Not open for further replies.

Adym

Level 145
IGN (In Game Name): Adym
Previous bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I fully understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am very active on the server and try to play as much as I can. I am on during weekdays and weekends.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
Yes I do and I usually will be in the AFK channel when not available if not in any other channel.

Do you have a microphone?
Of course.

List your current and past applications: N/A

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying would be the ambition of being able to help other players and to further my roleplay experience. I feel that all teachers do a great job at teaching, but sadly the teacher activity is low and I feel I can help in bringing up the teacher activity.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Yes I have.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Yes, and I will devote my time to make sure I follow the teacher COC.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Of course as this will help me further my roleplaying portray as a teacher.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
I would make sure everyone going on the trip has permission to do so and we would go to The Museum of Mathematics. This could help them improve their skills in Math and also create a fun experience for the students in getting out of the school.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
All kids should be quietly waiting for the teacher's instructions and what activity will take place next. All students should participate in the activity not leaving any kids behind. All students should be seated until instructed to do otherwise.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I do not have any prior teaching experience, but from an observational point of view I understand the rules and how a teacher should act in a classroom to students and fellow teachers.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher [NQT]
Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills [QTLS]
Head of Department [HD]

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Of course I have as this is required in teaching and roleplaying as a teacher.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I think the teachers do an excellent job in teaching and should continue as they are, but I think if there were more teachers available during the day the server could create an amazing school experience for everyone.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. I know that teachers must at least obtain a Bachelor's Degree, help students with any questions they have about a teacher's experience in life or about the subject they teach. Teachers help students prepare for the exam at the end of the school year. Teachers aim to make students successful and progress through their life. Teachers make lesson plans during their spare time and clear the halls to prevent any negative activity from the students. Teachers are also given a fair salary in response of how valued they are in the school system.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:

Teachers are one of the most important elements in a school RP server as they are what makes up the school and have the ability to teach students what is required of them and help them meet the standards set by the school. Without teachers a school would be pointless and this is why teachers can be valued more on a school RP server and these teachers should set excellent examples for the students to follow.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - In the position of trainee you observe other teachers teaching class and may even assist the teacher in activities if presented to you. This position helps prepare you for a class and give you an idea of what teaching will be like in a teaching environment.

Newly Qualified Teacher - This position is the next step from a trainee as you can now perform classes, but only with the Head of Departments permission. This position should also to check the roleplay documents on the lessons you are required to be teaching.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - This position is your regular teacher and you can now perform classes freely, but ensure with other teachers that you will be teaching at that time. It is recommended to follow the lesson plans by the book, but you should still cover the main elements within the lesson.

Head of Department - This position in ranking system of teachers is the position at which you are in charge of the department. You ensure that fellow teachers are follow the teacher COC and make sure they teach their subject correctly to the students. Becoming a HD isn't possible when there is already a HD current in that subject, but achieving the rank of Co-HD is always an option.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system runs on a Must have, Should have, Could Have system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? Mr. Adym is blonde headed and has a beard. Small build and has a height of 6'0, dark blue eyes. Mr. Adym will wear majority of the time a Red bowtie, a blue vest, khakis, brown shoes, and a brown jacket. Mr. Adym will be strict and not very tolerant to students who act foolish. He gets along with other teachers very well and enjoys making plans for his next class. Majority of the time you will find Mr. Adym making plans in his classroom and walking throughout the halls to ensure students give outstanding behavior to represent the school. Mr. Adym plans to become a teacher at a college and teach higher educated students with a better understanding of maturity. Mr. Adym stands out to other teachers with his professional manner and his praise for students who aspire to follow rules and act as maintained as possible.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would give them warnings that if their behavior would continue in that manner that they would have dire consequences by possibly being sent to the principal or most likely detention if they didn't fix their behavior.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would slam a book on my desk while yelling quiet and if anyone were to be caught speaking in the class for the third they would have to stay after class or be sent to detention.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? Mr. Adym is very calm and collected when around other teachers and discuss lesson plans while socializing with other teachers. Most likely would enjoy a meal.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Slams book on desk.
/me Writes Mr. Adym on the board.
/me Hands out assignment to students.
/me Points at (player name) to come to the front of class.
/me Looks over tests and writes down grades.

BACKSTORY

Growing up Adrian Adym was bullied throughout high school and didn't have many teachers to help him throughout his life and devoted his time to ensuring that students would always have a teacher to look to when being bullied. This motivated him to pursue his dream of becoming a teacher. Math had always been his favorite subject as he excelled through high school and in college in this subject. Later known as Mr. Adym, Adrian became very strict not letting many others bully or push him around again. Adrian's focus had always been on school as he had a good family and a very successful father who had been a professor until retiring. His dream of becoming a teacher is to later lead on a life of being a professor just as his father had been. His father had later passed and he knew he wanted to continue his father's dream of Adrian becoming a successful professor. Mr. Adym knows he has to go through many hoops to achieve this goal. He started out at the age of 22 substituting classes in America to make money to afford rent. He later met a female teacher who was also a substitute and lived in Japan, she was only visiting in America. Adrian Adym followed his love to Japan to continue his teaching career. He became married with his love, then she later passed away due to heart failure. This crushed Mr. Adym and now he knew he had to follow his dream once again and pursue teaching. His love life will never be continued again his wife was his only love and Adrian currently does not speak of her as it will only sadden him. Mr. Adym currently is finding jobs as a substitute until he can find a teaching job in a high school.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Adrian Tommy Adym
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Adym
Given Name(s): Adrian
Preferred Name:
From Teachers: Adrian or Mr. Adym
From Students: Mr. Adym
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Widower

Nationality: U.S
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 18 years of substitution.
Working Experience (# of years): 22 years of work.

Academic Degree: Mathematics

Year of Graduation:1999
Major(s): Mathematics, Geometry
Minors: English

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Math

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thank you for reading my application and hopefully you would consider me for a teaching candidate.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have met the requirements to become Teacher. You will be given your rank in due time.

Notes:

Q: You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?:

You should first ask the principal and make an application for the school trip, this is just a minor mistake but it is best for you to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread