Mobile storage

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
IGN: PolarLoLs
DATE: 2/16/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I'm suggesting the addition of a rule that restricts players from having any items on them that cannot fit in their clothes or be stored on them without having extra storage on them. For example, A player has a katana and is about to pull it out, if the player doesn't have let's say a holster or isn't currently held out in the off-hand, that would be against the rules and a warning or confiscation of the weapon by staff. If a player has an item like a pocket knife, tactical dagger, etc it could be held on them if they have a jacket or simply in their pants. A metal bat could be held in the hand or on their back. Complying with this rule would need you to carry something like a duffle bag, backpack as long as the weapon you're carrying could logically fit in it. This doesn't go for only weapons but items also, like alcohol, extra drinks, food, etc.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: When someone pulls some sort of weapon of you that wouldn't fit on them at all you're just wondering if that makes sense or not, I've been thinking about this for a few days now and this could really help some situations make a bit more sense and get some newer smaller metas and mechanics through roleplay.. i seen someone pull a whole naginata out of the air, along with that someone holding around 10 bottles of alcohol just on them while it would make no sense at all through RP unless roleplayed correctly.

Synn

Level 6
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I'm suggesting the addition of a rule that restricts players from having any items on them that cannot fit in their clothes or be stored on them without having extra storage on them. For example, A player has a katana and is about to pull it out, if the player doesn't have let's say a holster or isn't currently held out in the off-hand, that would be against the rules and a warning or confiscation of the weapon by staff. If a player has an item like a pocket knife, tactical dagger, etc it could be held on them if they have a jacket or simply in their pants. A metal bat could be held in the hand or on their back. Complying with this rule would need you to carry something like a duffle bag, backpack as long as the weapon you're carrying could logically fit in it. This doesn't go for only weapons but items also, like alcohol, extra drinks, food, etc.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: When someone pulls some sort of weapon of you that wouldn't fit on them at all you're just wondering if that makes sense or not, I've been thinking about this for a few days now and this could really help some situations make a bit more sense and get some newer smaller metas and mechanics through roleplay.. i seen someone pull a whole naginata out of the air, along with that someone holding around 10 bottles of alcohol just on them while it would make no sense at all through RP unless roleplayed correctly.
Schoolrp is realistic in most ways, not all ways.
This would not only restrictrp by causing people to only have up to around 5 medium sized items at a time (according to your post) but it’d also make rping with certain items tedious. For example to pool floaty; since you can’t walk around with a 3ft x 3ft pool floaty in your pocket you’d have to rp pulling out a deflated one and blowing it up to size.

For things like weapons and masks you can’t exactly hold most of them on your person (self) at any given time to begin with since most weapons wouldn’t fit in your pocket. Overall this is a NO from me.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
It may add realism, but it isn't fair for role-playing

Every item can't just fit in your pockets realisticly but no one cares, if it's something unrealistic that's larger than a nagi for example, which is 6' could just be realisticly filtered down ur clothes to hide it and same with all larger weps

At the same time you cannot rp having many things on u by that and it would make the server much more annoying to do things in like let's say you do not have an apartment and therefore no item storage, then you are breaking rules by having all the items on you that you use.

Overall it may be realistic but that ruins the rp and the server, full -1

Editing to add some more
With weapons, having more than 1 or 2 medium to long range on you would be unrealistic with a duffel bag or something else. icly bring a bag if ur buying from bmd and distributing them but if ur just walking around with 3 katanas and a nagi isn't fair to rp

Last edited:

Sirguiad

Level 10
Sirguiad
Sirguiad
Notable

I do understand your idea and have thought about it myself before, however, the whole inventory is already unrealistic, after all, almost every item would be too big to carry on your pockets, i've never seen someone carry a cake or a teddy bear in their pants.
Usually, i just roleplay my character as always carrying a bag with him, but even then, it's just not possible to reach the realism you're aiming for, a naginata would never fit on any backpack and if you did carry a special holster for it, it would be insanely obvious that you're carrying a naginata on you.

There are multiple examples of items being unrealistic and this just not being possible, people carry ENTIRE CARS on their inventories, so this is a no from me.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

As much as I love realism in RP, this would be way too inconvenient. Not everyone can afford an apartment, and also they're hard to come by. I personally make this make sense by rping that my character is holding a bag on him at all times, this allows me to action getting stuff from it. When the bag plugin is finished (meaning you can carry things with you in a bag item IC), I will be using that as well. Unfortunately, this just doesn't work with the small SRP map.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega

hi, anyways, what about people withhhh no where to store their things and have to keep everything in their inventory !

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich

Eh. I think it would not only be too much work, like wayyyy too much work for staff to keep looking at everyone's inventories but also like... what's the point exactly? It's not really like you roleplay with every single item in your inventory all the time.

vMadeira

Level 26
FlyRiceCakes
FlyRiceCakes
Omega
This sounds good to make it more realistic but unfortunately it would heavily impact roleplay in a not so good way most people are saying they like the idea but it would make roleplay worst and im with them.

OGMint

Level 9
ScaryBook
ScaryBook
Notable+
If this happens, I'm gonna be walking around with a massive suitcase, and to RP that everything in my inventory is in there. -_-

flowersak

Level 121
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+

While I understand you want realism, it is so hard to mediate. How are staff meant to monitor EVERY person and see what items they have on them and whether they have a backpack or not? Where does it stop? A backpack for items like alcohol but then for food, do we need to carry maybe a lunch box item to carry those around too? If backpacks worked and you could store stuff in them then I'd be more for this but you're kinda just wasting space in your inventory to have a backpack in your inventory too to have the items in.

As multiple others have said too, some people don't have a place to store their stuff and there's limited backpack items available for this. I know there's the Phrog backpack and the kirby backpack and stuff but like . . they're relatively small model size and I feel that if we used those, someone's gonna complain that the bags too small to hold the items we're 'putting' in there.

TL;DR: it's too difficult to monitor and just makes things a lot more complicated when the current system is fine.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

I will burn you alive.

Users who are viewing this thread