mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted My Language Arts Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilyana

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): soccer3player
Previous bans: No bans, just a kick for accidentally using an emoticon in a chat when I began playing. My apologies for that as well.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
I do understand the majority of the answers found in the role-play documents.

Describe your activity on the server:
I play as a student, and is very interested in becoming a teacher to help out with the progression of the students, and the server.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
I do not have TeamSpeak3, but I do have other ways to chat with people such as Hangouts.

Do you have a microphone?
I do own a microphone.

List your current and past applications:
I have no past applications.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I wish to help the server move along with their classes and make it more realistic, as well as allow the students who would like to play for the enjoyment of school role-play, to have more options than the few provided.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
I have read the megathread for the teachers, and fully wrapped my head around the concept of what a teacher truly means, and all branch threads that follow the megathread.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
I have read this thread, and do thereby pledge to be the best I can to help the students as much as possible, to help them reach their maximum learning capacity.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
I have read the faculty handbook thread, and although I am sidetracking a bit, I was struck by the page stating leadership. I promise to set a great example, as well as showing others great benefits that come with education.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
Due to me wanting to become a Language Arts teacher I would take the class to the Imperial College in London, to watch the Great Debate and learn more argumentative strategies.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
I will explain my rules through a list;
1) All students must sit in a chair, if all seats are empty, they must sit on the floor
2) In order to get a good grade, the student must participate and make themselves noticeable like they want to be here.
3) They must not shout or talk inappropriately in class

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
My previous experience is by being class assistant, and felt like it would be nice to run a class by myself.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
1) Teacher
2) Vice Principal
3) Principal
(I'm sorry I do not 100% fully understand this question.)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
I do understand how to get there, where it is located, and that I have read it.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I would change the activity of teachers and students. I believe that outside of school the teachers can be more interactive with the students. This way students can feel more comfortable in class, and not be scared to talk to the teachers outside of school.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
In game, the I understand that the teachers can not have much of a bonding friendship with the students, due to them being a figure of authority, so what if some teachers were set boundaries? But anyways, out of school I find that to actually be a different case, so that is why I bring this up, but I also understand that there is more to help out with rather than improve, so these are merely ideas based on my real life experience.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
The teachers on the server can create more activity in the school, from two interviews with other peers, I have gotten quite the same answer from my own, if the server has more teachers, the classes will be increased, therefore more activity will be increased.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Starting from the bottom level, peer wise, the secretaries, and such rank lowest, from student interaction.

Second would be the teacher, because of them teaching the classes and handling the students.
Third would be the Vice Principal, due to that high level authority and responsibility, they carry when the owner isn't on.

And the most important would be the Principal, due to their position in running the school, and laying down the rules.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
I am not sure, although, I will try my best to fully understand.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she/he look like? What makes her/him unique and different? What is her/him outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her/his personality like? What is her/his plan for the future?
The character I will be playing will be a German teacher with blonde hair, blue and green eyes, and a formal dress most of the time. She cares deeply about the education of the students she teaches, and loves to write. Her name is Lilyana, and she hopes to become an author in the future. She addresses all other teachers as formally as her position allows, and tries her best to get along with everyone she encounters. Although she does not have many rules to run the class, she believes in freedom of the creative mind, and most of her homework assignments will include writing, as she is a writing language arts teacher.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Due to the gang being hosted in the school, I would temp ban them for a half hour and gradually make the punishment worse if they don't respect the punishment. If the gang is committing FailRP, I will temp ban those delinquents with a worse punishment than the others, or ban them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would get a higher authority to help out, if any repercussions I take do not work.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
I would act more relaxed, but still poised, as there would be no students to take care of, but other teachers to chat with.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
I participate as much as possible.
I help out with anything a teacher might need.
I formally address any sort of higher authority by Ma'am or sir, unless told otherwise.
I ask for extra credit work.
I always hand back homework assignments when given.

BACKSTORY

/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words. Remove this comment after posting.*/

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details
Personally I was born from a German and Japanese decent, making my first and second languages being German and Japanese. Later I had learned English after spending time in London to watch the Great Debate.
I have a creative mind, and I wish for every student to express themselves through writing, and every time they come to class I can show them every tip, on how to improve their writing, argumentatively, narratively, and their grammar.

Full Name: Lilyana Opal Kemsworth
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs. Lilyana
Given Name(s): Lilyana Opal Kemsworth
Preferred Name: Lilyana

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: German
Current Location: Japan due to the location of the school

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): Four years
Working Experience (# of years): Eight years

Academic Degree: Masters Degree