Level 37
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

MONEYICALLING

What is your Discord username?
rugayya

Describe your activity on the server:
I’ve been ‘inactive’ for quite a while; meaning I don’t usually engage in role-play since it’d be quite boring as there would be no one so I just stayed inactive from the role-play aspect of the server and hung around the community making skins and whatnot. I’ve been a part of the community for quite a while now as well, preferably five years or so, but have had some hiatus’ that I have implied of. I do feel as if a lot of people used to know me for making skins. I owned multiple tailoring servers and have helped rebrand one with the current owner a few years back, VISAGE which branched out into more services and divisions, but I eventually left due to the decline and inactivity of sales and school. HERRI was another one that I lead before VISAGE but eventually left since it was also inactive and also transferred opportunities over to other skin makers who were deemed to be good. And if this could help with applications, I was also a surgeon and made my way up to ex-head surgeon around 2019-2020. I left due to the hospital taking a while to be relocated and everything is settled. It’s kind of bad timing to be applying as summer is practically over and school is starting again, but this year I do have a bit of free time on my hands to do other things for leisure activity than in previous years. I have opened skin requests and commissions over the summer as well.

What is your timezone?:
California/Los-Angeles; PST/Pacific Standard Time (UST/GMT -8)

List your current and past applications:
[Accepted]
Head Nurse of School
[Accepted] Receptionist
[Accepted] BlockyMart Shop
[Accepted] KPD x2
[Accepted] Surgeon
[Accepted] Builder x2

[Accepted] Cantonese Language Application; bivome
[Accepted] Korean Language Application; yulmo
[Denied] Korean Language Application; yulmo; a bit too short
[Accepted] Korean Language Application; bivomes

[Accepted] Height Application

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have been playing Minecraft since I was young. I could say I started role-playing around 2015-2016. I role-played on creative servers and made my role-plays. Out of the blue, I decided to start looking for more and more servers that are curated to role-play only, and eventually, I found School Role-play by 2017. I was slightly on and off the first year but I started becoming more active in 2018. My only role-play comes from Minecraft but no matter the platform I role-played on I still got my role-play around and I believe I have developed well.
I am not the strongest detailRP-er if you are looking for that, but I can write quite a lot if needed. Sometimes the situation will vary with how long I will write an action or write a dialogue but that is merely based on my character's knowledge and reaction.
Although I have not role-played in quite some time, I can learn to write more by creating new experiences if I ever get accepted as a Doctor. And aside from hoping to be accepted, I am practicing again to role-play ‘detailed’ or however that classifies as a detailed role-play.
New role-play or engaging in any role-play allows me to open up to new experiences and new shoes to fit in as I play as a different person / engage in an alternate reality that could help me with following situations anywhere.

What is your motivation for applying?
Just for fun, and to be a bit more occupied with role-play. I enjoy having an Adult Role, but I hardly have anyone to role-play with who also is an adult. I do see that there are a few adults here and there, and maybe I could role-play with them, but some people's characters can be slightly weird and act unrealistic as an adult, so I tend to avoid them. Once in a while, you may find people who fit the following criteria of ‘proper’ AdultRP.
From my point of view, I do find that working in a hospital can make me more occupied with role-play. I find the area of play to be balanced as it can be static and dynamic; you are usually role-playing the same genre (static) but every client you work with will always have a different story for you to indulge and make a new experience in (dynamic).
I have been a surgeon before but left due to slow changes and updates. Now that I have heard about the new updates, I’d like to experience the new changes/rebrand. It will obviously put me at the bottom of the food chain, but I am open to learning the new features of EMS, and maybe if possible, I could try to input my past experiences.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Writing this without researching anything, not much really, but it shouldn't be so hard for me to pick up the logistics. I have had IRL surgeries done on me. I have had surgery that had to do with overflowing fluids in the brain and spinal cord (Cerebrospinal Fluid leak). That surgery was pre-requisite to proceed with my scoliosis surgery; which was to put in a metal rod to straighten my spine. I have stayed in the hospital for about three days so I do understand the logistics of what you would need to do as a patient / how to treat patients. I have undergone multiple MRI scans and X-rays to see the process of my spine straightening.
Since I have been a former surgeon, I did* have prior knowledge of multiple procedures, but I do not know if that has fully changed since 2019-2020. Though with the prior and previous knowledge I do have, is that as a Doctor you will take care, diagnose them with symptoms, and give advice to clients about any issues they are physically dealing with. You will either perform surgeries or help them take medications and do exercises to maintain a healthy figure and life. The role of a doctor is valuable because you are in charge of saving people and getting them back on their feet, quite physically.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I do acknowledge that I could be demoted at any point in time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I acknowledge that I need to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role, and I do not have any reason to avoid the job. It is not my first time working in this field, so I am fully aware.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held while you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge that I will have to attend training if I am fully available.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I do acknowledge that I am not allowed to take situations OOCly.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

So-young Sonomi Honda

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female; She/Her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Character/Account never attended Karakura’s local school. So-young received a Doctor of Medicine Degree at the Seoul National University at the age of 28.

Character’s Nationality:
Korean (Ethnic: Japanese-Korean)

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Believes in God

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, Korean

Backstory (100+ Words)
So-young Honda was born into a wealthy family in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, not too far from the busy neighboring prefecture, Tokyo. Her father was a businessman with a lucrative international business, while her mother owned a popular bakery in Seoul, South Korea with the help of her husband. She spent most of her life in two different countries and learned two different languages- what a multitasker at a young age. Being born to multitask and especially being born into a wealthy family meant a few things: she was 'smart' and 'talented.' She learned to play the violin and did figure skating, and other extracurricular and after-school activities throughout her childhood. Entered recitals and programs, and she won a few medals here and there for being a nationalist. She was proficient in many fields of leisurely activities and upheld those curricula till her teenage years.
Once she reached her Secondary Education, her parents wanted to slow down on the back-and-forth traveling. Her father gave her permission for the country she wanted to reside in to complete her education in all; either Seoul, South Korea, or Tokyo, Japan. Her heart desired Korea more, so that's where they resided till then.
She did well in secondary school. A subject she definitely drove for was science. She always loved learning about the human body, especially dissecting insects and animals as a kid. She had a heart for others, but also her parents want her to be a doctor for the money which was quite fortunate in her story.
She, fortunately, got accepted into the top University for medical school, Seoul National University, and proceeded to do consistently well, although stressing as well. So-young then received her bachelor's degree.
She took a year off from anything medical-related and went off to London to do a master's in fashion, and to experience a new country.
She returned to Korea to finish her medical school and complete her residency, and now we're close to the present time.
With everything she had acquired and learned, she became independent and went well off on her own to pursue the dreams she have dreamt nights of, and Karakura, Japan, had given her the opportunities to fulfill her dreams, even if it wasn't the most perfect city out there.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

The path/role she specifically focused on was [General] Surgeon (aka Doctor). She was always interested in the idea of becoming a surgeon- performing operations on other people because she enjoyed making people's lives better or just really helping them for the better so they don't suffer

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
After completing medical school, she took a residency in General Surgery at Seoul National University for 4 years.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
She worked at the old Karakura hospital as a surgeon and made her way up to be head surgeon, eventually quitting to be on hiatus.
She was an assistant for the Japanese military doctors as well.
When coming back to the medical field, she shadowed at schools and hospitals in Seoul, South Korea.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Before going into residency, she decided to take a one-year master's in a fashion program in London, United Kingdom.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, and what makes them unique?

So-young would be quite tall and quite lanky, at minimum model height, 5'8. She's quite pale and unnaturally has platinum-blonde hair; it's her signature hair colour- almost making her look like a sunbeam. She usually wore fancy, handmade clothes, indicating she is a well-mannered woman, who as well had a taste for fashion. So-young is quite reserved
Something that makes her 'unique' is her independence and the way she is all-round with many things. She has owned and helped several businesses in the tailoring industry, which made a name for herself. Oh, and she performed the first-ever surgery in Karakura (you don't want to know what it is).

How does your character act on and off duty?
Off-duty:
The majority of the time, she would be off doing whatever that deemed to be leisurely for her; such as: taking walks outside, sitting along the beachside, reading, talking to friends and family, eating at restaurants [alone], and most specifically, making clothes for herself and others. She has a lot of experience in sewing and designing. But usually, she is alone, and hardly talks, unless spoken to. If she is spoken to, she can talk with a smile on her face.

On-duty:
She’d be doing whatever duties that need to be attended to and completed. She would be no different the way she is off-duty, she is just more hardworking, more serious, and more concentrated; but that does not distort the way she 'normally' is, because she'd be usually like that either way.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Usually, better alone. She is a very independent person but may want to help here and there sometimes. If she is comfortable with x people, she is willing to work with them, and that will allow her to build a foundation for communication and team-building skills, which she may be open about. But most of the time when she operates on someone, she is usually alone, but she is most comfortable that way as she can focus more. You may catch her at rare times with an assistant, but overall, she is dependent and that's the way she gets around.

What plans does your character have for the future?
So-young has her life set straight, she doesn’t see any particular future though, most of her dreams have already been completed. She is merely doing this job to have some occupancy in Karakura and also to just help people for the better. But besides any work-related or financial future, all she wants is to make friends in the workspace. She doesn’t talk to many people as much, so her life has been slow. She would love to know her co-workers' and clients' stories- she’s a good listener. She has always enjoyed helping people, no matter what it may be, she's always out there with a helping hand.

How do others perceive your character? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
People see So-young as a nice, quiet, humble, and independent woman, although she does not talk that much. Some people think she is an ideal woman for many to idolise, respect, and fall for. If you know her well, she will crack jokes here and there, and have a good time with others, just trying to maintain mutual relations with one another.

So-young can see herself that way. She doesn't see herself as introverted, because she knows she can talk, she just can't find the right people usually to talk to. If she does find the right people to talk to, she can talk all she wants to because she genuinely loves talking. No one knows she has depression due to the impact of how independent she was throughout her life- she never really mentions it. She has thought of disappearing for good, but she does see light at the end of the tunnel so she always wants to give it a chance.

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend to pick players who have been on the server for a while and have a relatively clean history. One way to improve your reputation, and boost your chances of acceptance, is by applying to other factions/community teams.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 4lx. - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread