mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Mutual Intelligibility

Coffeeccubus

Level 18
IGN: Coffeeccubus
DATE: 4/9/20
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
To be honest, the language plugin needs to be overhauled and redone. Although it is pretty good all in all for immersion for those who do not speak Japanese IC, it is still riddled with a few problems I wanna address. Actually, it's one simple problem.

Language Families.

Some languages like Chinese aka Mandarin can be spoken and such, but for some reason, Cantonese speakers or something which is more related to the language can't understand a word at all. Italians and Corsicans can't understand eachother for some reason, even though Corsican is very closely related to Tuscan, which is an Italian language.

My solution to this, is by making all the languages grouped into something called a "Language Family", which connects certain languages that are in said language group. So that means if a person speaks let's say, Corsican, Italians can intelligibly understand them. This should namely apply to languages that are quite intelligible to eachother.

This should NOT apply to languages if they have completely ways of speaking or sentence structuring and such.

TL;DR: I am suggesting a Mutual Intelligibility system to be added if two or more languages have it. (EX: Corsican and Italian)

Totalore

Level 138
you know what i want? to speak 3 languages

but this'd be a cool thing to implement. it'd have languages be more detailed, in a way

Im6

Level 184
DENIED

- Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback however we've chosen to deny it.

Users who are viewing this thread