mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Music Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): MelandBunnies_TM
Previous bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: Im on daily for about 1-4 hrs on the weekend but on school days I can be on about 2 hrs daily.

Do you have Discord (if so, what's your discord username)? I don't have Discord, but I can get it.

Do you have a microphone? Yes

List your current and past applications: https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/music-teacher-application.177/
What is your motivation for applying?: My motivation is the enjoyment of teaching, I have seen a lot of teachers work and it just seems so exiting.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes, I have read and understood it.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yes

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
A few weeks before the trip I would ask the principal for permission and then if I am allowed to organize the trip I would announce the news to my class and ask for a small fee for food and transport.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
1.No food or drinks
2. No phones
3.No foul language
4. No misbehaving
5. Respect all
6.No speaking without raising your hand

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I don't have much experience except that I have been a School Counsel before on another role-play server a while ago.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
-Trainee
-Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
-Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills (QTLS)
- Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I wouldn't want to change much but I seem to notice that there is a lot of teachers but most of them are rarely on the server and I think that we need a more active Teacher Group.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in Japan get about 210,100 YEN a month, but that can be different depending on the qualification of the teacher. From my point of view teachers are adults who teach younger humans (children) and get them ready to live as a adult. But all teachers teach their pupils differently and get different results.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: They are important to the SchoolRP server because children need support in their learning and teachers are trained to do exactly that.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - You are a trainee for a short amount of time but while you are you are not allowed to teach or start a class and you cannot assist another teacher but you can ask a QTLS to observe and take notes while they are teaching a class. You would also be getting training.
Newly Qualified Teacher - You can now teach a class but you must first check the role-play documents to check what you will be teaching.You don't have to follow the lesson plan book but you must cover some key parts written in there. You should be guided by higher peers, you aren't allowed to take in trainees to watch you or train them.
Qualified Teacher And Learning Skills - You now have the permission to start a class whenever you want (in school time) but before doing so you must discuss with other teachers.As a QTLS you now cannot make any mistakes, you are allowed to take in trainees to observe but you are not qualified enough to train them.
Head of Department - Its highly unlikely you will reach this stage, but if HD is taken you could be offered to become a Co-HD. But as a HD you have the choice whether to decide what lessons your department is going to teach.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The MoScO system: the Must Have, Should Have and Could Have.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
My character has light blue eyes and blonde hair with tips she sometimes dyes blue. She is kind and patient to students but if they are disrespectful and don't listen she could be strict with them, she looks up to other teachers and tries to impress them. Her plans for the future are to have a family and travel the world and listen to different kinds of music all around the world.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would walk up to them and simply give them a warning and ask them to stop if they continue I give them another warning and if they still keep cursing and swearing i would take them to the principal.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I patiently wait for them to calm down. If they don't I will slowly start to raise my voice.
When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
She sits in a corner and marks and grades work and sometimes discuses her classes and other things with other fellow teachers.
Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me plays music notes
/me helps [students name] with work
/me asks [students name] to play notes
/me demonstrates how to play notes to [students name]
/me asks class to be quiet

BACKSTORY

Melody Samantha Hooper was born in a village near the woods outskirts Port Gorge. She lived with her mother,father, baby sister and their 2 Husky dogs. They lived in the village where she was born in until her baby sister died because of a brain sickness which she was born with. It was a big tragedy to the family. They moved as the village reminded them of bad happenings, it was hard for Melody as the changes were so big from the little village by the woods into a big city of Ottawa. At school she was doing pretty badly because of the grief. She didn't have much friends in primary school as she was shy and quiet and everybody thought of her as a wierdo. So she just focused her life on Music and Horse Riding. She passed primary school with a B, surprisingly as her mother didn't expect her to pass at all and be left in primary school for another year. When Melody was 12 one of their dogs died... She worked hard even harder though she was sad her dog was always on her mind she never gave up.Work in high school seemed a lot easier to her than in primary school. . She didn't do horse-riding anymore because that took up a lot of her time and she needed to focus on her school work. But she still kept playing her piano and guitar as it was her dream to become a musician. In the3rd grade of high-school she met her Best Friend, Lisa Mardith. Lisa helped Melody with her Maths and Grammar, and Melody helped Lisa in Music soon they both graduated with a A+. Liana went to a university in Ohio and Melody needed to go to Japan to study for her Music Degree they didn't want to part but they had no choice as they both wanted to study for different things. In 3 years she had a perfect Masters Degree in Music! She was very happy and with herself. She was searching for a place to live and found a house near a school named "Yandery High-School".
She didn't know if she should apply for a music teacher. But as at this point she was working at a small shop and wasn't getting much salary, she decided to send the school a application!

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Melody Samantha Hooper
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Melody, Mel, Miss.Melody, Miss. Hooper
Preferred Name: Melody

Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Canadian
Current Location: Japan, Takashima

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0 years
Working Experience (# of years): 2 years

Academic Degree: Masters Degree in Music

Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Languages, Music
Minors: Geography

Native Languages: English, French
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, I do.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Music

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Last edited:

Adym

Level 145
Denied
Multiple grammar mistakes in application.
To request a field trip, you should fill out a field trip application on the forums.
Lack of activity on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread