mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

minustempo weapons overhaul suggestion

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1, mostly siding with @Hirathex here. Their points are great. I think each item once changed should be given a re-evaluated price depending on their abilities.

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: minustempo
DATE: 19/06/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: An overhaul/rework of the current weapons/weapon system on the server
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Would make gangrp less "katana based combat" and add fluidity, extra realism as well as overall more versatility when it comes to gangrp. This is what I'm suggesting:

Unverified:

wooden baseball bat:
Please specify how many hits it takes to cut it in half (Personally I think it's a stretch in the first place anyway, I doubt a katana would be able to cut a baseball bat in half.) Have it similar to metal bats splinters in the way when a hit is dealt with it (so it's easier for cops to collect evidence). A baseball bat typically is anywhere between 24-34 inches long but has 2 block range and as the age group increases, the length does too. Maybe a buff is required to it’s range. Additionally, two-piece bats are currently used in highschool baseball which are 29-33 inches so.

metal bat:
I feel like this is fine in my opinion, maybe blunt weapons when landed can inflict a concussion, maybe just something like a -25 or -10 to the other person's roll. Right now, there's no reason to use a blunt weapon that isn't a spiked bat or "kama" unless you just wanna have fun. Would make people use blunt weapons alot more. Look at what I said about wooden.

knuckle dusters:
This is fine, but what I say about the pocket knife and "concussion" ties into this

pocket knife:
"With its small size, it would be easy to conceal" - then why does it share the same range as the baseball bat and other weapons? I get fists are two blocks (something I disagree with) but it's six inches long and shares the same range as a weapon literally sextuple of it's inches (A baseball bat typically is anywhere between 24-34 inches long, and as the age group increases, the length does too.).

crowbar:
I think this is fine but what I said about the pocket knife ties in, it has the same range and on average is 36 inches long

hunting dagger:
This weapon is useless since it's just a more expensive pocket knife. It's not even like the fact it's almost triple the range of the normal pocket knife matters since they're both 2-block range. It's just a scam as it costs more money.

tactical knife:
This is a good weapon in my opinion, it's good because it's the closest an unverified gang member can get to buying a cleaver, while not as efficient as the cleaver given you have to knock your opponent out before it, it's still a good weapon. There are, however, things I believe should be re-adjusted surrounding the idea of the tactical knife, such as - The range, it's .5 inches bigger than the pocket knife and the price. Unverified gang members get punished for buying this because it’s just worse than a cleaver, which is much more common nowadays anyway. Sure, it can stab and kill, but I feel like the idea around this weapon was to make it primarily used for major. If you reduced the range and the price it would be more balanced to use.

Verified:

Cleaver:
Insane weapon, I love it, arguably one of the best weapons right now in gang roleplay due to the current “meta” of just running up and chopping someone’s arm off. This isn’t just to say that it’s not flawed, yet again it’s only typically 7-9 inches long but has a 2 block range. It wouldn’t change anything to have it be a one-block range as everyone runs up in someone’s face as they do it anyway.

Fireaxe:
This weapon has no use. It’s primary use is for breaking down doors but the crowbar can do it freely, it acts as a secondary option to a cleaver but since nobody buys it (no-one really hides in houses anymore) it sort of just sits in the back. I feel like I should also mention that the wooden part of a fireaxe is only JUST bigger then a wooden baseball bats (by 1 inch width wise) and it doesn’t say it can’t be cut in half (I disagree with the cut in half part in the first place anyway.) If anything, this weapon requires a buff, since it just has more popular alternatives. Maybe make it unverified and have it be the weapon that cuts polearms/wooden weapons in half instead of katanas that aren't made to do so?

Reaper:
Worse pocket knife, no range difference, no nothing. It’s 4 inches bigger (typically) which means I personally don’t think it should have a change. It’s just sort’ve bad, like all the pocket knife variants. It’s not special enough to justify it being a different weapon. I like the texture though

Sai blade:
This weapon is bad. No-one buys this weapon because no-one cares enough to disarm a katana in combat roleplay, it’s currently katana vs katana being the meta with occasional nagis being sprinkled around. Since duel wielding isn’t allowed, it’s just pretty bad. Not saying that it should be allowed as with certain combinations it would be overpowered, but a sai is fairy lightweight and according to the page, the kurikara katana is lighter then a regular katana. This would get people buying kuris and sais both more but yeah. High risk high reward, if this was to be added I’d suggest lowering the price - lower the price anyway in the first place. It’s just not a good weapon in any scenario since the katana out-ranges it and outclasses it any complete way.

Katana:
This is the current “meta” and seems fine to me. It doesn’t really need changing to be honest. One thing I’d mention is that it’s ‘60.0cm’ which is 24 inches. It’s under 10 inches shorter then the baseball bat but has a block range ontop of it.

Kurikara katana:
There is no difference between this and the katana except the katana is just cheaper. The Kurikara’s whole appeal is that it’s able to cut kamas - a weapon which is seen once every few months due to it’s incredulous price. Since the kama isn’t even in the “meta”, this weapon is obsolete as a katana does the same thing but is cheaper. It’s 70.6cm long which is 28inches, if we lowball the baseball bat’s length, it’s only 4 inches longer but has a 3 block range.

Spiked bat:
Keep this weapon the same. It’s part of the meta and we love it. Any buffs it would be overpowered, any nerfs it would become bad, even if it makes no sense.

Naginata:
Overpowered, but pricey. You rarely see a nagi but when you do you know you’re fucked. Maybe have it so people have to carry it when in possession. It’s not like they can hide a six-foot polearm in their pocket. Right now you run up with a nagi, stab from 4 block range, then run with no repercussions since you can just pocket it. They wouldn’t even see it coming literally.

Kama:
You see this weapon once every eighteen months. It’s so uncommon and pricy. It does alot of damage, yeah, but why? It doesn’t really say why a kama does so much damage to the head. Mostly now, Kama’s and naginatas are just used to make overpowered customs. If anything, this is the opposite of a bat and needs a strong nerf (Price and strength). It pulls out crops but is more effective then a metal baseball bat at knocking something out.

MISC

Fists:
Make it one-block. No-one uses /me grabs now anyway, they use /me tackles - which is something like a diving motion. Tackles can be a two block action as that’s really all fists are used for nowadays LOL.

Frying Pan:
This is fine. No-one really uses it though since it’s so rare to find one that isn't duped

Police Baton:
I feel like this should be buffed, you have to go out of your way to get mug perms on the baton, mug it, and then escape against someone with a taser and who can roll 200. It’d be different if you could take them from officer’s bodies but you can’t. Also, Batons can be anywhere from 19-31 inches long. So the range could be changed if you feel it’s adequate to buff it in such a way.

MASKS:

Plague Doctor Mask:
This is fine. No-one uses it though as like other masks it’s just bad.

Gas Mask:
This is fine. No-one uses it though as like other masks it’s just bad.

Ballistic Mask:
“Ballistic face masks are usually made of Kevlar or other bullet-resistant materials” “[ITEM IS NOT HOWEVER BULLETPROOF]”. Contradictory as hell. Since most cops just use the keybind ‘shoots twice aiming to head’ - maybe have it be able to tank a singular bullet, but not two. Wouldn’t change much as two shots are fired anyway, but if one misses then you’re not going to essentially "insta-die" or be arrested for once off of it.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Everything might not be accurate as I am A. not a master and B. currently banned.

It appears that the overall ranges for weapons are inconsistent, so I implore:

1 block range (Close-range), [It'll get the job done] 0-11 inches.
- Fists (Your fists)
- Ballistic Mask (Your head)
- Knuckle Dusters (1 inch)
- Pocket Knife (6 inches)
- Tactical Knife (6.5 inches)
- Cleaver (9 inches)
- Reaper (10 inches)
- Frying Pan (11 inches)
2 block range (Medium-range) [It works] 12-23 inches
- Sai Blade (14 inches)
- Hunting Dagger (15 inches)
- Kama (18 inches)
- Spiked Bat (23 inches)
3 block range (Long-range) [It's reliable] 23-34 inches
- Baton (24/18 inches, can be moved down to medium)
- Katana (24 inches)
- Kurikara Katana (28 inches)
- Baseball Bat (29/24 inches)
- Metal Baseball Bat (29/24 inches)
- Fireaxe (30 inches)
4 block range (Extreme-range) [It's overkill] 34 inches +
- Naginata (72 inches)

This is alot different compared to the current one and incorporates realistic lengths. The current one being:

short = 0+
medium = 24+
long = 28+

Of course this is just a suggestion though.
+1i would fully agree though abt the pk, its a 2 blocks range weapon as its the same as fists when it comes to size. So if fists are 2 blocks then bat would have to be 3 blocks which doesnt sound like smth much as its a weapon that can be taken from hand and wooden bats can be also cut though

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- Thank you for your suggestions, the current Crime Lead will be updating the Weapons Profile thread soon and will take your suggestions into consideration during the writing process.​

Users who are viewing this thread