kpzqy
kpzqy
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
aweZezz

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): snoozyzezz

Do you have a microphone?: Yes I do.

How old are you? (Optional): I wish not to say.

What is your time zone?: PST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I completely understand.

Describe your activity on the server: I am quite active on the server. I would rate my activeness around an 8/10 if I had to scale it. I'm often on anywhere from 4:25 PM-8:30 PM on weekdays, as for weekends I'm often on anywhere from 9:00AM-3:00AM at night. (I know I don't have a life.) I have also managed to get a playtime of seven weeks and nineteen hours within the span of around nine months on my main account.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/dutch-application.65827/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-italian-charismarp.63591/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/charismarp-third-language-application.63399/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/charismarps-psychiatrist-application.61992/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-app-2-0.60916/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.60817/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/height-application.60502/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/greek-application.60248/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zezzheres-ban-appeal.58958/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/icelandic-application.57695/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.57660/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application-zezzhere.56995/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-application-zezzhere.56839/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): On my main account aweZezz, I have a College bachelors character and a grade twelve character. On my alt account I have a grade nine still grading it up. I plan to play the teacher character on my main account as a secondary slot, replacement of my grade 12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I am currently making an application for mathematics.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I would like to receive new roleplay opportunities so SRP does not become stale to me. I often find myself jumping around school as there isn't a class I preferably want to join on my grade 12 character so I would like to host classes myself instead. As for most of my time on SRP I was mostly gang roleplaying, as I feel gangRP has had more of a fallout recently I have decided to around a couple months ago stray away from it. I'm mostly just romanceRPing or sportRPing nowadays and I'd really like to become a teacher for another opportunity to do something less boring within SRP. I have a couple friends that we're on doing FacultyRP and are currently doing FacultyRP, alexkice and CTC0 are both friends of mine that have done TeacherRP/FacultyRP and both enjoyed it. In conclusion for my motivation, I feel as if I really just want another roleplay opportunity to TeacherRP with friends and possibly make new friends along the way of my journey in TeacherRP if I am accepted.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: I usually enjoy teaching/training as it's once again a new opportunity for me to learn something, either way I completely acknowledge this.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs show how many current classes you have done so you know when you are soon to reach your quota, what room this class was in, how many students attended your class, the classes duration and how many students we're available to join your class.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Please be respectful to other classmates and teachers or just anyone for that matter.
2: No usage of a cellular device unless a faculty member has given you correct permission
3. A student should not be wearing a mask unless having a note from a doctor
4. Raise your hand before speaking out loud to the class

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: GangRP, RomanceRP, DelinquentRP, RacingRP, MechanicRP, FearRP, FamilyRP, CollegeRP, and I think that is about all I have done on SRP. As for other servers I have done; PoliceRP, DoctorRP, SurgeonRP and CounselorRP.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department's are allowed to assist teachers when assistance is needed, the Head of Department themselves require around the most amount of experience in teaching and they are also often considered an academic leader.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teachers have a little less experience as the Head of Department. They have now proven that they can independently host a class without a HD or QT present.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: NQT's must prove their ability that they really are worthy of QT by now hosting independently without a HD or QT.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A newly hired teacher ready to receive training when available. They are not allowed to host classes without a QT or HD present.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general:

Teachers teach in many methods, hands on, showing slides & giving projects. These help students engage in meaningful conversation & real world experiences. This will help further their abilities in the classroom. I would like to implement such methods for effective use. Such as projects creating or engineering. It's our job as teachers to help develop without them, parents would have to homeschool, which means they wouldn’t have time to work and support themselves and their children. In my opinion, that’s what a teacher is and serves. Dealing with ignorant students & bad kids comes with the job of course and will go through whatever it takes to develop & nurture the kids & youth of the world. Salaries for teaching in real life can range from anything really, it depends on what place you may be teaching at, as for in-game a teacher's salary ranges from 500,000 per month to 350,000 per month. QT and HD make the max of 500,000 and NQT and UT make the minimum of 350,000 yen per month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers provide the main roleplay of SRP as SRP stands for School Roleplay! Without teachers there wouldn't be people to provide punishments to the misbehaving students or even just have fun roleplay opportunities. Teachers in SRP are quite similar to teachers out of SRP as they do the same as any other teacher would, punishing bad students, teaching a specific subject and even just helping other teachers out to all have a good roleplay experience. Teachers in SRP are also similar to out of game teachers because at the end of the day the teachers go home and go to job and do all that normal stuff! Teachers often have to adapt to different learning styles as some students learn differently. Some students think some teachers are perfect just because of the way they teach. Most SRP teachers aren't just single life characters, often they have an in-character family that they have to host classes to keep a roof over their kid's heads and feed in general! As a college student in character I find it hard to even just make money without a job or something other than roleplaying to make a sustainable amount of yen. So in conclusion teachers are really really important to SRP as they are what I consider the base of school roleplay. They are the reason we can call SRP well SRP. Teachers just serve such a huge purpose to the school roleplay server. Imagine SRP without the teachers what would we do during school hours? Stand around talking to people? Play sports? Eventually that would all get boring and just stale. Teachers in school roleplay are the reason SRP is currently not stale and boring to the playerbase of SRP. Even out-of-game teachers serve such a huge purpose without them every parent would have to homeschool or just not get knowledge! Parents already have such a full plate considering work, hobbies and friends! Imagine single parents having to do all that work, homeschool and having more than one child, without teachers parents wouldn't have a single second to themselves. Teachers both in-game and out-of-game serve such a huge purpose they are quite a necessity to the world itself.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: SchoolRP works on the "MoSCoW" system. The long term for this would be known as; Must have, Could have and should have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Jurjen is a tan hispanic male with a soft purplish blue shade of hair. Jurjen thinks all students have potential just don't show it, when Jurjen does anything he thinks of how it would've been in the other person's shoes. Jurjen's eyes are a static brown often being described as weird to look at. As a kid Jurjen was bullied for being adopted so when he does think of other humans or any entity in general he feels pity for just even the smallest things. Jurjen often thinks of other teachers as a helpful resource as his brother Yokokashi Katayama (a teacher) is quite a help to Jurjen in his discovery of life. Jurjen is quite laid back but he has one major rule, this rule being no bullying. As a child Jurjen was quite often bullied for almost anything he did! One of the constant things were his height, Jurjen's height peaked in highschool at the height of 5 feet 11 inches but the rest of his family was quite tall his father being around 6'10 and his mother being around 6'8 this was once again another reason for Jurjen to be picked on. Jurjen's long hair that went down to his back was often another insult thrown at Jurjen for being called a "girl" or "sissy" the names are really endless. Jurjen's plans for the future are to continue to be a teacher and make a safe environment for the students at Karakura High school by not allowing bullying, physical assault, verbal assault, or any of the sorts. Jurjen's voice would be naturally low but if needed to be raised he of course can, as he adapts well to new environments.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Jurjen would speak in a relaxed tone asking the delinquents to use nicer language on school grounds, assuming they don't listen he'd raise his voice stepping forward a little "I said to stop! You listen to me at once."

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: The male would take a step back bringing his math textbook up into the air gently slamming it onto the desk making a loud noise gathering everyone's attention, "Listen now before it reflects later! Your actions do have consequences!"

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Jurjen is quite relaxed, often just grabbing a snack and sitting in the back drawing up classroom procedures and plans for the future.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Jurjen would stroll up to the front desk sitting in his spinny chair slightly spinning himself from left to right to left, &f"Uhh.. alright class! So today we shall begin learning about the basics of Algebraic equations. Students please make your way in a line to the front desk to receive your work." The male would hand them a small notebook filled with questions ready to be answered. These questions would entail: Find the value of y 12y=108 and other basic problems like that.

/me As a young student approached his desk Jurjen would listen to the question helping the student with the question, this question was: 5y - 10 = 15 Jurjen would then explain that to solve this problem the student has to figure out what y was! Jurjen would explain that it couldn't be 5 x 4 as 5 x 4 = 20 so it must be 5 x 5, when the student got the answer right Jurjen would give the student a high five sending them back to their desk.

/me An older student would be in the back of the class making loud noises and other racket Jurjen would make an attempt to shout over the students clattering noises only to fail, as Jurjen walked over to the student he'd tap his shoulder twice saying to the boy, "This will be your last warning, your actions have consequences."

/me As Jurjen read out of his textbook to the class, licking his finger flicking a page, licking his finger flicking a page and continued reading and flipping the pages until he reached the end of the chapter, "That concludes the end of today's lesson!" He'd wave his hand to the class "I will see you all next period!"

Backstory
They eventually accidentally had a kid & everything went quite bad. Since the woman was so young the families decided to leave the baby in Lars' care. The kid would be named Paulo Antholts. Taking a Brazilian first name & last name from the father's Dutch side. Mr Anholts brought Paulo all the way to Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Where he lived & taught him a variation of skills from the age of 3 to 16. He was taught to the best of his father's abilities. About subjects like history of the world, the fine arts & particularly mathematics. His father would push Paulo to achieve even higher marks. This was shown when he became one of the best chess players for his age in all of Europe. To test his son Mr. Anholts brought his son to Japan to compete with others. After landing in Narita Intl airport his father would tell him to wait outside for a cab that would pick him up. A van showed up with weird Kanji writing, sadly he couldn't read it but the man who came out could speak Dutch! After being told this was his ride he entered the van, Paulo was not stupid as he questioned the man around him & got the information that he was being transported to Yokohama. He would eventually fall asleep after being woken up by a bump! He had arrived at a location north of Tokyo at the front gate but he didn't know what it said. Eventually, he was told this was an orphanage and he would ask the administrators to check if there was a mistake. Sadly the staff didn't speak any Dutch so Paulo would stay in the orphanage for a couple of months. Helping the younger kids becoming a big brother to the kids there. Paulo eventually learned Japanese from the kids & adults. One day while helping a kid he was called over by staff of the faculty and told that he may be getting adopted! He met the kind Katayama family which was looking for an older kid to defend their daughter. Her name was Akari Katayama, the next heir to the family name. She was 10 years younger than him & didn't have many friends. After a long night of conversation, they signed the paperwork & gave Paulo the name Jurjen Katayama. He was taken in a nice Mercedes where his new home would be. This new home was massive, not such wealth Jurjen had ever seen. His job was to be a mentor & older brother to Katayama's youngest & only daughter. To do this he took studying & the arts seriously after 3 years with the Katayama when he was 24. Akari was 14 & Jurjen felt as if he could not teach her anymore. So he decided to leave Akari, thanking the family. He didn't realize he was part of the family so he left. So while looking for work he saw a poster that he ended up going next to a few others. He once again met the Katayama family and they asked for him to come back to the family. Jurjen felt it was a burden to them to have him around so they made a compromise, to earn money he became Akari’s personal tutor, learning things about psychology & history. His love of knowledge as a kid & in his teen years had helped him immensely. He loved teaching people & helping others. So when he got the chance later on to become a teacher he took the chance with no hesitation. Jurjen wants to help develop the young minds of the world & saw it as his job to guide them.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Jurjen Katayama
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Katayama
Given Name(s): Paulo/Jurjen
Preferred Name: Jurjen or to students, Mr. Katayama

Age (Minimum is 27): 38
Religious Denomination: Shinto
Marital Status: Divorced

Nationality: Hispanic/Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
Nine years.

Academic Degree: PhD in Calculus and bachelors in astro-physics
Year of Graduation: Twenty-Five
Major(s): Mathematics and Physics
Minors: Astro-Physics, Teaching, Education and Algebra

Native Languages: Dutch and Japanese
Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I have a TEFL certificate

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
The photo's below are picture's Jurjen Katayama
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 6.06.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 6.06.37 PM.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 6.06.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 6.06.44 PM.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread