mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Medical Suggestions

IGN: EvanThePope
DATE: 03/21/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Several changes to the medical system as a whole. I believe that roles outside of EMS services should be allowed to perform makeshift surgeries should they have the right qualifications, sort of how the languages in the game work, you'd have to be approved for this. For example, the character I was playing was raised by a nurse and spent a lot of his childhood inside of a hospital alongside her. It's not unreasonable to think that between methods taught by his mother and his own curiosity in the hospital would lead him to pursue the field and figure out basic skills like stitching and casting, even without the degree behind it. Not to mention, many schools even offer classes teaching how to administer first aid and what you can do to help in emergencies. A high school or college student is not incapable of these things, so I feel like with the right role, we should be able to help too. Now, this leads to a few questions, like why would EMS even be needed then? Well, because makeshift surgery is just that, makeshift. First aid kits and the like don't have the machinery to help cure every ailment, if someone's throat is sliced, stitching it isn't exactly gonna help much. Not to mention, many injuries like concussions can't be treated with a scalpel and would require medicine to actually help, medicine that civilians don't have access to. It wouldn't make the EMS useless, it would just make the average civilian less so. That's my first suggestion, a role for a first aid certified person. That leads to my next suggestion. The first aid kit is an actual item in the server as of right now, but is restricted to the EMS... but why? First Aid Kits are something that can be bought over the counter, many places carry them and many homes I've seen have supplies around to help if someone gets injured. Why is Aspirin a prescription drug when we all know it as something we keep in our house for headaches? Why are things that could be accessible to the average civilian simply not? My suggestion is essentially to just add something so that we can help our friends and loved ones when the EMS just ain't an option.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
So I've noticed a lot of people on this forum really despise GangRP... So what if it had something that didn't make it just all senseless violence and throat-slitting? This would add a whole other level of player that could join these gangs and actually do good instead of killing one another dead. Now, you might ask, why not just take them to the EMS then? Well, aside from the roleplay opportunities that would come from my suggestions, what happens when someone involved in a fight goes to the hospital? The police are called, the person is interviewed, people who shouldn't have to be involved get involved. This just creates an endless cycle of people getting stabbed, spilling the beans on who stabbed them, and them getting stabbed again as soon as they walk out of the hospital for snitching. It doesn't make sense for someone who just got a minor stab wound in a gang fight to go to the hospital when someone they know more personally could patch them up. This would allow players to do good for once, something that seems to not be encouraged in the server I feel sometimes. Let the average civilian try to make a difference and not just watch the town of Karakura succumb to a deeper and deeper pit of gang violence and murders.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Yes, letting players be able to preform basic medical care if they are qualified would be a good idea, and it would give something for EMS to do (train people and certify them). But it should stay at that.

Giving people the ability to do surgeries and complicated medical work is a big fat no, gangs will just avoid the hospital completely and exploit the hell out of it

Maysi

Level 8
Maysi
Maysi
Fundraiser+
+1 for being able to perform basic treatment or more depending on the character and their knowledge

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
Im not for like, the casting part, but i mean, if you can sew, cant you put stitches on someone, or perhaps make a sort of split? maybe even pop joints back into place, help realign someones broken nose? CPR?? I know that i had to take a class on cpr in middle school and they taught us how to do it, so its resonable that some people should know cpr n shit.
+1 on the VERY Simple medical stuff, nothing big like casting, surguries, etc.

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+

This is what EMS is for, your defeating the purpose of the job, also this will be heavily abused in Gangrp in my eyes. Only if your character is ACTUALLY related to a real player then I would say fine, but if your making up a character who does not exist with the actual role then I do not think this is a good idea at all.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I just woke up and don't feel like typing a whole paragraph so just what the other people said I don't know...

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
very very very BASIC first aid sure (LIKE EXTREMELY BASIC)

but not actual procedures in the street bruh, paramedics dont do that shit it waits until the hospital because the streets are not sterile!!!!!!! go to the hospital Please.........................

HoneycombHavoc

Level 1
Yes, letting players be able to preform basic medical care if they are qualified would be a good idea, and it would give something for EMS to do (train people and certify them). But it should stay at that.

Giving people the ability to do surgeries and complicated medical work is a big fat no, gangs will just avoid the hospital completely and exploit the hell out of it

That's kinda what I was gearing for anyway though, if ya don't mind me saying. The average person isn't going to have the equipment, the medicine, or the expertise to know how to do a LOT of medical operations, but some of the things I mentioned like splinting, digging out glass/bullets from wounds, stitching is all something that somebody could be capable of with a little training. That being said, I will admit, it does sound like gangs would abuse it but here's the counterpoint I make. Gangs as they are right now are just roughing people up. Why not allow people to do something else that would make GangRP less boring and obnoxious to people as right now it's JUST CombatRP. Maybe casting was a bit far, you're right, so hopefully I cleared it up. I appreciate the response!

HoneycombHavoc

Level 1
Already said what I think about that in the emergancy chat
I appreciate the response here as well! But I feel like I was being too hyperbolic when I said what I kinda wanted the role to be capable of. I don't wanna render EMS useless, not at all, that was never my intention. So like I mentioned previously, some basic things I wanted were stitching, splinting, and removing foreign objects from wounds. Something most people could be capable of with the classes I mentioned. Other things though, the average person would not have the expertise, equipment, or medicine to handle, which I believe you mentioned yourself. Maybe not casting, maybe that was a bit overzealous of me, I can definitely see that, so the response is definitely appreciated.

HoneycombHavoc

Level 1

This is what EMS is for, your defeating the purpose of the job, also this will be heavily abused in Gangrp in my eyes. Only if your character is ACTUALLY related to a real player then I would say fine, but if your making up a character who does not exist with the actual role then I do not think this is a good idea at all.
This is one concern I can see for sure, GangRP would be changed a lot if some wounds could be self-contained but, maybe that's not a bad thing? Like I said, a lot of people hate GangRP because it's just CombatRP or LOOC arguing over perms. So why not add something to add to it. Have something added that would take it from just the fighting that it currently is and add another layer of depth and thinking to it. Like I said, I don't want that many things able to be done by a Non-EMS, but basic healthcare by a civilian could add a lot to the game, not because I want GangRP to get even worse, I swear, but because it adds roleplay opportunities, more depth to a problem people mention all the time, and a sense of realism to the game. As for getting the role, something would have to be balanced to get it, for sure, I can agree.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
NEUTRAL / -0.5

What you are suggesting is already possible. Basic MedicalRP is able to be used by ANY player on the server, meaning they can apply pressure to a wound or wrap a bandage around it to keep it steady until they are able to get to the hospital. Obviously, you can't dig a bullet or glass out of a wound or stitch it up yourself and so on.

If you have a small cut on your hand? You don't have to go to the Hospital, slap a plaster on it. It's possible. However, when it comes to digging bullets and glass out of wounds? No way, the hospital has to do it. Otherwise, being honest here, gang members would make up a backstory stating that their character knows medicine from a parent and start digging out bullets from their gang members' legs or so on to avoid the police.

You can also avoid police officers when it comes to being interrogated over your wound. It's simple to lie about how it happened or fall silent as if in fear, therefore no information is given. You just have to think about what your character would prioritize when being interrogated by the police officers after treatment.

HoneycombHavoc

Level 1
NEUTRAL / -0.5

What you are suggesting is already possible. Basic MedicalRP is able to be used by ANY player on the server, meaning they can apply pressure to a wound or wrap a bandage around it to keep it steady until they are able to get to the hospital. Obviously, you can't dig a bullet or glass out of a wound or stitch it up yourself and so on.

If you have a small cut on your hand? You don't have to go to the Hospital, slap a plaster on it. It's possible. However, when it comes to digging bullets and glass out of wounds? No way, the hospital has to do it. Otherwise, being honest here, gang members would make up a backstory stating that their character knows medicine from a parent and start digging out bullets from their gang members' legs or so on to avoid the police.

You can also avoid police officers when it comes to being interrogated over your wound. It's simple to lie about how it happened or fall silent as if in fear, therefore no information is given. You just have to think about what your character would prioritize when being interrogated by the police officers after treatment.
That's a concern a lot of people have mentioned is the abuse that would come with it... So what if it actually had to be learned in-game? Akin to the in-person exams that have to be done to move on to college. That would add a barrier that would prevent anybody from making up a backstory about how they were raised by a nurse, like well, mine, hahahaha. As for lying to police, that's something that works in theory, but if you have a stab wound or a bullet lodged in your chest, it would make sense for the Police to heavily doubt you. Additional barriers could be like no one with a criminal history could attend the class, only a certain number of certified people, etc. Anything to make sure it wouldn't be overused and the server be oversaturated with amateur doctors.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
That's a concern a lot of people have mentioned is the abuse that would come with it... So what if it actually had to be learned in-game? Akin to the in-person exams that have to be done to move on to college. That would add a barrier that would prevent anybody from making up a backstory about how they were raised by a nurse, like well, mine, hahahaha. As for lying to police, that's something that works in theory, but if you have a stab wound or a bullet lodged in your chest, it would make sense for the Police to heavily doubt you. Additional barriers could be like no one with a criminal history could attend the class, only a certain number of certified people, etc. Anything to make sure it wouldn't be overused and the server be oversaturated with amateur doctors.

Personally, I have to say that the current limits of what you can do with medicalRP is fine and adding multiple systems to learn it and so on will only make it more and more confusing for players to understand. It is also not monitorable when it comes to making classes.

Lizalopod

Level 130
That's kinda what I was gearing for anyway though, if ya don't mind me saying. The average person isn't going to have the equipment, the medicine, or the expertise to know how to do a LOT of medical operations, but some of the things I mentioned like splinting, digging out glass/bullets from wounds, stitching is all something that somebody could be capable of with a little training. That being said, I will admit, it does sound like gangs would abuse it but here's the counterpoint I make. Gangs as they are right now are just roughing people up. Why not allow people to do something else that would make GangRP less boring and obnoxious to people as right now it's JUST CombatRP. Maybe casting was a bit far, you're right, so hopefully I cleared it up. I appreciate the response!
It will simply be heavily exploited. Gangrpers don't really care about having actually decent roleplay and all that, they only really care about getting permissions and killing people. If you give them a way to avoid the hospital and give their own members health care it'll just spawn a myriad of abuse and failrp instances.

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
Neutral / -1

(I wont go into much detail as my main opinion has been stated by 6Panda) We are, as stated above, already able to do very simple things like bandage a wound until a professional can look at it or treat minor cuts such as a paper cut or a small enough cut. However anything more requires EMS. And as people have stated again above, it would just create more chaos in the end for gangs avoiding police and such. While I myself dont clearly understand some of the restrictions like Aspirin and us not able to have a kind of first aid kit ourselves we can buy (ofc a LOT more simple than the one EMS carries) we can however itemRP have some sort of container we keep small things like bandages in.

to clear up anything please reference 6panda's comments. if still confused tell me and ill try to clear it up -w-'

Users who are viewing this thread