mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted My P.E. Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): PatrickKilledJFK (I'm changing it to DrEdgeLord when I get the chance)
Previous bans: One for Powergaming, and one for hacking. I have learned my mistakes from both of these bans and I will never do it again.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I do understand the roleplay documents

Describe your activity on the server: I haven't been able to come on lately because of standardized testing but now, I am able to come on a lot more often. So probably around 4-5 hours.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No, I don't.

Do you have a microphone? Yes, I do.

List your current and past applications: Ban appeal DENIED
Ban Appeal ACCEPTED

What is your motivation for applying?: Kids these days are always inside playing on their electronic devices, and they don't realize how important physical health is and how it can impact the human body. So I want to teach them how important physical health can be, like how it can affect your weight, size, and overall appearance.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes, I have read the teacher code of conduct and the faculty handbook.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? I would plan it out, ask the principal if he approves of it, and ask other teachers if they would like to help chaperone.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class: Never leave the room without a Teacher or an Adult that is working in the school to watch the students whenever you have to leave the classroom, Be respectful to one another, don't make distractions, and don't curse and don't be provocative.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
Well, In real life, I do play a lot of sports and I'm actually a manager for my school's basketball team. I also tutor kids in basketball and other sports, and finally, I am currently getting an A+ in Physical Health.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)

Qualified Teacher (QT)

Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, I have read and understood the megathread.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I would make class fun for everyone yet serious at the same time, for example: if someone is not listening to me obviously they will be punished but, if they are being good then no one gets in trouble and we can keep playing the game and having a good time, simple.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in-game aren't that specific with the topic of that subject, while Teachers out-of-game they teach more specific stuff than online. A Teacher's purpose is to teach students what they need to know. Teachers get paid 200 thousand yen a year from working at a school. Teachers out and in-game both teach the same way, boring and hard. While these lessons are boring and hard it still teaches you about the stuff that you need and want to learn. Teachers can also teach in a fun way for example: let's say they're teaching you on a website like kahoot or brainpop those would be considered fun. While these might seem fun the students are also learning at the same time, so it's basically a win-win situation, the students have fun and you teach.What Teachers do on their spare time is that they go out to eat, read a book, hang out in their apartment, and they can plan for their next lesson.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Teachers are important to SchoolRP servers because, In schools there are teachers, and what do teachers do? Teach, so basically what I'm trying to say is without Teachers, no student would get a proper education there for making that school, not even a real school.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee -
A Trainee is a Teacher in training, which can not teach a class but, they can observe the class and write down notes on how to be a Teacher.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) -
An NQT or a Newly Qualified Teacher can now start classes but, they need permission from a higher rank of Teacher such as HD (Head of department.)

Qualified Teacher - The Qualified Teacher start classes and teach classes, but they have to contact other teachers about the class.

Head of Department (HD) -
A Head of Department is the top of the lesson and teachers, they can start classes and teach classes. They also give out lesson plans that the other Teachers don't have to follow but they'll need to follow the important part/parts of the lesson.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCO (Must Have, Should Have, Could Have.)

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would start off by giving them one warning, then if they proceed to curse and swear I would give them a detention and if they skip that detention then I would tell the principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would yell at them "Quiet down, if you keep up this talking you'll all be written up by the end of this class."

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? My character would act like a pretty happy guy, he'll make jokes here and there, but he'll also be planning on what he could do for his next class and he'll also work on grades for the students in the teacher's lounge.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me grabs a whistle pocket and blows it to get the student's attention
/me starts stretching routine with the class
/me hands out pinnies to the students to play soccer
/me gets health exams and hands it out to the students
/me shows the students how to properly kick the soccer ball

BACKSTORY

As a young boy Edge was always into sports especially basketball, his favorite player was Allen Iverson, he wanted to be just like him! He practiced every day to be like him, he practiced dribbling, shooting, and passing. He would do these non-stop every day, eventually, he decided to sign up for his middle school team, but once he went to the tryouts he totally blew it, he choked he kept missing layups, shots, everything! After the tryouts Edge sat alone in the gym waiting for everyone to leave so he can be alone and just cry, but then his P.E. teacher walked up to him and said: "what's a matter?" Edge looked up and said, "I choked during the tryouts..." the P.E. Teacher said "Well you can't just sit around mope around when you can be out there training for the next tryout" Edge hesitated to tell him "Well I do that every day but I have no one to practice with.." the P.E. teacher grabbed his shoulder and said "I can help." Edge smiled and said "Okay," the coach told him to meet him tomorrow after school in the gym.

Edge did do that, every day eventually he found himself have a great bond with his P.E. Teacher, but one day something tragic happened Edge came into school late that day so he went to his class, but everyone was gone he checked everywhere but then he heard noise from the gymnasium so he went in there. There was a big banner of the P.E. teachers face and he was confused why would the P.E. Teachers face up there but then he kept listening eventually he heard the principal say "Sadly Mr.Ozoki (The P.E. Teacher) passed away in a car crash last night, may us all have a moment of silence for him..." The second Edge heard those words he ran out crying after a couple days of mourning he knew what Mr.Ozoki would want him to do, he would want him to train hard and be the best that he could but then he heard a knock he answered the door to get a note from a guy with a note from Mr.Ozoki It said: "Edge, You were one of my greatest students and if you're reading this I'm dead, I just want you to know pass on my wisdom, pass it on to your kids, and your kids, and your kids kids kids kids, anyways.... I'll miss you, I hope our souls come to meet again - Mr.Ozoki."
Edge had a change of plans instead of being an NBA player he wanted to be a P.E. Teacher to spread Mr.Ozoki's wisdom to others, So he studied hard into Physical Education and Health and eventually got a master's degree for it. Sure he didn't get to be in the NBA but he did it for Mr.Ozoki.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Edge Star
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Edge, Ryan, Frank.
Preferred Name: Edge

Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Tokyo, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 8
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Master Degree in physical education and health

Year of Graduation: 2009
Major(s): Physical education and health
Minors: Literature

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: P.E.

Additional notes about your application (if any): No nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread