Accepted Music Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionhead852

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): Lionhead852
Previous bans: 0

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
- Yes I do understand that the answers are mostly found in the documents.

Describe your activity on the server:
- I have become a point of curiosity for some students.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

List your current and past applications: 0

What is your motivation for applying?:
- I really want to test my skills at teaching music. I want to be challenged and also make some friends within the school staff.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yes

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
- Fill out field trip information request form and send it to the principals office for approval.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
- I don't have previous experiences. But from what I've seen I'll definitely be on way more often.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
1.(Trainee) Trainee.
2.(NQT) Newly Qualified Teacher.
3.(QTLS) Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills.
4.(HD) Head of Department.

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, I have read all of them.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
- I would only add a dual teacher position for classes that have over 35 students in a class to help control the atmosphere.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. During their spare time they are participating in faculty meeting and/or working on lesson plans.
- During class they train the innovators of the future by teaching their classes subject and enforcing subtle discipline. The pay is around 225,000 yen each month.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
- A school isn't a school without teachers and this is a serious roleplay server, so they are the heart of this operation.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- They start off with inexperience trainees who are given more privileges as they become more experience and rank up. When you have a high rank on staff you gain trust and authority over most events.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
- MOSCO system. A very creative and efficient system for effectiveness and organization.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
- My character is a very average male until you discover his talent for music. Even though he has a lot of experience in music he treats each student as someone more talented then him, he just needs to help them unlock their hidden abilities. He is a real team player when it come to the success of the students so as long as each teacher is here to improve he will be right there with them. My character is both confident and motivated. He wishes to become a music professor at a conservatory after he accomplishes multiple successes with his (hopefully) many students.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: walk over and tell them "Inappropriate language is not tolerated at this school" and warn them if I see this behavior again there will be further consequences.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I start trying to twist the discussion a little bit in there interest with benefits for participating and/or focusing on the students point of view.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? Focused and relaxed. Focused on the lesson/events plan. Relaxed so I can have some normal conversation with other teachers so I can cool down.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
- /me clicks drum sticks in time for rudiment exercises
- /me applauds the amazing musical presentation
- /me glances over class making sure they are not copying off someone else's test
- /me writes down (name) on list for volunteers in the next concert piece
- /me bangs desk to grab attention of class while demonstrating proper grip on drumstick

BACKSTORY

/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words. Remove this comment after posting.*/
- I had a musical ear since I was six and I could distinguish keys and chords from the most garbled music. I thought it was normal so I stayed on the path of sports for a while until I was eight when I walked up to a piano at a music store and played a basic tune I made up and improvised. (True story now) I was about to be removed from the store for messing with the instruments until the owner and staff noticed how I was actually playing something musical rather than mashing the keys like a normal eight year old. From then on I studied Piano and spread out to percussion and music theory. (I was actually six in real life when this happened).

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Lion K. Duran
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Dr. Duran
Given Name(s): None
Preferred Name: Mr. Lion

Religious Denomination: Protestant christian
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: German
Current Location: North Florida

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 10
Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree: Doctorate

Year of Graduation: 2010
Major(s): Music theory, Music
Minors: None

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Percussion (includes regular music)

Additional notes about your application (if any): In real life I have studied music since I was six and started teaching when I was fifteen as an assistant at a highschool. I am currently working my way to getting a Doctorate in music IRL. I would love to have some fun with the knowledge I actually have.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have been accepted to be a teacher
Notes:
Your backstory should have been longer, but the information you gave is okay.[Should have been 300 words long]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread