players online

Pending Mewmis Event Team Application

Mewmis

Level 1
Mewmis || Event Team Application

What is your Minecraft Username:
Mewmis

Describe your activity as a player of the server:
I would say my activity is rather moderate! I am a student so I can only be online for a few hours at a time during the weekdays, usually varying from 3-4. Very rarely, I skip some days. I am someone who struggles with fatigue so I may be absent sometimes during weekdays from doing school! However, other than that I am pretty consistent with coming on! During the weekends you may notice a huge jump in my activity as I am on for around 10 hours a day. I am NOT a busy person..

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:
N/A
This will be a first! I have another one I am currently working on at the moment so you will have to probably wait.

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone:
Mewmis, I do have a microphone! I love to VC and can be pretty social so it won't be a problem.

What is your time zone?:
CST!
Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?
Yes, I am aware!
What is your motivation for joining the Event Team:
To start, I would like to say that I wholeheartedly love event planning. It is one of my favorite things and I would like to share my ideas with people who enjoy it just as much! Let's go a little more into depth about my true motivation. I started SRP a little less than a year ago, with no true intention of becoming a member willing to participate in helping, rather than just interested in joining in on the joy of the roleplay side of things. This was what I thought for the first few months until later, when I started attending events. Whether they were planned in the servers discord or just planned as a quick server thing, they were all very fun! I enjoyed getting to sit and watch as people would either perform or just have booths set up for people to mess around with as they roleplayed and talked with their friends. I think that seeing the way that people all went about these super fun and exciting events is what made me want to take part in something like this, wanting to influence people the way that I was. I may not have a lot of experience with server event planning, but I do have experience with planning events OOC and IC. A good example of IC would be me planning a birthday party for a friend. Through planning this, I made sure that everyone would be free and that it would be a good time for everyone to join and enjoy the party. I was able to assign roles to certain people such as bringing something fun that everyone can enjoy or providing food for our characters to eat. This is small but it was still very fun to plan! An OOC example is planning a party. For one of my birthday parties, I had a murder mystery party. I was in charge of planning everything including, decorations, free days, and food that would be served there. I had pulled everything together, amused by my work. Once again though, these are rather small and I do recognize that they are different compared to planning an event in SRP. Somehow though, the one thing I enjoyed about these two events the most was being able to see all my progress and final result come together. Watching everyone enjoy themselves and have a good time was what mattered to me. I was able to put a smile on the face of people I am close to and I hope I am able to do the same for strangers that happen to play the same game as me.

What makes you a suitable event team member:
I feel that something that makes me stand out is my optimism for any situation. Depending on if there is a bad or positive impact of things, I feel I tend to stay positive and reasonable through both environments. Like I said, the examples I had stated before are rather different than what the event team has to occasionally deal with when planning but nevertheless, it is still an event. What I personally do feel makes me a suitable member would be the way I am easy to work with. I am extremely open to hearing people out and love hearing what the ideas of others are. I am someone who has really open ears and even if I disagree with someone, I am able to work it around with them while still being rational and open minded. I have very little skill but I am someone who is known for picking things up super quickly. Sometimes I am also told that I am dedicated to my work which I do believe is true. I can spend hours thinking of something and taking my time, making sure that it is the best that it can be. Adding onto this, I am also someone with a free schedule. I won't say that it is very flexible as I do live under my parents instructions and what they feel like doing and, like stated before, I am a student. This can cause some problems but most of the time I am very open when it comes to clearing up a schedule for things!
Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:

Add a little bit of body text - .png
Disaster FALLS!
#1 Natural Disaster Event
Event type - Flash event

[EVENT] The streets of Karakura are bustling with laughter, the excitement of the summer months finally approaching. As laughter and screams of joy fill the air, today is deemed to be a good day. . right? A subtle tremor, hardly noticeable, sent whispers through the city. Birds fled in a panic, their frantic calls being sent as a warning. As Karakura started to fall silent, a violent awakening shook the earth beneath the feet of citizens. As the people of Karakura began to erupt in panic and fear, it was only a matter of time before the dangers of this natural disaster finally take action.

BACKGROUND
As stated above, this event is a flash event. For the general breakdown of this event, there will be a sudden earthquake that shakes the city of Karakura. During this, players are prone to being hurt, tripping and falling as they run or even having something heavy collapse on them. As the city erupts in havoc, EMS are heavily encouraged to rush to the aid of anyone in need. During this, there should be certain things that fall such as lampposts and trees. Once the earthquake settles, KPD should quickly rush to aid those who are injured, along with EMS. People who look to be troubled should be accessed to and helped.

WHY?
Japan overgoes a lot of natural disasters IRL and I feel that they aren’t really represented in the game. I understand that the staff team is very limited to what they can and can’t do, after all this is Minecraft, but Japan goes through earthquakes almost every month. I feel that if you are able to correctly plan this out and go about, this is an event that will be quite fun for many. I have only been in this game for around a year and I am not yet sure if there had happened to be an earthquake in this game but even if so, then let’s bring one back as it has been a good while.
RESOURCES
With this event, I mentioned that there should be certain items that have fallen. I’d find it pretty fun if there was a lamppost just laying on the street, blocking the roads or if someone were to walk into a park and there would be a tree possibly crushing the playground. It’d add onto it if a nauseous effect would be added onto players at certain times and with this, possible slowness. I think that this could be a really fun event if it was just handled properly.

Add a little bit of body text -  (1).png
A Yūrei’s Revenge
#2 fall event
Event type - Flash event

[EVENT] As October is approaching, a translucent blanket of fog covers the Ochiba Forest. The eerie light shining from the full moon above causes people to be more aware when walking throughout the streets. Who knows what will happen in these conditions? You began to hear screams and shouts of terror coming from the forest. As curiosity consumes you, you begin to venture deep into the woods, no time to look back. As all of this is happening, you notice a man in the middle of the woods near the bear cave, a fire lighting the area up. Seems to be where all the shrieks of horror are coming from.. As a crowd forms around this elder, you seem to notice how the man's mood seems off. He would slur his words and shake frantically, a look of disbelief in his eyes as his face was as white as a ghost. He’d tell the bunch of people about how he saw a ghost, the shadow walking with him. With this being October, it must obviously be a prank, right? As the man goes on about his sightings, the fire blows out. The man starts screaming as he runs away, fleeing from the scene. You get a cold shiver running down your spine, a feeling that there are more souls than what there appears to be. Ghosts start to emerge from the cave, immediately attacking people for ‘revenge’.

BACKGROUND
I genuinely like the idea of haunted parts of Karakura, especially when they are included in events. I am sure that many people can agree with me on this too. While this event is happening, players are, once again, prone to injury. The ‘ghosts’ or ‘spirits’ are able to attack players, causing them to become hurt throughout the forest. KPD is called by someone and rushes to the forest to see what all the commotion is about. As they go deeper into the woods, they are met with fallen players here and there. KPD is also prone to injury during this so it is best to be careful! Injuries on characters should be kept to a limit as the goal of the event is not to kill characters but to be fun and festive in the fall months. Of course, there should be a motive as to why the ghosts attack the people invading their forest.

WHY?
Halloween themed events are fun to do in general and are usually a very fun thing for players in the game. As people are getting into the haunted vibe, so should the server! This is an event that can get a bit more factions of the server involved. The emergency faction should be there to aid people while the staff of the server could be there to act as said ‘ghosts’. Another thing that I believe this can impact is lore. The cave is already pretty eerie as some know from exploring it and with the ghosts coming from the area, it can explain some parts of the cave and why it is haunted. Now this kind of brings the question of, “Why do the ghosts attack now out of all times?” I think the best explanation for this would be that they only appear once every hundreds of years. This is something entirely up for the lore team to decide though! I also think that with all of this, the spirits should be able to whisper, inaudibly, in players ears. An example of what they are saying could be them screaming for revenge of some sort.

RESOURCES
With this, we should have staff and event members that act as the spirits and one as the elder. There isn’t a lot to this event and I guess what you can really rely on most is the staff acting. There should be event messages every here and there to alert players of what is going on during this. I think that this is an event that would do well!

Add a little bit of body text - Presentation - Google Chrome 4_12_2024 6_06_10 PM.png
Karakon
#3 cosplay event
Event type - planned

[EVENT] Karakura has been feeling a little gloomy recently as summer is slowly approaching. I think it’s time for a change! Let’s spice things up this season by giving the people something cool and interactive!! Like..a cosplay festival?!

BACKGROUND
Now, let’s dive a little deeper into the concept of a cosplay festival and the steps that we need to take to get there. First off, this is an event for all ages, 13+. The idea of the event is to bring people together and dress up as your favorite characters from a movie, show, or anime that you like! The setting of this event would be in the heart of the Shopping District. Here, guests can be met with a variety of booths that are filled with snacks, props/toys, and even some drinks for those above age! The shopping district can be decorated with plenty to set the mood such as stringed lights, lanterns, a stage, and a photobooth. With this being said, there should obviously be a twist added! A cosplay event is not a cosplay event without some of THE greatest idols! There should be an area set up for people to meet voice actors, actors, cosplayers, and even some of their favorite idols! There should be an arrangement for some of the best idols to perform at said event. Also with this, cosplayers can feel free to come up on stage and compete in a cosplay contest! Whoever wins will get to have an exclusive picture with someone of their choice!

WHY?
I honestly believe that this event would serve as a good event for fun. The idea of a cosplay event is something that will be super fun, especially with the activities that there are to offer. Cosplaying is a well known thing in Japan and ESPECIALLY in Karakura. There are usually people seen walking around as characters that are from a wide variety of anime, TV shows, or even just wearing costumes to match with friends, teammates, or classmates. Why not put it to use at an event directed towards these people? We also all know about the idols that put in lovely work in their jobs and I think it’d be a great opportunity to take this kind of event as one for fans and idols that are looking to expand their fan base. There is not much I can really say about this event but the idea is certainly one that I, as well as many others, would enjoy!

RESOURCES
Well, for starters we should probably get some people from Hoshino Prod to pitch in for idols, actors, and possibly voice actors, and our said cosplayers. We can set up for 1-2 shows to be performed before our big cosplay comp. We can have judges that sit below the stage, watching our competitors as well as an announcer that will introduce the people as they come out. This will obviously have to be arranged with the event team and others. We can set up a W2G for people to listen to after the main events and just chill out as they socialize!

Additional notes (You may leave this blank):

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Pending
Thank you for your application, your application will be reviewed when new slots are available.

Users who are viewing this thread