Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
jayharu

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
jayharu#8211

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

How old are you? (Optional):
Don't feel comfortable revealing it on the internet, sorry!

What is your time zone?:
AST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Affirmative.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am quite active on the server. I'd rate myself around 8.25/10 activity as i'm usually online everyday unless I have school finals or some detrimental assignment.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/harus-english-teacher-application.55801/ [ACCEPTED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I am currently Grade-12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

English Arts.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation towards this position as an English Teacher stemmed from a young age. I loved the idea of helping others learn new skills and help out around the school as well as having a good reputation and relationship with others. ICly, SRP has been a very welcoming and sometimes bizarre community and being a teacher would help me immerse myself into the town of Karakura. OOCly, though, I enjoy teaching and helping others learn new things because it makes me feel good. Helping others with math or other important new skills would make me and perhaps others happy. Since I would never want to see another person fail, I want to be able to teach my students enough so that they may enter tests and college with confidence and a solid capacity.
As can be seen from the roster, there is one more vacancy for the english teacher present. As a result, I would like to assume the role of one of the high school english teachers and actually teach the students something. By using my action to demonstrate my commitment to teaching and utilize this role, I hope to inspire additional classes. My character has been viewed as kind, helpful, patient, and very understanding in the majority of scenarios with the in character purpose. He would never be biased and always want to hear both sides of the story. Jay has always desired to serve others, and he chose the teaching profession because he is confident in his ability to commit to assisting others with their futures.

I've even made a lesson tracker incase I am re-accepted.
Link! *********************************d/1146Oe9MO5-EwrPDjq8JY8L__7UEbpevSbhKMDweBSC4/edit?usp=sharing

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I do.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
My understanding is based on my own study, and it appears that teacher class logs are a way for the school administration to maintain tabs on what is happening in each teacher's classroom. Teachers could benefit from logs by having information about the number of classes they still need to teach, extra classes they have hosted, times and room numbers, the overall number of classes they have hosted, and a log of their inactivity. In order to provide an employee who achieves their monthly quota and to assess whether a teacher is actively taking their job seriously, this would be employed.
In other words, it's a system that administrators and instructors both utilize to support the functioning of the educational environment and ensure that the concerned teachers are abiding by all rules and regulations.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The teacher must make sure that the kids understand their expectations and standards, and they must regularly and firmly enforce those rules. Involving students in the process of creating and evaluating classroom rules can also be beneficial since it can make them understand the justification for the rules and give them a sense of ownership and responsibility for adhering to them.
These guidelines are not listed in any particular sequence because each is crucial and necessary.

Rule #1 - “Stay in your seats unless you have permission to move”.
This means that unless the instructor or another member of the school staff gives them permission to leave their seats, children should stay sat in their assigned seats in the classroom.
Remaining seated helps minimize interruptions and distractions while fostering a feeling of structure and order in the classroom. As they are less likely to be tempted to roam or play around when seated, they are also more likely to concentrate and pay attention.

For group work, hands-on activities, or breaks, for example, it may be appropriate for students to get up from their chairs. This is something that teachers need to be aware of. In these situations, it is crucial for teachers to provide students clear directions and rules regarding when and how to move around the classroom. It is crucial that students comprehend that they should only get up from their seats with permission and that they must abide by any additional regulations or instructions that have been given.

Rule #2 - “Keep your hands and objects to yourself”.
As a result, they must refrain from using their hands, feet, or other things in a way that could endanger or annoy others.
This regulation is crucial for maintaining the health and safety of every kid in the classroom. It can aid in preventing misbehavior like as fighting, throwing things, and other potential mishaps and injuries.
Students need to realize that they are accountable for their own actions and should use their hands, feet, and other items with care. Additionally, they should respect other people's privacy and avoid touching or interacting with them in a way that might be offensive or upsetting.
Teachers must constantly enforce this rule and be explicit about the requirements and penalties for breaking it. It is crucial for teachers to set a good example for their students and offer advice and assistance to those who may find it challenging to abide by this rule.

Rule #3 - “Use appropriate language and behaviour”.
This means that students should use language and behaviour that is respectful, appropriate, and in line with school and classroom expectations.
Using appropriate language and behaviour is important for creating a positive and respectful learning environment. It can help to foster a sense of mutual respect and understanding among students and can help to prevent conflicts and misunderstandings.
Examples of appropriate language and behaviour might include using polite and respectful language, following school and classroom rules, being mindful of others' feelings and needs, and participating actively in class. It is important for students to understand that their words and actions have an impact on others, and to be mindful of how they communicate and interact with their classmates and the teacher.
It is important for teachers to establish and communicate clear expectations for appropriate language and behaviour, and to consistently enforce these expectations in a fair and firm manner. It is also important for teachers to provide guidance and support for students who may have difficulty following these expectations.

Rule #4 - “Raise your hand to speak or ask a question”.
This means that students should signal their desire to speak or ask a question by raising their hand, rather than interrupting the teacher or other students or calling out. Raising one's hand to speak is an important social convention that helps to establish order and respect in the classroom. It allows the teacher to know who wants to speak and to manage the flow of conversation and interactions in the class. It also helps to ensure that all students have an opportunity to participate and have their voices heard.
It is important for students to understand the importance of raising their hand and waiting to be called on before speaking, and to be respectful of their classmates and the teacher when they are speaking. It is also important for teachers to be responsive to students who raise their hands and to make an effort to include all students in the conversation.

Rule #5 - “Keep the classroom clean”.
This means that students should take responsibility for their own things, appropriately dispose of waste, and participate in cleaning and organizing tasks as needed in order to maintain a tidy and organized classroom.
In addition to fostering a happy and fruitful learning environment, a tidy and organized classroom can make kids feel more at ease and at home. In addition to being less likely to be distracted by mess or clutter, being in a well-kept place can also make it simpler for pupils to concentrate and pay attention.
Students must comprehend that they are accountable for their personal possessions as well as for keeping the classroom tidy and organized. They should be willing to pitch in and assist with organizing and cleaning activities as needed and should be aware of how their actions and behaviors may affect the classroom atmosphere.
It is crucial that teachers set and express clear guidelines for maintaining order and cleanliness in the classroom, as well as offering advice and support to any students who may want it. Additionally, it is crucial that teachers set an example for their students by maintaining orderly habits and good hygiene, as well as by giving them opportunity to practice and improve these abilities.

Rule #6 - “Follow Directions and pay attention”.
Following directions and paying attention are important skills for students to develop, as they are essential for learning and for functioning effectively in school and other social settings. When students are able to focus and attend to the tasks at hand, they are more likely to absorb new information and skills and to participate actively in the learning process.

It is important for teachers to clearly communicate their expectations and to provide clear, concise instructions and explanations so that students are able to understand and follow them. It is also important for teachers to be patient and understanding if students have difficulty following directions, and to offer additional support or clarification as needed. This means that while the teacher or other members of the faculty are delivering instructions or explanations, the students should pay close attention and try to understand and comply with these directives. This entails paying attention to the teacher or speaker and refraining from interruptions or distractions that can hamper learning.

Students should practice paying attention and following instructions since these abilities are crucial for learning as well as for thriving in academic and social environments. Students are more likely to learn new knowledge and abilities and take an active part in the learning process when they can concentrate and pay attention to the activities at hand. In order for pupils to comprehend and follow directions, it is crucial that professors make their expectations clear and give succinct, precise instructions and explanations. It's crucial for teachers to be kind and patient with their pupils when they have trouble following instructions and to provide extra help or clarification as necessary.

Rule #7 - “Be respectful to others and their property”.
This means that children should refrain from acting in a cruel or disruptive manner toward their fellow students, the instructor, and other members of the school staff. Using acceptable language and behavior, paying attention when others are speaking, and adhering to the norms and policies of the school and the classroom are all examples of showing respect. It also entails being aware of how one's actions may affect others and demonstrating consideration for their needs and feelings. Respecting others' property entails avoiding destroying or removing someone else's possessions without their consent and being aware of shared areas and resources. Students need to know that they are accountable for their own choices and should behave in a way that respects others.

Rule #8 - “Follow policies for using technology”.
This means that when utilizing technology in the classroom, students must abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the teacher and the school.
Technology can be a useful and necessary tool for communication and learning, but it's crucial that kids realize that it must be used properly and in compliance with classroom and school rules. As well as restrictions for the proper use of computers, tablets, phones, and other devices, these policies may also contain recommendations for internet security and good digital citizenship.

Students must comprehend the significance of abiding by these rules and using technology in a way that is acceptable, polite, and consistent with the educational objectives of the classroom and the school. They must also be aware of how their use of technology affects others and refrain from using it in a way that is disruptive or damaging to others.
Teachers should set and express clear guidelines and norms for the use of technology in the classroom, as well as offer assistance and support to any students who may find it challenging to adhere to these rules. Additionally, it is crucial that educators give chances for students to learn about and put good digital citizenship into practice by serving as role models for responsible and appropriate technology use.

Rule #9 - “Bullying is not tolerated”.
This encompasses any behavior that aims to hurt, intimidate, or harass others, whether it be physical, verbal, or online.
It's critical that students comprehend that bullying is unacceptable and that misbehavior that results in bullying will not be tolerated. It's crucial that students feel safe reporting bullying occurrences and getting assistance when they need it.
In addition to being proactive in addressing and preventing bullying, teachers must create a climate of respect and inclusiveness in the classroom. This could entail establishing clear guidelines and expectations about bullying, offering instruction and training on the subject, and collaborating with students and other staff members to build a safe and encouraging school community.

Rule #10 - “Assignment Responsibilities”.
This implies that students must turn in their assignments by the deadline set by their instructors or schools.
Students must submit their work on time in order to demonstrate their understanding and progress, as well as to receive feedback and encouragement from their teachers. Additionally, it helps to make sure that students are completing their assignments on time and moving forward with their academic objectives.
It's critical that kids comprehend the significance of meeting deadlines and form healthy time management and organization practices. They must to make an effort to finish their projects on time and ask for help if they run into problems or require more guidance.
It is crucial that teachers create and communicate to students clear expectations regarding assignment due dates. They should also be patient if students experience exceptional circumstances and offer help and direction to those who may struggle to reach deadlines. In terms of their policies and processes regarding late assignments, teachers should be fair and consistent.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Role-playing has always been a part of my life, from when I was younger playing with toys to today for my acting lessons where I have to role-play the father, the child, the killer, and even the pharmacist. These improved my role-playing skills since I had to act out the character in detail, maintain composure, and occasionally display a strict-vulnerable-emotional-character, which I believe is best to enroll into my character because my degree offers me practice towards this. We all used to roleplay frequently in regular life when we were children. As I used to roleplay to learn about and understand my surroundings, as well as to hone my social skills and have fun! I used to act out various scenarios and play pretend games where I would assume different roles. When my cousins would visit when I was 7-8 years old, we would all roleplay in an office setting. As I prefer to be creative and utilize a variety of things to make the experience feel more authentic, this was a fairly typical experience for me.

Roleplaying has made a significant impact on my life, particularly when I studied drama in secondary school. The study and use of acting, theatre, and other performance-related skills are part of the study of drama. Drama can therefore be a useful topic for people like me who are interested in discovering and honing their roleplaying skills. Through theatre classes, I gained knowledge of many acting approaches and methods and practiced using these approaches to various characters and situations. I was able to improve my capacity to express myself and interact with people through acting as a result of feeling more at ease and confident in assuming various roles and viewpoints.

Drama classes not only helped me hone my acting abilities but also gave me the chance to practice other roleplaying-related skills like improvisation, script ****ysis, and character creation. A range of activities, such as acting, public speaking, and social interaction, can benefit from these abilities.
Overall, drama lessons were a great resource for me since they offered a helpful and enjoyable setting for learning and practice. I was interested in discovering and expanding my roleplaying skills. I have also played in many ROBLOX workplaces (basically games that let you roleplay yourself in a bakery, café, etc.) and I think I am fully prepared to enter the roleplaying community once more.

------------------------- ₊ ˚ ✧ ˳ ⭒ ⁺ ‧₊ ꒰ఎ ★ ໒꒱ ₊‧ ⁺ ⭒ ˳ ✧ ˚ ₊ -------------------------

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head Of Department
↳ Description:
This person is the designated instructor in charge of this subject. The Head of Department oversees their department through allocating tasks, planning events, making decisions and issuing directives, establishing procedures, defining standards and guidelines, and other management tasks.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
This entails having both an acceptable pedagogical level and an academic degree. A qualified teacher is one who has a high level of intellectual stimulation, is knowledgeable about the qualifications needed to become a QT, and has great communication skills with students.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
NQTs are educators who have successfully completed the requirements for certification as instructors and have fully displayed their skills. They are able to conduct their own classes without the requirement for a QT or HD to supervise them. NQTs must demonstrate their independence and management skills in the classroom before they can be promoted to the status of qualified teacher (QT).

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
UTs are recently hired teachers who still need to complete their training in order to better understand their role as educators and pass their training. A QT or HD may also be required to assist them.

------------------------- ₊ ˚ ✧ ˳ ⭒ ⁺ ‧₊ ꒰ఎ ★ ໒꒱ ₊‧ ⁺ ⭒ ˳ ✧ ˚ ₊ -------------------------

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

[OOC and IC Purpose of Teachers]

To educate students on the subject and ensure their comprehension.
Instilling knowledge and comprehension of the subject matter in students is one of the goals of teachers. This involves both imparting new knowledge to pupils and assisting them in developing a deeper comprehension of previously learned ideas. To aid students in understanding and remembering the subject being taught, teachers may employ a range of teaching techniques, including lectures, class discussions, and hands-on activities. It is the duty of the teacher to make the material clear and understandable and to provide pupils the chance to ask questions and clear up any misunderstandings. The intention is for pupils to leave the classroom having fully grasped the subject content.

To aid pupils in developing their capacity for problem-solving and critical thinking.
Teachers' role includes assisting pupils in problem-solving and critical thinking skills development. Making well-informed decisions requires the ability to critically ****yze, evaluate, and assess facts and arguments. It is a crucial ability that is necessary for success in both the classroom and the workplace. By giving students the chance to ****yze and synthesize material, ask questions and take into account diverse points of view, and solve issues, teachers can aid students in the development of critical thinking skills. This could be undertaking collaborative projects, discussing current events, or ****yzing literature. Teachers can educate their students to participate actively in society by fostering in them the ability to think critically.

To aid learning and encourage pupils' intellectual curiosity.
Facilitating learning and encouraging pupils' intellectual curiosity is another goal of teachers. This entails fostering a stimulating learning atmosphere for pupils that encourages them to explore novel concepts and pose questions. By making the content engaging and pertinent, as well as by demonstrating excitement for the subject themselves, teachers can encourage a love of learning in their students. It is crucial for teachers to cultivate intellectual curiosity in their students since doing so aids in the growth of critical thinking abilities and fosters a love of learning that lasts a lifetime. Teachers can assist students in becoming curious, open-minded, and intellectually curious people by facilitating learning and encouraging intellectual curiosity.

To assist students in creating effective study habits and time management techniques.
One of the purposes of teachers is to help students develop good study habits and time management skills. These skills are important for students to be successful in school and in their future studies and careers. Teachers can help students develop good study habits by providing guidance on how to prioritise tasks, how to take effective notes, and how to set aside dedicated study time. They can also teach students about the importance of staying organised and breaking large projects into smaller, more manageable tasks. By helping students develop good study habits and time management skills, teachers can set them up for success in their academic pursuits.

Providing support and guidance to students.
Teachers' assistance and direction of pupils in both their academic and personal lives is another goal. This includes assisting students in setting and achieving academic goals and, when necessary, offering them emotional support and advice. Teachers can serve as mentors and role models for their pupils, providing guidance and support to help them overcome obstacles. It is crucial for teachers to establish a secure and welcoming learning space where students feel free to ask for assistance and support when they do. Teachers may help students feel secure and motivated to succeed in their studies by offering them support and direction.

To create a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive learning atmosphere in the classroom.
The promotion of a welcoming, inclusive, and learning-friendly classroom environment is another goal of instructors. This entails establishing clear standards and guidelines for behavior as well as making the classroom a secure and welcome place for kids. All students should feel appreciated and respected in the classroom, and teachers should encourage participation and contribution from all pupils. Teachers can assist students feel comfortable and involved in their learning and can promote a sense of community and belonging inside the classroom by fostering a healthy and inclusive classroom environment. For all students, this could result in a more fulfilling and successful learning experience.

Through quizzes and assignments, to gauge and evaluate students' progress.
Through tests and assignments, teachers also monitor and evaluate the progress of their students. This entails assessing student comprehension and skills using a range of assessment instruments, including quizzes, exams, projects, and essays. The outcomes of these tests are used by teachers to assess whether pupils are learning the material and to spot any areas where they might need more assistance. Assessing and assessing student development is crucial because it enables teachers to assess the success of their instructional strategies and modify their approach as necessary. Students can track their personal development and find areas for growth with its assistance. Teachers may make sure that students are making progress and are on pace to accomplish their academic goals by periodically reviewing and ****yzing student progress.

To stay up-to-date on current teaching methods and subject matter in order to provide the most effective instruction.
In order to deliver the best instruction possible, teachers also have the responsibility of staying current on topics and instructional strategies. This entails keeping up with research and the best practices in education, as well as remaining informed about new advancements in their subject areas, and it also means continuing their own education through professional development opportunities. Teachers may make sure they are giving their pupils the most recent and relevant knowledge and are utilizing the most successful teaching practices by keeping up with current teaching techniques and topic matter. This can make learning more fruitful and rewarding by energizing and challenging students.

To serve as a role model and mentor to students.
The role modeling and mentoring of students is one of the goals of teachers. This entails leading by example in terms of conduct, work ethic, and personal accountability for the kids. Teachers have the chance to positively impact the lives of their pupils, and they can offer direction and support to enable students to realize their full potential. It is crucial for instructors to be personable, encouraging, and ready to listen to and support their pupils with any problems or troubles they might be experiencing. Teachers can assist students in developing crucial life skills and in making wise decisions as they grow and learn by acting as mentors and role models.

To collaborate with other teachers and school staff to develop and implement effective teaching strategies and curricula.
One of the purposes of teachers is to collaborate with other teachers and school staff to develop and implement effective teaching strategies and curricula. This involves working with colleagues to align instruction with school and district goals and standards, and to create a cohesive and coherent educational experience for students. Teachers may also collaborate with other educators to share ideas and best practices and to develop professional learning communities within their schools. Collaboration is important because it allows teachers to share resources and expertise and to work together to support the academic and personal growth of their students. By collaborating with other teachers and school staff, teachers can help to create a positive and effective learning environment for all students.

How do teachers teach?
There are many different approaches to teaching, and the specific methods used by a teacher can depend on a number of factors, including the subject they are teaching, the age and ability level of their students, and the learning goals of the course or lesson.
Generally, teaching involves a combination of explaining new concepts, demonstrating skills, and providing opportunities for students to practise and apply what they have learned.
Teachers may use a variety of teaching methods to engage their students and facilitate learning, including:

Lectures, One-on-One, Discussions
Demonstrations, Group work

There are many other teaching methods that teachers may use, and the most effective approach will depend on the subject matter, the students, and the learning goals of the lesson or course.

Taking a break!
Like any professionals, teachers also spend their free time pursuing personal interests and hobbies. Some teachers may unwind with friends and family, pursue interests and hobbies, or participate in sports or physical activity during their free time.
In their spare time, other teachers might participate in professional development activities including visiting conferences or seminars, taking on more coursework, or doing research or writing.
It's important to keep in mind that many instructors also have to use part of their spare time for professional activities like creating lesson plans, grading papers, and interacting with students and parents. However, the majority of teachers are able to strike a balance between their job and home lives, allowing them to take time off when they want to.

[IC KNOWLEDGE]
The maximum monthly salary for teachers is ¥500,000. Newly qualified teachers begin with a base pay of ¥350,000 after completing 10 classes (qualified teachers have a base pay of ¥400,000), and for every additional 5 classes after meeting the minimum requirement, teachers receive an additional ¥50,000 in pay until the maximum is reached.

[OOC KNOWLEDGE]

BASED IN THE US.

How much does a Public School Teacher make in the United States? The average Public School Teacher salary in the United States is $56,636 as of May 25, 2023, but the range typically falls between $47,296 and $69,070. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

BASED IN THE UK.
UK teachers are compensated in accordance with a pay scale that has been adopted nationally. Their compensation is based on their credentials, experience, and duties.
In England and Wales, newly qualified teachers typically start out earning between £23,720 and £29,664 year.
Depending on their position and duties, experienced instructors with more than four years of experience can anticipate earning between £30,046 and £49,571 year.
Headteachers and deputy headteachers typically earn higher salaries than other teaching jobs because of their seniority. Depending on the size and nature of the school they are in charge of, headteachers in England and Wales might make between £40,490 and £105,737 annually.
It's important to keep in mind that these numbers are merely approximations, and that actual pay can differ depending on a variety of circumstances, including the location of the school and the degree of training and experience of the teacher.

BASED IN JAPAN.
In Japan, teachers often get a monthly pay that is set by the neighborhood board of education. The degree of education and experience of the teacher, the kind of school they work in, and the location of the school are all important considerations when determining the wage.
The beginning wage for a newly employed full-time teacher with a bachelor's degree and no teaching experience is approximately 250,000 per month (about $2,300), according to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
With earnings ranging from about 300,000 to 550,000 per month (about $2,800 to $5,100), experienced teachers with a master's degree or higher can expect to make more money.
It's important to keep in mind that these numbers are simply approximations, and that actual pay might differ depending on a range of elements, including the amount of education and experience of the teacher, the kind of school they work in, and the location of the school.

Notable Sites!
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT): "Guide to Employment for International Students in Japan"
https://www.mext.go.jp/en/policy/education/highered/title01/detail02/1373888.html

Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA): "Working as a Teacher in Japan"
https://www.jica.go.jp/english/our_...human_resource_development/teacher/index.html

Japan Times: "Teacher Salaries in Japan: An Overview"
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2018/06/27/education/teacher-salaries-japan-overview/

Public School Teacher Salary in the United States

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
As I did mention before, teachers are important to a SchoolRP server as the server basically needs them to progress. Other than that, teachers give in-game support roleplaying primarily. These are often some of the first people new gamers to SRP would encounter. They are an excellent resource for newer players who want to learn more. I understand how intimidating it may be to try to fit in, especially if you're new to roleplaying. I was once a new player myself. They'll establish that RP bar for new players and help orientate them to SRP.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school employs the 'MoSCoW' lesson planning approach. Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have or Will not have.
In order to assist teams concentrate on the most crucial activities and make the greatest use of their time and resources, MoSCoW is a prioritization strategy that is frequently used in project management. Must have, Should have, Could have, and Won't have are the letters in the acronym MoSCoW.
The MoSCoW approach could be used in the teaching environment to rank the objectives and content of a session or course. For instance, the "Must have" category can comprise crucial ideas and abilities that students need to grasp in order to achieve the lesson's learning objectives. Additional knowledge or abilities that are crucial but not as crucial as the "Must have" things may be included in the "Should have" category. If time allows, additional or optional material may be included in the "Could have" category. The "Won't have" category may comprise topics or goals that can't realistically be covered in the allotted time.
In order to guarantee that they are able to cover the subject in a way that is relevant and effective for their students, teachers can benefit from using the MoSCoW approach to help them concentrate on the most crucial content and objectives.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Jay Douglas is a young, small built, man in which he normally has a quaint attitude. There's a reason I highlighted "normally". He's usually a welcoming, quiet, fun loving individual who usually stands at around 5,4 with a weight of 115 pounds. He usually socializes easily with others when in a small group and has a kind and warming aura which aids in this field. He usually has his chocolate brown hair, swept to the left side of his face, with the main reason of "hiding his eyes from the light" as he's light sensitive at times. He'd have a tanned/pale skin tone with a slightly muscular build. He can be seen with dark maroon eyes in a hurricane grey sweater with some jet black joggers to accompany it. He'd have a chiseled jawline as well as slightly showing cheekbones which some would say make him "look ten times younger!". Compliments like these normally give him a spark of energy as he normally would never get compliments when he was younger (as would be explained in his backstory). Jay would have a bubbly and charismatic tone at times whenever he's either having fun with his students in class or with having fun with his other friends outside of school. However, he'd have a deeper and sterner tone whenever he's in an examination mode or having a bad mood if been offset by one of the students in school. During times in which he isn't hosting a class, he'd be with his students cracking a joke or even playing around with them. As a male teacher, he has had some sporting knowledge in his past so, he'd normally go out on the track with them, take a small jog and in general connect with his students. This would be one way in which he'd have successful and fun classes!

He's a mature fellow who normally is seen as introverted at times. He would use his quiet time to check his allowances, pay bills, give students help over the phone, check up on his mother, whatever seems profitable to him. He'd normally be wearing his iconic gray sweater, paired with some dressed trousers on a cold, winter or autumn morning, also accompanied with an americano, received from the 11-7 behind the school. On a usual day, he'd be wearing a plain white dress shirt along with a notable green tie of which his mother gave him as a Christmas gift. Jay would wear that along with some dress pants and his newly bought belt that has a shiny, gold buckle sewn upon it. Douglas would be seen waltzing across the hallways with a textbook or short story in his hand, dashing to get to a classroom or, he'd be caught in the library or in his own classroom after fetching lunch, reading the daily newspaper or some book he bought in the school's library, reminding him of his life back as a highschooler. Bringing up the fact of food, he's a health loving man who loves to eat a fresh salad, made with the finest harvests of lettuce, tomatoes and teriyaki chicken along with some sprinkled salad dressing to give it a perk of tastiness. Sometimes, if he's feeling a bit in the mood, he'd go out for a pizza or make a hotdog if he's feeling for it. Speaking of going out, you'd never catch him in a club or bar. If you want to find Jay after school, he'd be in the bowling alley or at a restaurant with his friend. He's never smoked a cigarette or had beer in his life. The most exotic drink you'd find him having, is probably some wine. He's definitely more on the calmer and safer side of life.

After learning about Literature and English, he had known this is what he'd want to do in life. Be a teacher and support other students. This goes to show in his personality. As said before, he is a warm and fatherlike individual so this was nothing new to him. He is friends with the Drama Teacher, Miss Lily Kusonetova in which he knew from way back and is generally there for her in times of need. He's good friends with the family so he can be known to be a socialite. As he ventures back into the corporate and treacherous world of interacting and teaching students, he is excited and capable of achieving anything that's in his way.
Having this young appearance, he'd normally be in something casual like a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and some flip flops after school or on the weekends. He would usually be emotional support for others as he is called the "father figure" by his friends and others around him. If anyone was having anxiety, panic, depression, he'd be there to support them as he has experienced this in his past as well. He wants to repay his good deed onto others. He believes that karma is real, therefore, he's quite selfless and would always repay a good value whenever he gets the chance. Jay has to buy new school material for his students? He will. Puts others before him at all times. A selfless man.

He views students as vulnerable. Not as some perverted freak but as someone who he sees that needed guidance to get through this life of hardship and pain. Life is unnerving at times and with the stress and pressure of school on top of it, he'd never want his students to feel the same way as him 12 years ago. He wants to make a home in his classroom, make his classroom feel like home. He wants to ensure students can interact in his classroom without feeling embarrassment or feeling like "I'm gonna be picked on for ____" or something along those lines. His classroom is a healing space. Jay wants to make his students feel as if they can run to Jay whenever they need guidance. He wants to be a better man. Better than his father atleast. As he's recently moved to Karakura only 7 years ago, he's adapted very fast and very well. A big help probably is his eccentric personality so it was not a problem to strike a conversation with others. He's made quite the striking appearance for sure. Since his past was brutal on his mental health, Douglas' main aim in his life would be to help others mentally through teaching. His motivator was English Literature class where he'd vent out all of his life's troubles, all of his hardships. He hopes to help students achieve this sense of being cared for in his class, to be a father figure for those who aren't enabled to a healthy relationship with one or even if they didn't have one at all. He wants to be a better person than his own father. Jay has strict rules for himself. He doesn't drink, doesn't shout unnecessarily and usually keeps a fair, charming, sweet aura on him at all times. Jay would lead his life into accomplishing his goals.

download (7).png1685282908226.pngdownload20221206011647.png

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Jay would overhear the profanities being tossed and thrown across the hallway. Without a second thought, Douglas would slowly approach them in a confused manner, probably wondering in his mind after a long day, "A long day aint it.". After approaching the group of what seemed to be delinquents, he'd quickly ****yze their behaviours and state of mind before making a statement on their behavior. He'd deliver a cold gaze, watching them up and down, showing them he's seriously disappointed in their behaviors. Jay would then deliver a message a bubbly yet unnervingly stern manner, "Why do we seem to be talking like this? Is there a fight or problem?" he'd inquire. "If you guys don't stop this uncordial demeanor, I will have to give you guys a slip, sending you straight to the detention room. Would you like that?" he'd say sarcastically, hoping it'll give them a little shake. If they continue to show blatant disrespect, he'd then, "Since you guys have no self respect-" he'd then politely whip a detention slip out of his pocket, seemingly shining at the light of day, thinking he wouldn't have to give this to a student on that fine day, "-here's a slip! I hope you enjoy seeing me after school today." as he'd walk off seemingly happy, hearing the gang scoffing in the background, though, it was an inevitable choice he had to make.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Jay would welcome the class with a serene grin and a cordial greeting before politely asking everyone to settle down. Typically, this would be effective. He would then need to identify the primary cause of the class's disruption, which is typically a student who is seeking attention. Douglas would approach the situation one pupil at a time and inquire as to their well-being. In order to keep them occupied and away from boredom, he would ask them to assist distribute the books. If none of this had resolved the problem, he would play a beginning game with the students. A mentally stimulating activity that would also reveal to Jay what intellectual level each of his students would be at, as some students would struggle more than others and require assistance. "Hello, class! We'll start off with a game to get you all going!", as he had a bubbly personality, "You must all pay attention or all of you are going to detention! We don't want the day to get off to a poor start, do we?" The remark would convey authority and severity, urging the pupils to make concessions since they wouldn't want to go to detention or have other professors discipline them.

If at any point afterwards they seem to talk again, he'd proceed to scan the class once again, looking for the root of the problem. He'd rest all material he had on him and retrieve a detention slip from in his desk drawer and approach the group of students. "Ah so I see my first trick didn't work. I'm sorry but i'll have to see you after school." he said with a disappointed look on his face, with a heavy tone in his voice. He knew he didn't want to give the student this slip, but he knew it was his only resort in order to have a productive class. "Also since you broke my trust twice, I'd have to ask you to leave the class." he'd say while pointing his hands towards the door with a small smile on his face. After this act, hopefully the class would be quiet enough to know the consequences of their actions.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Trying not to seem like an attention seeker or over-the-top individual, he'd quaintly say, "Good morning!" as he'd scurry along to his seat to begin working on whatever he had planned for his students. Upon opening his desktop, he'd go along to the small, kitchen-like area to the corner of the staff room and begin a nice hotdog for himself. Being a little selfless, he'd ask the others in the room as well, "Would anyone else like a hotdog? Hot and tasty!" as he'd keep making the required ingredients for the food. If he sees anyone he knows in the room, Jay would approach them without a second thought and begin an intellectual, light-hearted or funny conversation with them, anything according to the vibe of the room or person he'd be talking to. More than likely, he'd be talking to Miss Kusonetova or Mr. Black about anything general as he had knew them from way back. Before he'd leave the room, he'd always ensure everyone who he met had a good experience with him.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
&3&ostood upon the wooden floorboards of the classroom and laid his bag, containing the examination papers, onto his desk. "Hurry along students! We have work to complete today!", he'd say in a more serious tone, showing to the student body he's not playing around, helping them get to their required seats faster. After all student's have sat down, quietly, he'd then announce, "Today is your monthly examination. I hope you guys have studied diligently-" while walking around the class in an authorative manner, "as this examination is not to be taken lightly. This will contribute to 80% of your score this month so please, take this seriously." He'd then take out the large stack of examination booklets out of his satchel before strolling back around the class again, silently placing each of the sheets, backside facing up onto the tables. After he'd finish, Douglas would then instruct the students, "Please turn over your booklet. If there is anyone without one, let me know!". As the clock to strikes 1:15 PM, he'd then announce, "You may now begin!". Jay would watch all of his students flip over the A4 sheets of blank paper before him gently resting on his chair, invigilating each and every one of them.

/me &3&owould be vocalizing a lecture while observing the class, before he saw a girl with her head looking down at her torso, seemingly weeping. "H-Hold on a second class. Please turn to page 146 in the extract I gave you guys. Give me a quick second." he'd announce as he'd walk down the aisle to the student's chair. He'd quickly kneel down, trying to stoop to the same level as the student to observe her issues. In that same moment, Douglas observed she had her hands clutched around her stomach, along with a jacket tied firmly around her waist. This signaled to Mr. Douglas that she was on her time of the month. "Okay, I see-" he'd say to her, while watching his back, ensuring nobody is observing the situation at hand. "Let me get something for you." as he'd arise from the ground where he once was and proceeded to waltz back to his table and get a crinkly pack out of his drawer and conceal it in his dress pants' pocket that he'd be wearing that day. Jay would quickly go back to the student and take this object from his pocket and quietly tell her, "You're free to go to the bathroom or nurse's office. Whatever is fine with you okay?" as he nodded his head, giving her the affirmation to leave the classroom discreetly and go to get some help. Jay would go to the door and unlock it to let her out the classroom.

/me &3&oshouted, "Alright class! Let's get out our phones and begin a fun activity!" Jay would observe all the student's faces light up, as if they've just felt a ray of sun across their face as they all looked side to side to their friends, in a sense of "What are we doing?". Mr. Douglas would then announce, "Kahoot Time!" The students whipped out their phones with incredible speed, as they logged into their phones, tapping their passwords without a second thought. Jay would gently smile seeing his class having fun in school, something he never had. "Alright! Are you guys ready for the code?" he exclaimed, questioning the class. "Yes Sir!" a student would bawl out from the back row of the class with an excited tone of voice. Douglas would then scroll down on his mouse and start repeating the code on his screen, "The code is-" as all the students started tapping away on their devices. Jay seeing the blue lights of the mobile phones shining on their faces with a huge smile plastered onto their face made Douglas himself happy as he continued recalling the code to the class.

/me &3&ohe'd hear the "Click!" of his classroom door, as he entered the classroom early to prepare for his Argumentative Essay lecture today. He'd slowly close the wooden door behind him as he trekked over to his desk at the front of the classroom with a steaming hot cup of coffee in his left hand and his bag, containing all of his learning material in his right hand, ready for the class today. "Some time to myself at last." He'd lay himself down on his chair before letting out a noiseless sigh as he heard the drips of rain fall against his window and the ambrosial aroma of his coffee on the table top. Jay would take a brisk sip of the coffee, perking him up for the day as he removed all of the papers, textbooks and notepads from his bag. Everything would be neatly laid onto his desk, making little sound as he intellectually laid down each of the objects Douglas would then have his eyelids slowly close before him as he attempted to take a rest before the rush of the day started but alas, the students started barging in, each with a "Morning Mr. D!". He'd greet all of them back with a "Good Morning bud, ready to do some fun work today?" with a warming smile across his face A nice start to his morning.

Backstory

[Ages 0-12]

Jay would reside in a wealthy household in the land of Tribeca, New York, he was an only child with both a mother and a father figure in his life. His father specifically would be there for him whenever he needed help in school work, studying, early life decisions while his mother would be there for him when he needed comforting and guidance. He lived in a wealthy area with wealthy children who were usually rude or somewhat egotistical at such a young age. He was a humble and generous kid since he was at his youth ages but clearly that didn't help him in the years to come. He never noticed but while he was in Elementary School, his parents had marital issues that they had to resolve. He would never realize when they'd fight or have discords amongst each other and it wasn't a surprise as he was such a young kid. His parents would only ever want the best for him and would never show their issues in the light of day while their child was near them.

[Ages 13-17]
As he progressed in both his grades and his physical physique, Jay was becoming more and more present whenever his parents were feuding. He'd normally hear bickering every night after dinner, while doing assignments, even when his friends or family were over at his place. He'd feel overwhelming embarrassment all the time. He had made a friend called Ethan Lake. Ethan grew up in the same Tribeca, New York. Slightly rebellious and somewhat rude. There was a day when Ethan was at Jay's house when he heard them bickering. Ethan was quite the instigator at times so when he heard this, he played it off as it was nothing but when he left, little did Jay know, the next day of school for him would be hell. Everyone knew about Jay's troubles at home, everyone was talking about it, mocking him, making insensitive jokes about it. If Jay had thought he had escaped hell when he got home, he was wrong. His father started drinking continuously. He'd always have an abusive tone to him after he drank. Douglas' father would carry a long leather belt around his waist, a half empty beer bottle in his hand as well as some jagged clothing. Some may mistake him for being in the hood. This also caused Jay to get picked on at school more.

When Jay would get home, he'd cry into a pillow inside his room, quietly, by himself. He wish he could have said something but he didn't, he was timid and shy whenever he was near his father as he was afraid of being abused. Though that wasn't what he was scared of most. He was more scared of his mother being abused. With all of this taking place behind the curtains of his life, his A+ grades started to go on a downwards trend, his quaint smile would fade entirely and he'd even stop talking to others. Jay had gotten to such a depressing and vulnerable point in his life, that he snapped. "Where's Ethan?" he thought to himself. Realizing he was never there for him in his vulnerable moments, never there in his times of need and was generally there to only use Jay for his wealth. Jay would storm up to Ethan, the same moment he'd realize that Ethan was the same individual that spread this truth amongst the student body of his school. Ethan would mock him, saying hurtful phrases, cursing Jay out.

Jay snapped.

Jay would go into a frenzy, throwing punches at Ethan wildly, shouting profanities, loud enough to be heard throughout the halls. He'd be in a fight for what seemed like hours, years, centuries before a teacher came up and halted this catastrophic event. Jay's parents would be called into the school in which after hearing this, Jay's father would have these bloodshot eyes, giving off an effect of death. As soon as Jay got back home after being suspended from school, Douglas' father went to the garage and retrieved a glass bottle, raising it up into the air, ready to smash it against young Jay's head. That was before Jay's mother, the only person in his family who cared about Jay leapt infront of Jay and took the hit. Jay was furious. With built up sadness, rage and guilt, Jay would proceed to knockout his father cold before calling the Police.

It was a traumatizing night for Jay. Jay's family was taken into court shortly after where Jay's mother earned full custody over Jay while his father went to jail for his crimes. Jay knew that they couldn't live like this. This is why.

[Ages 18-28]
Jay now a full adult, after years of getting his mental health back up to a stable level, his grades increasing and him transferring schools, he moved up to college where he'd begin to study his favourite subject. English. Though Jay was going through tough times, English was his comfort subject. Whenever Jay could rant all of his life problems out into his essays, it'd decrease what it seemed like his never ending cycle of stress and depression. As he continued along this path, he became an English Major in which he'd study Social Sciences and Literature. A strong motivator of his as well, is his perseverance. His reason to do this. Jay did all this not only to destress himself, but also for his family to obtain a better way of life. After graduating university in America, he invited his mother with him to go to Karakura, Japan at the age of 22.

As they both agreed and started packing to migrate to this new land, this is where now known as Mr. Jay Douglas would find work as a teacher. Aiding students in achieving their goals, no matter what happens in life. Douglas' lifestory would always stick with him, helping him as a guide on how to aid other children in need.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Jay Douglas
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Douglas
Given Name(s): Jay, JJ,
Preferred Name: Jay

Age (Minimum is 27): 29
Religious Denomination: Christian (Methodist)
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American-Japanese
Current Location: Karakura Town

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree
Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): English, Social Sciences
Minors: Business

Native Languages: English, Japanese
Other Languages: Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: N/A

Extra

/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application: I'd just like for whoever's reading this application to know, I was actually a teacher from December 2022 to February 2023 and i'm quite experienced now with teaching in SRP and it'd mean a lot to both me and my character if we could relive the life of teaching and continue Jay Douglas' story. Thank you for taking the time to read my application again!
Do you have any questions?:
I was actually a teacher here before so if I do get denied, is it possible for me to recieve my adult role on my second character please as if been a teacher for 3-4 months before? I wanted to be a student just to try the student life but i'd like to be an adult on my second character, Thank you!

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 99
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread