minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
IGN: minustempo
DATE: 20/08/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
/record resets after a period of time, or can be reset.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I don't think anyone enjoys just randomly being told they have one more detention left before they get suspended, for me, (my example) I recently joined the football team and started jockrping, in jockrp you get alot of detentions if people decide to snitch, etcetera, but detentions i've had from months back on my new character. Because of this, I can't even do half of what you're allowed to in jockrp without getting suspended and just losing my tag because of somethings my past characters have done from MONTHS back
[IMAGES IF ANY]

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral

From when I was part of the School Faculty(Teacher), we didn't look at the overall detention and only what detentions you had THAT month(as they reset every month, but we can still see your total detentions). I get that it can be a bit frustrating, but you have to make sure when you are JockRPing, you are playing it smartly so as not to get caught by a member of the school faculty. But that is my take on it.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Neutral

From when I was part of the School Faculty(Teacher), we didn't look at the overall detention and only what detentions you had THAT month(as they reset every month, but we can still see your total detentions). I get that it can be a bit frustrating, but you have to make sure when you are JockRPing, you are playing it smartly so as not to get caught by a member of the school faculty. But that is my take on it.
I see, I just made this suggestion as with my new characters first detention I was threatened with suspension because of my 'total detentions' i suppose or smth, if that's the case there's no need for changes.

Hamburger

Level 188
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Faculty are usually looking at the month's detentions, not the overall ones, so you don't really need to worry about your overall detentions because they're just there at that point... unless if maybe SLT cares about it.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Neutral

This is a valid suggestion if you have dif characters, but it seems like it would be very hard to moderate
I feel like after a good amount of months these should like,, go away, I thought that was a thing before. But because of it, I don't jockrp anymore as said above, faculty has said that they will get me suspended when my current character only ever got one detention :<

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Saying it from a faculty person perspective, I don't think it will be a good idea so much. We're looking at the detentions & suspensions because there're few people which are getting detentions everyday, and making a new char will be a way to bypass it;; the detetnions will get clear at some point because it showing only the last month; but it will be unfair at all.The people which are getting detentions everyday most of the times are trolling & doesn't want to actually RP so it is important to save it. I also believe it will be very hard to modrate it was what Gimi said.

I feel like after a good amount of months these should like,, go away, I thought that was a thing before. But because of it, I don't jockrp anymore as said above, faculty has said that they will get me suspended when my current character only ever got one detention :<
just mention it in LOOC which it was a different char.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Maybe yeah, I'd agree with that of they're rlly old

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Maybe yeah, I'd agree with that of they're rlly old
yeah, one could also search another's ign in the detention logs that faculty can see, and see the rpname it was issued to.

2/4 detentions i got were for actual things my characters did, the other 2 were when faculty gave the wrong person detention because i happened to be there at the given moment, so i took the backlash and got 2 false detentions

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Only detentions received 30 days in the past are taken into account. Just as somebody would do if they were in a situation like yours in real life, you should roleplay out being more cautious and less blatant in your delinquent / "jock" behavior, or just keep your head down until your character isn't in danger of suspension.

Even if you switch characters, it's reasonable for them to carry over / be recorded and monitored OOCly. People would undoubtedly abuse the ability to reset detentions; you would be able to approach the suspension threshold, switch characters to reset your detentions, and continue racking them up without consequence. It would be an easy form of AvoidRP, since you'd be completely dodging the consequences of your actions.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Only detentions received 30 days in the past are taken into account. Just as somebody would do if they were in a situation like yours in real life, you should roleplay out being more cautious and less blatant in your delinquent / "jock" behavior, or just keep your head down until your character isn't in danger of suspension.

Even if you switch characters, it's reasonable for them to carry over / be recorded and monitored OOCly. People would undoubtedly abuse the ability to reset detentions; you would be able to approach the suspension threshold, switch characters to reset your detentions, and continue racking them up without consequence. It would be an easy form of AvoidRP, since you'd be completely dodging the consequences of your actions.
With my experience in other forms of roleplay, I can whole-heartedly say nobody cares about receiving a detention/getting suspended while not partaking in jock / schoolrp, weird right, the server is called schoolrp and people hardly do it? When I gangrp'd schooltime was by far the most boring part of my day and so I simply didn't do anything in it. If you look at who gets detentions more recently it's mostly newer players and sometimes jock roleplayers, occasionally there's other people but that's mostly it.

'Abuse' could happen multiple ways in schoolrp, abuse happens all the time on schoolrp, you've probably witnessed abuse and I have to, it's easy to monitor who is abusing that through tippie's code for the most part. And speaking on my 'less blatantcy' on my jock behaviour, I originally made this post saying 'past characters have done from MONTHS back'. My current character, and my first jockrp character, has only done one thing to warrant him having a detention, and he's been a character for barely over a month. I would know that I haven't gotten detentions for months, because up until I got onto football I simply didn't really take part in the schoolrp side of schoolrp, as I was much more invested in the gangrp side and it took my interest. I don't think it's difficult to monitor as there's already a plugin that operates exactly like this, being the 'ID' plugin, which works based on /rpname instead of your ooc ign.

Users who are viewing this thread