Community Team
Event Team
MinisterFudge
MinisterFudge
Notable
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: MinisterFudge

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): crystallizedgene

What is your time zone?: Unless I'm mistaken, AEDT (GMT+11:00)

Describe your activity on the server: I am very active on the serving, getting on basically every second or third day for a couple of hours. I do not join on Thursdays due to university commitments.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Banned once for 13 days (or perhaps more, I do not have the precise number) in early September 2023 for ‘continuously’ bringing up topics in my characters' backstories and in roleplay that were not appropriate. I believe the specific rule would fall under 2.7, specifically under the ‘extremist part’. I understand (based on not being corrected) that it related to the discussion of anti-government ideologies, basically taking the sentiment much too far. I regret this ‘continuous’ behavior, particularly because it was ‘continuous’ behavior and could've been stopped.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I do.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Caretaker

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Caretakers are responsible for maintaining the premises of Karakura’s High School/College, including, for example, certain areas students can not enter such as the boiler room. They are also expected to generally build a good rapport with students as they may often be called upon to resolve fights or conflicts between them. The faculty may also call on them for this purpose (of helping resolve matters relating to students involved in fights, etc.) and for the purpose of using their intercom permissions as they represent the school as a whole, not just the high school or college in particular.

Their main role involves, as the name implies, tending to the premises of the school, maintaining its equipment, and ensuring the safety of students. A useful distinction could be made between the 'care' of objects, and the actual premises of the school in contrast to the 'care' of students, their safety, and welfare.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have had some experience with GangRP (Anarchy). This has involved meetings, building rapport with other members ICly and OOCly, and learning more about the rules vis-a-vis combat and crime. Outside of this, it should be noted both my characters are Grade 12. One being a gang member with the other being a Nun, the latter being much more warmly received in my experience. She generally spends her time engaging in prayer and befriending anyone in need of a friend.
Outside of SRP, I was involved in making server events on a now-defunct Garry’s Mod game mode: HogwartsRP, which similarly involved a school environment.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
Honestly, it’s because of my second character The 18 year old Nun. As I mentioned, her character is just a very caring individual and is warmly received for that purpose: but being a student she can not build rapport in the same way a school employee can, much less quell conflict in quite the same way. I would very much value the caretaker role for this purpose.

I remember in my (OOC) high school we had a caretaker/janitor who was present on the day of a particular school assembly where all the teachers and so forth were being called upon to receive awards. I vividly remember that when the time came for him to be called upon and receive his award the entire student body met him with rapturous and enthusiastic applause that none of the other teachers got. Very charming guy with a beard. This all left a lasting impression in my memory banks. I am applying because I would quite enjoy building that level of goodwill with this role and the character contained in this application.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
Grade 12. No other roles across any accounts.
────────────

Situations

During a work shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
My character would, being an adult and in lieu of her background: not take this personally. However, there would be a visible disappointment on her face and a physical move back at the curse. She would, of course, follow the proper disciplinary protocols in this situation, not wanting to overstep whatever authority she has… but GENERALLY speaking, she would probably begin by asking very poignant and direct questions like: “You don’t really mean that, do you?” or “Do you speak that way with others here, or is it just me that has hurt you so?”. Effectively, she’d make an effort to not only correct but empathize and try to understand why the student is cursing at her in the first place before moving on appropriately (e.g. continuous cursing may result in emotive pleas to stop, referral, whatever is appropriate, etc.).

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Immediately there would be highly emotive pleas for the violence to end as she detests violence. Should this not suffice, she would respond to the fact there is a need for a more physical intervention as appropriate in the circumstances (whether that be using the radio provided to faculty to call for further help or, if the situation specifically permits her own intervention: intervening). Understandably, in lieu of her background, she will often call on students, albeit in a very secular way: to show mercy, be good to those who persecute them, be the bigger person, etc. That is to say, she would not simply say something like ‘Let her go’, but ‘Please release her immediately, have mercy! Do not harden your heart!’. None of these are intended to elicit a fear response in the students involved. She may even ask the students, particularly if they are already acquainted with her, to stop for her own sake because it'd break her heart to see either student hurt.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Very similar to the latter situation, but probably more intense as, being a school employee, it is more likely she has a personal friendship/relationship with the person, and stopping short of that: at least a business/working relationship. In lieu of these facts, she would likely be minded to make an extremely emotive plea for the employee to stop because it would ‘break her heart’ to see any harm befall them. She would practically beg and beseech the person to return to her and stop whatever it is they are doing. Should this not work, she may even resort to recalling some old adage from Psalms that she picked up from her childhood: about the need for the employee to be a prudent person because the prudent and wise carefully consider their steps, are cautious and avoid danger; whereas fools are reckless in their confidence. All of this wisdom/emotion failing, she would probably be left with no other choice than to awkwardly report the incident as appropriate and with a heavy heart.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Given the break room is a fairly private place, she would feel comfortable praying quietly to herself in there. But, when it comes to interacting with her colleagues, her interactions typically involve asking them about their day and generally bringing a cheerful and benevolent attitude to any conversation she participates in. Always attentive, she may remember certain earlier conversations or struggles the other employees have spoken to her about in confidence, and, in a similar fashion, check in on that struggle (or whatever the case may be) in confidence. Being easy to talk to is a virtue, and Elodie does her best to work on it at all times.

She never gossips about the students, because, in her view, it is not her place to judge but only to do her best to subtly instill virtue and build good character. As a consequence, gossiping or the general looking down upon students behind closed doors, even where they have misbehaved, is likely to make her uncomfortable as she is quick to empathize with virtually everyone. Depending on the severity, she may even cry. But such instances are so rare as her colleagues do not speak ill of students; more often than not she enjoys inviting some of her colleagues to sing songs that they both know. She does so out of a belief singing is good for the soul, but when asked why she invites people to sing whenever she can: the answer she will give is simply that she enjoys bearing witness to people's beautiful voices and talents.

Her faith in the students of Karakura is immeasurable; a trait that is undoubtedly met with a different reception depending on who you ask. She will often speak very highly of particular students and enjoys talking about their good deeds, as well as current events within the school generally.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst in your chosen role:
Context: Elodie, the character, is in the break room and some other faculty members (let’s just say Ben and Jerry) enter
/me Would suddenly stop humming the song ’He's Got The Whole World In His Hands’ as Ben and Jerry enter the room, staring straight at them. Her face would appear bright red as she bashfully makes a start towards the refreshments. Grabbing three coffee cups and placing them down in a rush, she'd move quickly to scrub the bench and apologetically offer a satchel of instant coffee to Ben and Jerry.

Context: Elodie is struggling to carry her tools into the Boiler Room and is accompanied by a student who has volunteered to help. We’ll call him Casper.
/me Approaching the door, she would stumble around for her keys, dropping them to the floor clumsily. She would frantically scoop them back up again before flicking through her keys like a malfunctioning windmill. Finally locating it to the correct one, she would use it to practically impale the door and hurriedly enter the room. She would appear to be struggling to carry all her supplies in addition to her broom which would constantly slip from her grasp to the floor. Looking towards Casper her face is filled with shame, looking down at the broom.

Context: Elodie is performing a routine mop of the Girl’s Bathroom with other students present.
/me Her mop would slosh around her bucket before starting to wipe away at the grime on the floor, now soaked in somewhat nauseating chemicals. She would lean back to wipe the sweat from her brow before suddenly losing her balance and slipping onto the floor. Avoiding the gaze of the nearby students, she would reach for her mop to regain her composure. Her mopping resumed, though now with wincing from both embarrassment and pain.

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only): Elodie Keating
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Preferred Name: Elodie

Age (Minimum is 25): 25

Academic Degree: Bachelor in Engineering; Bachelor in Theology.
Major(s): Environmental Engineering, Sacramental Theology and Liturgy
Minors: Computer Science, Study of Religions

Nationality: British
Known Languages: Japanese, English, Latin.

Backstory
Elodie grew up in a Catholic household in Leeds, England. Her childhood was extremely idyllic, with her parents doting over her at every opportunity and teaching her to be compassionate for all of God’s people and creatures. However, her large heart often made her the subject of ridicule in local schools given her predisposition for singing: which would probably not attract ridicule were it not for the fact she’d often sing alone with animals. Even today she can often be caught singing to herself.
She quickly learned in her high-school years that it does not bode well to respond to bullies by, instead of ignoring or reporting them, expressing open concern for their immortal souls. As a consequence, Elodie has learned to keep her religiosity rather private. A characteristic that has since made her much easier to befriend.

She felt a call to religious life at the age of 18 and is a former novitiate of the Franciscan Sisters Of The Renewal based in the heart of Leeds where the average age of her fellow Sisters was, and still is, 30. She joined particularly young, but never took her vows. During her time at the convent, she was able to begin university studies at age 19 with the help of The Church. She studied engineering and theology, going on to become responsible for the maintenance of many projects pioneered by the Church requiring the use of her environmental engineering skills, performing repairs on solar panels and windmills which often resulted in her traveling long journeys. At the convent, her engineering prowess was seen as particularly useful, with her duties mostly involving tending to the gardens, plumbing, and I.T. issues within the convent. Her happiest moments during her life at the convent involved trips to the nearby Catholic school where she would interact with the students and speak to her vocation, teaching students about the lives of sisters within the convent and participating in interfaith dialogue. The students were always very friendly and kind to one another, reminding her somewhat of her own childhood where she treated others with that same openness.

She would inevitably leave the convent, however, due to theological differences and found herself relocating to Karakura, Japan. This was with the assistance of her extended family situated there. Though a religious minority, her effervescent and clumsy personality has proven beguiling enough for the locals to consider her a great friend. Her employment history in Karakura has mainly involved providing childcare and pastoral services, with her personal life involving frequent visits to the Karakura Church. She has since entered into a new religious community/order of Nuns and has taken vows. The order in question has no issue with her having a professional life.

Motivation for Joining KHS: I am very pleased to be able to tell all who ask that I am capable and prepared to act as a bulwark for the students of Karakura. Nobody should be afraid at their place of learning. Students deserve to learn in an environment that is clean and well-maintained. My extensive experience maintaining a convent and involvement with projects that had complex needs regarding plumbing and electrical maintenance make me suitable for the role. It is incredibly important that our young people are surrounded by people who have faith in them and will not give up on them. The reasons for this are, I believe, self-evident and require no further elaboration. Our children too often are alienated from one another, resulting in hideous conflict. Moreover, too often students at Karakura find themselves arrested outside our school gates, bringing deep shame to our community and, more importantly, to the students themselves. Should they not instead be our hope for the future? It is my hope that my presence at Karakura will involve me building rapport with students. I want to have a positive effect, however subtle that may be. It is, in my experience, the little things that make a big difference.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate:
To an extent, yes. As part of my novitiate duties at the convent, I had to attend a Catholic High School in the capacity of a guest to give guest lectures and speak to students on a range of theological matters. I also had the opportunity to earn money this way by helping with school projects: mainly gardening projects. I did not act as a janitor or attend to the school’s plumbing issues as I had my hands full with similar matters at the convent. I am but one person, and, tragically, we can only dream of omnipresence.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

The main reason I feel confident enough to apply at all is the fact that, besides meeting all the more formal requirements (i.e. knowing about plumbing, electricals, etc.) I have a history of developing a good rapport in lieu of my upbringing. Personally, I think it is this which is vital for students at Karakura. I could spill much ink over the importance of young people having positive role models, that have their best interests at heart and hope to instill virtue. I like to think I am capable of all of this, not because I am prideful, but because of my experience in having done so before in a manner that is non-dogmatic and would be amenable to the Karakura intelligentsia.

────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
I put Latin in the languages section because I was uncertain: I do not know if the character who would be subsumed upon acceptance of this application would still be able to speak Latin. That is, I do not know if it transfers over but I figured it’d be nice to include. So, full disclosure/disclaimer there.

I deliberately made the character as young as possible, and coming from a convent where the average age is quite young ... because I think it contrasts nicely with her life experience that is, as above, dramatically different from the college students with whom she would be working in close proximity to; notwithstanding the fact she would not be much older than them. I mention this fact because I am under the impression there is a preference for characters, generally, to be older. Perhaps I am overthinking it, but I figured it warranted some explaining.

To disqualify any doubt: this character is not seeking to indoctrinate anyone into practicing/believing another religion. It may feel out of pocket to come out and say this here; nothing in the application even suggests that. But I felt the need to add this in to disqualify doubt in case a reader is, for whatever reason, put under that impression.

Do you have any questions?:
No

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your application, however after careful consideration and discussing this application with the current department, I have decided to decline it.

* Got a question about your application? Click here.

Users who are viewing this thread