mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

'Nameplate' Update acessability

IGN:
Beetleeater
DATE:
1/10/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
This is more specific to me and I'm not sure if anyone else will have the same issues as me, but as someone who's mentally disabled the new nameplates that come before your name in ooc, looc and such; personally I would appreciate it if there could be a more 'simplified' version, not in the main pack but just one with a little coloured dot instead of the name plate before someone's name! I have issues focusing on chat as it is with all the colours; and disabling colours in settings doesn't seem to work so just having this option available could be extremely helpful to me and other people who may struggle from sensory processing disorders or other ocular disabilities!

Currently i've had to downgrade the pack because of this issue and it could possibly prevent me from accessing future updates, which if new emergency service items are introduced I won't be able to see.

I don't expect this to go anywhere, but I just want to put this out there for me and other people possibly with ocular disabilities! Though I do understand the difficulties with changing the texturepack, I just want to ensure the community is as inclusive as possible.

1664633037129.png

Lizalopod

Level 130
Perhaps there could be a toggle for it with commands that changes how it's displayed as to not activate the tags

Thank you for bringing this issue up! +1

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

It would be helpful for those who struggle to focus with so many colours in chat do by making some sort of toggle would be helpful, I myself will probably struggle with all the colours and focusing so I think this is a good idea

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

Why is this feature even necessary... it just clusters chat, I say remove it entirely. (And distracting)

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

Why is this feature even necessary... it just clusters chat, I say remove it entirely. (And distracting)
In my opinion it makes chat look way better, but that's my opinion anyways

I don't really think a toggle to switch between them would be too hard to implement but we'll have to see

moved2paws2

Level 6
In my opinion it makes chat look way better, but that's my opinion anyways

I don't really think a toggle to switch between them would be too hard to implement but we'll have to see
Thank you for still supporting me regardless! I Totally get that the aesthetics can be different to different people!

Naturally I do find it too cluttering, and I was looking for a way to disable nicknames without messing things up with Lunar, because it removes the nicknames AND IC names :pain: because some people use too many colours... so that could be good! Personally, I'm more of a minimalist person and the colours just being random, despite hurting my eyes, doesn't work well to me anyway. Ofcourse again thats how I prefer my aesthetics!

<3 much lov

Hirathex

Level 252
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1

I think the tags are cute, but I already have a hard enough time focusing as it is and this doesn't help. Having an option for it to be toggled would be cool

Angry

Level 31
GrrAngry
GrrAngry
Omega+
+1.. I just don't think the nametags look as professional anymore. They're too bright in my opinion and look too unfitting.

You all did a great job making them, but it just doesn't fit for what ooc and looc are..Don't get me wrong, it's super cute and all.. But my point still stands, it looks REALLY cluttered.

barbs

Level 9
+1
the nameplates are far too flashy and call more attention to OOC chat than IC chat, i liked the old simplicity

moved2paws2

Level 6
I noticed since I made this post, that nameplates have been added to the name bars above people's heads [?]
I don't have the updated pack to help my eyes, but can someone confirm?

If so, ouchie. Obviously this is my opinion but I thought we got rid of ages to keep things neat?
Corrections appreciated! Please reply with your thoughts!

Lizalopod

Level 130
I noticed since I made this post, that nameplates have been added to the name bars above people's heads [?]
I don't have the updated pack to help my eyes, but can someone confirm?

If so, ouchie. Obviously this is my opinion but I thought we got rid of ages to keep things neat?
Corrections appreciated! Please reply with your thoughts!
These nameplates should actually specify whether a player is AFK or not, they aren't ages iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread