LoveBirdBirdie

Do you have Discord?:
Yes. My username is Birdie#7288

How old are you?:
Over 18.

What is your time zone?:
Eastern Standard Time.

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been on SRP for almost 2 years now and, as of late, I’ve been logging on to the server daily. If accepted for this role, and my daily schedule changes, I’ll be sure to seek out an admin or appropriate staff member to let them know (as well as my shop managers) of any possible changes in my activity.

Have you ever been banned:
No.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
College - Age 20.
My account has the undergraduate college role attached to it. However, I plan to graduate and assume an adult role in the next exam period, should I pass.

Shop Information

What shop are you applying for?:
Convenience Store

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:
I'd like to create more spaces on the SRP map that will improve roleplay experience while working with factors we already have. Cars and vehicles are a facet of SRP that are integrated but not particularly common. It could be argued that many people see no need to purchase an expensive item for speedy transportation when maxing out their speed attribute might be more practical. And while I would encourage players to engage in SRP as they like, I hope a rest stop with a vehicle theme will inspire players to interact with at least this one corner of SRP's many features a little bit more. Perhaps as a result, this town's large roads that cut across the map will become more populated?
Secondly, of course, I have in-game goals that I want to save up yen for, and becoming a shopkeeper is a good way to do so. But I’m sure that can be said for any user on SRP.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:
My “convenience store” styled shop, Mode Motor Stop, will be a rest stop.
I intend for this store to deliver on simple items that people are often in need of, as well as a setting that encourages roleplay opportunities.

The target demographic for Mode Motor Stop will be new players, who are looking for affordable foods (other than those found in the vending machines) and props to roleplay with, as well as players who own cars and motorcycles, but lack the opportunity to characterize themselves with them.

As seen in the images below, I’m taking inspiration for the store’s layout and purpose from popular American rest stops and gas stations such as Wawa, Sheetz, and Quick Trip.

1677560864546.png

What will you sell in your shop?:
At the checkout, customers will be able to buy general goods and items that will be listed around the store from the cashiers. Some of those items may be as follows:
- Various Umbrellas
- Flip phones and (possibly) smart phones
- Candy/Snack items, including but not limited to:
- Ice cream sandwich
- Pink Frosted Donut
- Dango
- Chocolate Pocky
- Milk Carton, Strawberry Milk, Banana Milk
- Beast energy drink
- Water bottles
- Unbranded Bandage
- Japanese Cigarette Pack
- Zippo Lighter
- Vape Pen
- Juul Vaporizer

*A small vendor within the store will sell simple food items:
- BLT
- Ramen
- Bento Box
- Onigiri
- milkshakes
- Coffee Beverages (Americano, Iced coffee)
- Hot chocolate
- Ham & Cheese sandwich

*We will also provide the service of manually filling gas tanks for players’ motorized vehicles in roleplay.

And finally, while this is not a service provided to the average customer, we would like to cycle through partnerships with other stores by offering them a temporary advertisement slot within the store.

How many employees do you plan to have?:
I would employ approximately 18 employees, excluding managers. 6 employees would work per shift.
For each shift, 2 employees will work as cashiers, handling in-store transactions. Another 2 will provide food at a small kiosk within the store. And finally, 2 employees will serve as vehicle attendants.
I plan to employ 2 or 3 managers.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
Age restricted items such as cigarettes will be listed in a "20+ aisle". Cashiers will be required to ask for a valid ID before selling items from the 20+ aisle.

Do you have any questions?:
I'd like to know more about the process of ordering materials and goods to sell, and whether or not it's at all related to the site stores use to sell goods.
How far outside of the storefront can blocks be altered?
Where can I find the guidelines for building and decorating a shop?
If a builder's help is enlisted in building, is it the responsibility of the shopkeeper to compensate them?

Last edited:

flowersak

Level 121
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
DENIED

Thank you for applying but all slots have been filled as of right now. Feel free to re-apply when applications are next open.​

Users who are viewing this thread