mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Maths Teacher Application

blindRP

Level 1

Out-Of-Character Information:

What is your Minecraft username?: Sunnystar123

How old are you?: 18

Do you have any previous bans?: Once for ERP but I have learnt from my mistake, and will not be doing it again.

What Country are you from?: United Kingdom

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): sim#6195

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I understand.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes and I agree that this is fair.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, I understand and I look forward to documenting these classes.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I would say I am very active on the server, I usually play more than 2 hours every day, unless I have personal needs to attend to. I am also fairly active on the forums, I submit my questions in the help section if I need to and am usually looking through the forums to see if there are any updates/important news.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/blindrps-college-application.32802/ (ACCEPTED) - on my alt account

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.32081/ (ACCEPTED) - on my alt account

https://schoolrp.net/threads/request-for-age-18.32077/ (ACCEPTED) - on my alt account

Trivia:

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I would like to become a teacher since it has been something I have been interested in OOCly. I really like helping others and explaining concepts, both that I understand and those I am interested in. Maths has always come to me naturally and I really enjoy the subject, which makes me want to help others with it. Loads of people don’t enjoy maths, but I want to make it a subject that they can understand a bit more and start to hopefully like.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I found out about minecraft roleplays from watching youtube videos a couple of years ago and then I started role-playing myself around 7 months ago on CreativeFun.net and began my journey there through different styles of roleplays. Then soon after, I found out from a friend about this server and I was immediately interested in School RP. Since then, I have been role-playing on this server mainly, I have made many friends through this platform and have understood more about the rules and workings of roleplaying.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: Yes, I have read it.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are used to record the class activities conducted in each lesson that the teacher has taught. Teachers can write down the specific tasks and topics taught, along with any tests they may have given to their students. Once the teacher has marked these tests, they can document the results of their students, as well as their attitudes to learning. These logs can be reviewed by senior members of staff to ensure the teaching is adequate and to the standard expected.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: First I would bring the idea up to the senior members of staff who have the ability to accept or deny trip requests. If they say that I am able to organise one, then I will research in depth where I would like to take the students. I will organise a trip letter for the students to get signed, to ensure that their parents know about this. I will plan which staff will go with me (if more than 1 needed) so that the students are safe and in good hands.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Personally I believe there can be many rules for students to follow but here are some I would enforce:

1. Respect the teacher and other students at all times.

2. Complete the work set by the teacher to your best ability.

3. No use of phones or any other electronic devices during class.

4. Bring all equipment to class, otherwise there will be warnings given out.

5. No alcohol consumption in class, or in school premises.

6. Tidy up before leaving the class, and put back any equipment you have used as you found them initially.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): In terms of roleplaying as a teacher, I have no experience on SchoolRP of that, however this is why I am applying for this position since I would like to experience this and hopefully enjoy it. OOCly, I have helped out in class, explaining and sharing my knowledge with my peers. I have created lesson powerpoints and presented topics to the class before. On SchoolRP, I usually attend classes and participate in them, hang out with my friends after school, go to my friend’s apartments and chill, go to the Shopping District when shops are open and have a look there.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of Department- someone who is more experienced in their subject and overlooks and can assist if needed, new teachers in their department. They also ensure the syllabus is being taught appropriately and the students are getting an adequate experience in their subject.

- QTLS: Qualified teacher learning and skills- these teachers are qualified enough to train NQTs and help them start and conduct classes well. They are a sort of role model to NQTs, and can host their own classes.

- NQT: Newly qualified teachers- these are teachers who have just started working. They can ask for assistance from other teachers who have more experience, to confirm they are teaching correctly and can better their experience.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are adults who have received a degree in their chosen studied subject and now have moved into entering the working world. Many teachers may have started off as being Assistant Teachers or Tutors, before becoming a full-time subject Teacher. Teachers help students to learn content, acquire knowledge and apply this newly-learnt knowledge. Teachers are paid by the government, and their salary can depend on what level of teaching they are doing, how many hours they teach, what form of contract that they are in, and also the kind of area/school that they are teaching at. I believe ICly, teachers can earn 300,000 yen for completing 15 classes in a month, and they can earn an extra 50,000 yen per 5 extra classes. Teachers prepare lessons for them to teach, they can do this through powerpoints or just basic pointers about the topic they will be teaching in that particular class. They also prepare tasks and activities for students to do so that they can involve themselves in these and actively participate. Teachers can also set homework for students to complete, based on the topic covered in class.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: In a school there will be daily classes/lessons, and in order for these classes to occur, we need teachers. Therefore, SchoolRP would need teachers to teach these lessons to the students. Teachers prepare the future labour force, by sharing the knowledge that they have gained over the past years. Teachers don’t only teach the students the content, they are also like a ‘second parent’, and are there to listen and aid the students with any problems they may have.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The school’s lesson planning system is called the “Must have, Could have and Should have” system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Madeline “Maddie” H. Lazzaro would be a 5’6 female born in the beautiful city of Marseilles in France. She would have deep brown eyes and naturally wavy, dark brown hair. She would smell of sweet chamomile, and would appear as a friendly figure. Maddie is a very approachable person and is described as a ‘sweet soul’ by her friends. She can speak French quite fluently, as well as English and Japanese. She likes to play the piano in her spare time, it is something she picked up from her father, when he was alive, and continues to play it in memory of him. She was always interested in Maths, since she was fascinated by numbers and algebra from early years when she was introduced to them. She loves to share her knowledge about anything and everything, and likes to educate others on important matters. She has always been a family person, and hopes to get married to someone she loves in the future, currently she is single however. She adores kids and would like to have 2 in the future, one boy and one girl. She has always been interested in teaching, and her mother was a primary school teacher which peaked her interest even more.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would go up to them and remind them of common etiquette and the school rules, which forbid them of using such derogatory terms. I would try to explain to them why they shouldn’t be using these bad words, and if they don’t listen then I would try to get a senior member of staff or a counselor to come and talk to them, to make them realise what they are doing,

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: One of the most important rules in any classroom or general scenario is to listen to the teacher and show them the respect they deserve. They are taking time out of their day to teach the students these classes and help them excel into brighter, more mature individuals, ready for the future. If they are not listening, then I will try to gain their attention and remind them of my authority as a teacher. If there is a particular student who is being disruptive and not listening, then I will give them warnings before I kick them out of the class, since they clearly have no interest in being here and are wasting their time as well as all of the other student’s time and my own. If they still don’t stop, then I will have to contact a higher member of the teaching team to assist me in this.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: My character would sit down on one of the sofas/chairs in the lounge, after making some coffee. She would like to relax before her next class. She would interact with the other teachers in the lounge, talking about how their classes have been going, as well as other conversation topics.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would take out her binder, finding the worksheets she had printed for today’s lesson on factorising quadratics.

/me would write out a few examples on the topic for the students to copy into their notebooks.

/me would sit in her chair patiently whilst the students worked, keeping an eye on them to ensure everyone was indeed working.

/me would attend the student who raised their hand to see what they needed and provide them appropriate assistance.

/me would go to each table individually, collecting the exam papers, checking that each one had been signed with the student’s name, before moving onto the next table.

Backstory

Madeline “Maddie” H. Lazzaro was born into a French Family, in the beautiful city of Marseilles, France. Her family consisted of her parents, her two brothers and herself- since they were a small family, they were quite tight-knit and spent a lot of time together. Without a doubt, the bonding between Maddie and her brothers was quite strong and apparent. They would spend hours each day playing traditional French games, running around, creating a noisy yet playful atmosphere in the house.

Maddie and one of her brothers Marcel were born twins, so they had a special bond from birth. Maddie was clearly the more academic twin, whereas Marcel was the more sporty and athletic one. Together, they had both the brains and physique. During their school years, their parents were quite busy working - her mother was a college Mathematics teacher, and her father was a banker. The family had a very strong background in the subject of maths, since both parents were in the mathematics field- this was passed onto their children, especially Maddie since she was a natural at the subject.

Maddie was always an outgoing and talkative child, she always participated in class, was a hard-worker and determined to make the most of her studies. From a young age, she had known that she wanted to be a Maths teacher since her mother was also one, which interested her even more. Maddie was fascinated about how you can use several formulas, combine them, manipulate them to achieve a desired value, how you can use graphs and diagrams to explain correlations, etc. Maths was a subject she thoroughly enjoyed, and wanted to help others enjoy and understand it as well.

In high school, she was given the opportunity to visit South Africa and attend school there for 1 term. She was really intrigued by this and her parents decided to let her go and experience this fascinating opportunity. Studying there for a term really opened her eyes to the reality of education in other countries, and how luck she was to have access to good quality education. Over there, she realised that there was a severe lack of girls who were getting educated, and this really upset her since she found it extremely unfair. Girls were supposed to stay at home with their mothers, learning how to cook and clean, whilst the men of the house were out working or studying.

Maddie wanted to change this, so in a couple years, after completing her degree in Mathematics, she went back to South Africa, to the very same school she had attended that one time, and formed a special class of all girls. She wanted to be an inspiration for these young females, to show them that they can also get educated and grow to become someone they want to be, that they also have the rights to these opportunities.

She wanted to share her knowledge and passion elsewhere too, so after having completed a couple 2 years in South Africa, she started searching for a permanent teaching job elsewhere. After some thorough research, she decided that Karakura was the best place for her to be: she immediately fell in love with the Japanese culture, the food, the people, the school system.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Madeline “Maddie” H. Lazzaro

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Given Name(s): Madeline

Preferred Name: Miss Lazzaro

Religious Denomination: Atheist

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: French

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 3

Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s in Mathematics

Year of Graduation: 2016

Major(s): Mathematics

Minors: Economics

Native Languages: English/Japanese

Other Languages: Italian, French

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, I do not.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Mathematics

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Maths Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teacher applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.​

Users who are viewing this thread