mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

More Service animals

Amaryllis

Level 1
IGN: CatRP

DATE: 8/26/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: more service animals. make it so more than just dogs can be service animals

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: this would make it so players could have a service animal if they have a cat and no one wants to be their pet dog. the amount of characters that have mental problems of physical disabilities grows every time a new character is made. their are not enough people that play dog characters to meet this. if other animals could be service animals it would leave less people without a service animal companion.

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I get that you want more animals to be service animals, but you also have to realize that there is a difference between SERVICE animals and EMOTIONAL SUPPORT animals.

Why dogs are mainly put on the top for service animals is because they are able to assist more for someone's condition, they are trained for that particular job. For example, Dogs are able to Smell if your blood sugar is low/high. Cats aren't seen as service animals by the ADA, yes they can be trained to walk on a leash and such, but they fail at a task like helping a blind person walk/alert blind people/help pull a wheelchair/etc.

Now they are welcomed to be Emotional support animals but they won't be on the same training level as service animals. They are only there for emotional reason and not physical needs.

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
DarkEclipic explains it rather well. But it goes for more than just dogs and cats. Each animal has its strength and weaknesses in these factors that allow it to be considered a possible service animal or an emotional support animal by the ADA.

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
-1 DarkEclipic said it perfectly. Two of my characters (Both my main characters Ina and Freddy) have a cat called bean, who is a huge support to both of them mentally and emotionally, but neither of them need to take the cat to school. Ina is probably my most mentally distorted character and is really, really lost yet there are many ways she can keep herself calm without the cat. A dog is good enough, and there shouldn't be more animals that can enter school grounds for little reasons.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied

- Any animal can be 'Support' animal, however the service dog authorisation is only available for Dogs and is needed if said they wish to enter school grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread