
  • can break down doors
  • Can take limbs from conscious players if the attack is landed twice successfully

Now this is not really a mandatory change, the fire ax is a fine weapon as it is but it would support a bit more realism, but still negate the problem of players running up and taking limbs in an instant like the old cleaver could

1.2 - Weapon prices.

All of the reasons for the prices of the stats that are changed are of course listed in 1.1, but say no stat changes were made I still think there are some tweaks to be made, so I’ll make 1 version of the BMD price roster for If they didn’t get changed, and for if they didn't

STAT CHANGES
PUBLIC ITEMS:

> SPRAY CANS - ¥20,000
> FAKE ID - ¥50,000
> GAS MASK - ¥50,000

[UGM ONLY]
> CROWBAR - ¥150,000

[VGM ONLY]
> SPIKED BAT - ¥400,000

NO STATS CHANGED
PUBLIC ITEMS:

> SPRAY CANS - ¥20,000
> FAKE ID - ¥50,000
> GAS MASK - ¥50,000

[UGM ONLY]
> CROWBAR - ¥150,000

[VGM ONLY]

Now kind of like a short summary which INCLUDES all the information in 1.1 of the permission changes into the price changes, of course i made a list for the stat changed prices (if the stats got changed on all or 1 of the weapons) and a list if ALL of the stat changed suggestions did not get incorporated since the prices are still a bit unfair for some weapons.

Stat changed prices
[1] - Decreased price due to the nerf in stats but still being a very viable weapon to use.
[2] - Decreased price so the weapon would become more viable to use and since 300k is way too expensive anyway due to the addition of the tactical knife.
[3] - Increased price due to the addition of the major injuries permission (new stat perms.)
[4] - Depending on if it has major or minor injuring permissions, Major making it more valuable, minor making it less valuable
[5] - Decrease in price due to the weapon still being absurdly high priced for its usage. even if it had permission to take off limbs or minor injuring permissions.

Non changed stat prices

[6] - increased price due to it being very cheap for how viable the weapon is and how much it out classes other weapons (Crowbar, Spiked bat)
[7] - Decreased price due to well, it's still very not viable, so why does it need to be so expensive.
[9] - Increased price, again a very viable weapon with its current stats, could be made a bit more expensive in my opinion
[10] - Decreased price due to it being pretty much useless when a metal bat exists, which is also why the metal bat is increased in price.
[11] - Decreased price kind of for the same reasons as why the spiked bat got a decrease in price, very not viable weapon for its current price, should definitely be utilized more

1.3 - Disarming stats

Alright so I’ve had kind of a problems with this from the get go once the following rule got introduce where you needed to KO someone to take a limb from them, which the rule itself I fully support and understand but it does suppose an issue with the whole disarming weapons thing, still stayed in the weapon profiles u can disarm players by cutting off their hands but the simple problem with this is ; the hands are a limb, meaning you’d need to cut/stab the hand using the set of majors you might possibly had gained from that situation, but due to major perms not stacking, once you stab someone in the hand to disarm them your set of majors is gone, sure it is usable in certain situations and if you want to try and get out ot a big situation but I’d like this to be a bit more well, useful. Like everything in this chapter 1 it’s all about viability and usability of weapons and their stats, but this technically also is a weapon stat as it’s applied on weapon

but first :
There is a lot of misunderstanding or not even knowledge about what exactly is considered stacking majors so I’ll just explain in short what it exactly is and means.
If you (And your party) are in a situation where you have all been threatened when the opposing player has a weapon out, COLLECTIVELY as the party ( this can be a group of gang members in the same gang ). You all share 1 set of major assault permissions, due to it being off the same situation, otherwise it is considered ‘stacking’ since you’d get multiple sets of majors from the same situation. However this does not mean say you firstly get threatened in a group and after one of your gang members gets stabbed you still only have 1 sets of majors, you now have 2 since it is from a different situation (note that this only applies if you are in the same gang, else only the person who has been stabbed has 2 sets of major assault permissions) but this generally is what stacking is, not being able to gain multiple sets of majors from the same situation. this ALSO applies with being SHARED permissions, if 2 players share 2 sets of majors from the same situation you only have 1, since it’s them stacking perms, if it was from 2 DIFFERENT situations you would have 2 sets of major assault permissions.

Alright so that's pretty much perm stacking, now as far for the disarming perms go I’d like there to be a couple of changes just for practicallty and usability, cause as of currently its not all too useful, as well as even though u can slit / stab someone in the hand a lot of people get confused due to the weapon profile saying “IF HANDS CUT OFF” and only take that for granted which makes it even more useless since. But I have a couple of changes for this in mind.

now this one i think is pretty self explanatory, it just removes the need of major permission to stab / slit someone in the wrist to disarm them of their current weapon they are holding, unless the person wants to cut their hands off which, Isn’t really possible due to needing to be KO’d before removing limbs off of a player. This is just a simple way around which isn’t really too complicated or hard to understand. Of course this wouldn’t mean though that u can just walk up to a random person and stab them in the hand if they are openly carrying a weapon

Make an entire new permission, Disarming permissions. Just a sort of sub category into the major perms and a maybe better and easier understanding way on the rules and making disarming people more viable, in my opinion and my mind how it would work would be the following ;

• Disarming permissions are gained if you are attacked or threatened by a player who is holding out a weapon
  • Disarming permissions give you the ability to stab someone in the hand with a sharp weapon to disarm them and make them drop the weapon onto the floor.
  • Once disarming permissions are used you cannot use them again until you are threatened or attacked again with another weapon
  • If you have been stabbed in the hand and disarmed by a player successfully you gain majors (or KPS once it comes back)
  • Disarming permissions are NOT the same as major permissions, so if you have the right permissions you can remove a limb after the person is KO’d
  • After you have been stabbed in either the right or left hand you cannot use this hand in combat until it has been treated at the hospital

Essentially, this would also change the permissions you gain if you are deathly threatened with a weapon.

This could make it a bit more viable for certain situations where say your character is cornered by a group of people with weapons where you desperately need to get out, you could stab someone in the hand to disarm them from their weapon to try and make an escape, since they would lose the potential range they might’ve had on you or just scare them off, in my opinion this is a lot less more ‘violent’ escape way since normally it’d just be turned into a brawl till someone gets KO’d and majored.

This one is kinda more unique and has more variants too, it’s just ways to disarm players without necessarily stabbing them in the hand and inflicting damage to them. and more like some movie type sh*t.

It basically is changing the form of disarming someone from stabbing them in the hand by doing some medieval type sword battle and clashing your weapon against your opponents weapon, knocking it out of their hands onto the ground, this would inflict damage to weapons like metal bats, creating dents in them.

Now right to start, this would require you to be in range of the player, and with fists and technically leg range it is 1 block. So you would first need to approach the player.
Now from then on it’s really just a simple as making an action which would disarm them, just a few examples and ways of this would be

• Twisting their wrist

These would technically be good ways to disarm players of whatever they are holding and a less violent way to do so, or if you yourself are unarmed. If needed due to pure realism it could be made you need to succeed in these actions twice in a row, say like a 2-0 score system to disarm them.

This is just all the ways I could think off whilst being in class, I’m sure there are other ways or options people might think of regarding this option of disarming players

NOTE :

1.1 - Weapon stats

• Katana [NOT MANDATORY]

Minor injuring stats

Major injuring stats

• Fire Axe (major)
  • Tactical knife (minor)
  • Naginata (minor)

• 2 block range
  • Can disarm any weapon
  • 1 block range
  • Can disarm any weapon

• 1 hit KO
  • 2 block range
  • 3 block range
  • 2 hit KO

So I’ll categorize them
Spiked bat buff:
  • 3 block range
  • 1 hit KO
Or
  • 2 block range
  • 1 hit KO

Metal bat nerf:
  • 2 block range
  • 2 hit KO

• 4 blocks range
Or
  • 3 block range
  • Minor injuring stats
OR
  • 3 block range
  • Not muggable

Option 1 :
  • 2 block range
  • Muggable
  • Can break down doors

Option 2 :
  • 2 block range
  • muggable
  • can break down doors

1.2 - Weapon prices.

STAT CHANGES
PUBLIC ITEMS:

> SPRAY CANS - ¥20,000
> FAKE ID - ¥50,000
> GAS MASK - ¥50,000

[UGM ONLY]
> CROWBAR - ¥150,000

[VGM ONLY]
> SPIKED BAT - ¥400,000

NO STATS CHANGED
PUBLIC ITEMS:

> SPRAY CANS - ¥20,000
> FAKE ID - ¥50,000
> GAS MASK - ¥50,000

[UGM ONLY]
> CROWBAR - ¥150,000

[VGM ONLY]

Stat changed prices

Non changed stat prices

1.3 - Disarming stats

but first :

• Twisting their wrist

NOTE :

-1 partially cause i think i got brain damage from reading that

good suggestion and i like the effort put into it and i agree with a lot of it and i dont agree with a lot of it either. i just think a lot of these are unnecessary and uneeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread