players online

Denied Naishoten's Lore Team Application!~

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
IGN: Naishoten

List your Discord name and tag (name#0000): raesins (#0001)

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via Discord? I certainly do have a microphone, I also enjoy talking with others as long as I don't get overwhelmed.

Your time zone and current country of residence: United States Central Time zone.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team? Yep, I understand that!

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
I work a full-time job so I am not available most days of the week during the morning and afternoon. I am however available most weekends and most evenings.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
My passion for writing stemmed from my love of the Magic Tree House books. The way that the world was created made such a lovely story in my mind as a kid. From then on I would go on to write stories and roleplays of my own. Over time this passion grew and I wanted to take it to my friends and family. So I started to play D&D. I would create worlds that had detailed lore and stories of great heroes.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I often spend time writing lore and stories for D&D games that I like to run for my friends. I love to make stories for all sorts of things, no matter how big or small they may be in the overall storyline.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the background, story, or history of a person, place, or thing.

#1: THE NERDS! (340 words 1,820 characters)
Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is).

It was a foggy night with a slight chill in the wind. A distant storm was rolling in and the thunder rumbled in its musical symphony of baritone wonder. A group of four kids was congregated in a musty basement with only candlelight keeping them from the shadows. This ambiance was exactly what they desired with the dark magic that they would commit that night.

At the head of the table sat a hooded figure, their cloak was drenched with a deep purple color. The light from the candle barely lit up the bottom of their face allowing only their mouth to be seen. The cloaked figure held a thick tomb of great power and magic lost to most who saw it as the practice of those who are erudite.

In front of each member of the table lay a few stones of various shapes carved with symbols of great power. Not only did they have these stones but, each had a poppet in the likeness of some ancient creatures of old. They all then begin to move the poppets across a map on the table. The cloaked figure at the head of the table then reaches into the box next to him on the table and pulls out a model of a dragon, sets it in front of the four poppets, and blurts out.

"Roll for initiative!"

All figures at the table take one of the rounder stones that they have and roll it before reading out the number that appeared at the top after it was rolled. The cloaked figure smiles and laughs manically.

"It appears the dragon goes first." He says with a smug grin on his face. The cloaked figure then takes ten of these stones of his own and rolls them and then counts the numbers on them.

"It appears you all have died to the dragon's flame breath . . ." Said the cloaked figure.

The rest of the members of the table sigh and knock over the poppets while the dragon model stands tall above them.

#2 Pain of a brother. (322 Words 1,888 characters)
Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get.

Just next to the bridge of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery is a face carved into the stone with a bowl sitting below it. This mysterious figure that is carved into the stone has a story. Many may know of Karakura's Kami Chiharu-Yamatsumi, but, what of her brother?

Long ago were to Yokai, brother and sister. These two Yokai would cause a great deal of mischief in the woods of Karakura. However as time went on the sister grew to be loved by many of Karakura. Though her brother was forgotten and neglected, this neglect caused great pain to the young Yokai.

Chiharu-Yamatsumi over time grew more powerful as she became the Kami of Karakura. Her brother on the other hand only became angrier over time. However, he was not completely forgotten by all. There was a select few who felt that Chiharu-Yamatsumi's brother should be the true Kami of Karakura. Because of this, they worshipped him as such. This worship gave him more power than he originally had as just a Yokai, so he used this power to cause pain and suffering to those who did not worship him.

Fights broke out between the Chiharu-Yamatsumi and her Yokai brother, this caused natural disasters to strike Karakura regularly. These fights would test Karakuras' love for their beloved Kami. During this time those who worshipped her brother were able to recruit more followers of the Yokai giving him more power to further assist in causing disaster to strike Karakura, this tested the patience of those who worshipped Chiharu-Yamatsumi.

Over time though Karakura's belief in Chiharu-Yamatsumi won out and the Kami grew even more powerful than her brother. This great power caused her to defeat him in a way that he had to go into hiding.

Though Chiharu-Yamatsumi's brother's name has been lost to time, there are those who still worship him. Thus his offering spot has been memorialized in the Monastery next to the bridge.

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, it was decided to deny your application.
Factors for your denial are listed below:​
  • Your first prompt had a good hook, but the story was quickly drawn to an end.​
  • The second prompt felt underwhelming, with no build-up to the events.​
  • Make sure to work on the storytelling aspect of the writing, as opposed to relaying details of the event.​
  • Do not fear the word limit, as that led to a decrease of detail in the prompts.​

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread