mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

My General take for 2020

funerals_

Level 21
Yeah let's be honest, a lot of us lost ourselves during Covid-19 sadly. For some people, it helped them find a better version of themself, while others is the complete opposite. I'm hoping that everyone can benefit from the start of a new year, and hopefully Covid will end before 2022. If anything, I know this community for a fact have been keeping each other company considering we're an online playerbase - we all have our online friend groups and such.

I am thankful for those who have taken the extra steps in helping others to keep pushing forward and not lose their dignity and self-esteem; we're humans, and at the end of the day we all need each other. But... yeah! I agree with a lot of stuff in that video, Jason is a very down-to-earth person. I can't wait to see what the future will bring us.

Jason The Art Kid

Level 4
Yeah let's be honest, a lot of us lost ourselves during Covid-19 sadly. For some people, it helped them find a better version of themself, while others is the complete opposite. I'm hoping that everyone can benefit from the start of a new year, and hopefully Covid will end before 2022. If anything, I know this community for a fact have been keeping each other company considering we're an online playerbase - we all have our online friend groups and such.

I am thankful for those who have taken the extra steps in helping others to keep pushing forward and not lose their dignity and self-esteem; we're humans, and at the end of the day we all need each other. But... yeah! I agree with a lot of stuff in that video, Jason is a very down-to-earth person. I can't wait to see what the future will bring us.

Not only that, but ever since March of this year, the majority of the US had to lockdown and still is for the majority of the country since cases are actually rising earlier this month. I wouldn't be baffled to hear that people have gone to the point of becoming a different person or done malicious things without other people knowing, or even yet, since depression has doubled this year, there would be cases of suicide or a wave of people who developed depression over the span of this year. Subjectivity aside, these statistics are the main highlight as well as elections and political conflicts between countries, not to go into much detail of that debacle, but to summarize the entire year as a hole, being self aware of what you are becoming is a big learning advantage into preventing what you wouldn't want to become.

Also, in the video, I've set kind of an unrealistic time by when things would get to normal by saying it would be into fruition by march or April, but giving the mass of covid cases in the US, and how cases have raised by a ton, that sounded too good to be true, so hopefully yeah, before 2022 or in during the year 2022 everything would be how it was the year before.

Sorry if the video seems sloppily made, as I don't really expect to be agreed upon all the time with little structure I added, I feel though I said most of the problems were to COVID, while being the main point of the year, It doesn't seem proper to say it caused all the problems in peoples lives, people who've experienced quarantine may have driven crazy to the point of harming or hospitalize someone for their own benefit of seeing justice for themselves through various ways of conducting harm, or apart from physical, ruining a persons rep over a wonky allegation or accusation that little to way in evidence against someone.

I try to play careful with my words when I comes to topics like these, as I don't want to overweigh one side of the other being positive, or negative. I try to stay pretty strict on being neutral in terms of sharing objectivity and subjectivity whenever they are needed for when I give or take, or report on current events. I also don't like how the majority could say that I'm in the right mostly to everything I say, If something seems very sketchy about what I've said, I'd be very invested into knowing what I did wrong. Cause I'm not always going to have good apples in a tree, there will be some bad the can come along with what I say. I'd rather know what I'm doing wrong with what I say rather than waiting out for someone to expose me of something that I could've prevent WAY before an expose video or response lol. If I'm actually saying correct stuff, then I'm grateful for actually being who I am, talking how I talk a bit messy in the video with little effort in structure lol.

I hope you have a great new year as well! When January 1st hits, I'm gonna get the biggest razor on Amazon and I'm shaving this beard, I don't personally like having beards and I can't believed I've been letting myself go. SchoolRP Is definitely interesting the more I play with people here, I like it. :DD

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
To be frank and brutally honest - My 2020 was probably my best year yet. Covid in Australia (At least the city where I live) was a complete joke, we did online school 5 five weeks at the very VERY beginning of Covid and now its been about 110 days since our last case. I've matured a lot this year and made a lot of tough decisions that I think only something as big as a big worldwide pandemic use to push up my timeline for the next couple of years.

2020 was amazing. I got less tests and the tests I DID do were simplified. I got make time for stuff I hadn't been able to do and I found some new hobbies - Oh and did I mention how big the school holidays were? I am pretty sure I spent about 40% of the school year having a holiday. Online School sucked but I didn't have it as bad as the Americans had (we didn't do zoom; they just gave us the lesson plan and we were teaching ourselves meaning I could do learning MY WAY aka doing it all at night.) BLM didn't hit Australia nearly as hard as it did America but then again I'm pretty sure half of it was just an excuse to riot/leave their homes for Americans who did participate. We didn't have a single rubber bullet or whatever? Our protests were pretty swag but honestly by the time of BLM Covid had already been kind of a joke already when it came to cases. Idk our police handled it properly and there was no big crazy cultural divide like there was in America.

The Elections also didn't effect me all that much either although, us in Australia did obviously pay a little bit of attention being friendly nations to one another and all although I know teens in America did get a weeeeee bit emotional about it.

The biggest downside for me personally was that the American entertainment industry (Hollywood) was stunted for the majority of the years, we got like 0 summer blockbusters (apart from like Sonic, Tenet, The Boys and WW1984.) or MCU movies and a ton of content that I was so excited to get for 2020 was pushed to 2021. HOWEVERRRR that simply means that I get double the movies next year (I even made a list of all the stuff I am excited for in order of anticipation.) although that covers 2021-2023 (not just next year.)

I think this year was the year I realised that at the end of the day you are the only person you should be working on. A lot of friends during covid just stopped talking to me and I think you learn who your real friends really are (Which is funny as I seem to be losing that loyalty more and more every day.) I did this year get out of the whole teenage 'blaming' process where you blame the world for your problems - I don't think that would've happened without covid and I think all of that part where you do lose yourself - at least for me completely changed me and now I am in more control of myself. This year alone I figured out a 14 year plan for myself (Economics, Job Security, etc etc.) and it feels amazing. . I don't have this big boulder over my shoulders where I get stressed about not knowing what I want to do in life because this year I found my purpose and that led to me figuring out quickly what career path to take. If you had of asked me a year or two ago my answers would've been so much worse but now I can say I am in control of my life. This year was great for me, this was the major struggle in my life that I was missing that bridges the difference between immaturity and responsibility - it feels great to of found that grip on life that I didn't quite have before and it also feels good to know you are always stepping forward in some way in your life, working towards these goals you hadn't even considered before. It feels amazing.

To end this off: I'm not trying to invalidate anyone else's shit year; I know some of you have family who have died during this all; I'm just trying to say that for me in particular this year couldn't of been any better (Well apart from the millions of deaths.) although I don't know anybody who has died from covid or even had covid personally.

Last edited:

Jason The Art Kid

Level 4
That's also correct that there can be a bias on what a person may have thought about the year, dependent on how their situation was in their given country or state even and their lifestyle, I kind of excluded other countries since America has really taken most of the blow I think and it has been in the main topic of discussion for the last few months.

Although I'm not much of a political person, I do come into conversations with some knowledge of what I have rather than to show that I have a lot of knowledge when I really don't. I'd must admit Americans given how they reacted to George Floyd and Brianna Taylor, I'd say the response they did in the streets was repulsive, going to the point of committing crimes like looting and and setting off explosives to buildings, vandalizing vehicles in parking lots and settings buildings up inflames, get this, that does not serve proper justice for death by killing others, destroying expensive buildings, apartments, and personal homes and allowing people to be homeless in that matter.

There was also instances where people wouldn't obliged for a healthier experience around America in 2020, by not wearing a simple cloth over their mouth when going to public places, and getting mad when they are confronted about the regulation that they are suppose to follow for a heathier lifestyle in the midst of a pandemic.

honestly, I have been having asthma for the majority of my life and I have even been exposed to getting second hand smoke, and not ever has it been hard to wear a mask or some sort of shield over or in front of a mouth. I don't have the right to say to people who have respiratory problems that they should wear a mask, if it genuinely causes problems to their breathing. But in most of these instances it has been people who are arrogant into always thinking that the virus is fake and want to have a "better" America, when in actuality, they are showing the worst parts in their home country and spreading disease further in their homeland .

I think as if America has thought that they've been insanely prepared, then this pandemic would've been non existent at this point of time.

Of course it can differ for people, this may have been the greatest year of all time (to me i think it has), or one of the wonkiest years yet to some. I heard and seen about this years events in the US and said that this is why the year has been so wonky and shitty, and I don't think that's fair anymore to say and generalize that the year was just flat out terrible, when it was probably the best time for anybody besides myself or theirs.

I'd also like to hear about people's experiences throughout this year, and not just remotely the US. If that is the forums allows us to be tiny bit political in by means of informing us about what we experienced. Not in a bad atrocious way where it goes to a point where there is a feud going down in a single thread, that is not the point of sharing these with each other.

And I like how we share experiences in this way and It's digestible and there isn't any unnecessary offensive words being thrown at or name calling by what a person said that differs from yours or anybody's. Remember, no one is going to think exactly what you think and that's completely okay to anyone who wants to share their experiences of 2020 here, honestly, no one should judge a persons opinion of a bias on something that completely differs from them and their experience, if they have not had proper experience with a persons own experience and have their thinking of ****ysis of their bias. There shouldn't be an empowerment over another, and If I see replies like this one, then I'd be in for a treat to type out my thoughts more than I did in English class on that in this manner. That was a great insight on how it was for you in Australia, I'd love to hear more like this from anybody! :D

Users who are viewing this thread