players online

New Gangrp rules!! thoughts?

stylishcamo

Level 9
Tostjle
Tostjle
Omega+
MY OPINION ABOUT THE NEW GANGRP RULES
The new rule about you can't shatter knee caps when you have minors is AMAZING like im a gangrper and i already broken like at least 20+ kneecaps in the start of december and i forgot that it lacks lore, even with the long context icly it lacks lore as well its really easy to do so like just approuched them with a metal bat and slam the bat onto the knee and if won then knee cap shattered, its quite easy to do and i forgot that if you have a shattered knee cap, you'll be in the hospital for AWHILE like 2 days but still, getting minors is easy even getting motive so i think this is fine, as well the new rules for pwp being you can't just "Yo pass 5k" or not you'll get beat up so fair changes.

But the part that i got concerned is the majors, i mean im fine with it but the at least 50% 50% split from its reactions, people liked the new rules and people HATED the rules like my first impression of the new rules was like "NEW RULES SH*T" but when i thought about it, its decent since its going to be more lorebased really, as well with good motive and lore for taking a limb or carving it but the reason why it concered me is the gangrp community, since taking limbs was a BIG BIG BIG part of gangrp to like show your skills but lately that wasn't the case. Gangrp is now different and this is what i call "A NEW ERA OF GANGRP" since not a lot of the new gen gangrpers bothered by it, its mostly the old gens but a few of them didnt liked it but from what i've based from, just a new era of gangrp...

I WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPININION ABOUT GANGRP AND TELL IF I MISSED SOMETHING SINCE THIS IS SOME OF THE THINGS I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE NEW RULE CHANGES

Last edited:

Mialyansa

Level 63
This is going to majk fight within non criminal characters more common as permbaiting is not gonna be that scary anymore. I really want to see characters face more realistic repercusions like broken bones, instead of losing a limb out of the blue.

This will also force gangs to interact oocly to tackle lore or consequences. I believe that the most lore aligned gangs within the violent aspect of crimerp will be the ones who use more consented limb permissions, as they are more into the gang rp for the story than for the well being of characters.

In the end gangrp is being carried by lore based gangs and cults. I hope that permbased gangs finally are done with and that the new era takes over once and for all

stylishcamo

Level 9
Tostjle
Tostjle
Omega+
This is going to majk fight within non criminal characters more common as permbaiting is not gonna be that scary anymore. I really want to see characters face more realistic repercusions like broken bones, instead of losing a limb out of the blue.

This will also force gangs to interact oocly to tackle lore or consequences. I believe that the most lore aligned gangs within the violent aspect of crimerp will be the ones who use more consented limb permissions, as they are more into the gang rp for the story than for the well being of characters.

In the end gangrp is being carried by lore based gangs and cults. I hope that permbased gangs finally are done with and that the new era takes over once and for all
Dude- thats what im sayinnnnnn, new era might be better than the old era

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
Change is good. Without it, things get stale, and boring.

That having been said, conflict is normal. The fact that it escalated so fast into cutting off limbs just because you were knocked out is not. In fact, it's insane. Only insane people could justify that. Literally.

Miamorchito

Level 22
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
Overall, I think that the rule is quite good for GangRP. The "Justification" of removing limbs was kind of absurd before the change, making people be less active in combat situations as they were afraid of losing an essential part of their body just because of a fight. Keeping it real, the changes addressed are not perfect, as many of us can tell, but is a right step towards something better than before. The only thing I can really argue against this new rule is the breaking bones passing to majors instead of keeping it minors since I believe the repercussion of a broken bone is not that big of a deal (4 Days sure, but no permanent damage to your character), I still see some of the reasons why they changed it, which for my perspective seems reasonable.

If GangRP is gonna be better or not, that is a thing that will need to be seen. For what I understand about this, the gang leaders, usually the people with the most experience in this, had talked and agreed upon this. Opinions and logic are one thing, but for me experience is a huge factor for taking decision, and I trust that the gang leaders are experienced enough to provide the best outcome for everyone, both GangRPers and non-GangRPers.

Kxunn

Level 2
Kxunn
Kxunn
Rich+
The new rules are good, though I think there should be a perm inbetween Major Assault and KPS. Like, if someone executed Major Assault permissions on your character that would give you permissions to execute the old Major Assault Permissions. I'm really excited about the new meta though, which is DRIVE BY NAGIS!

I personally can't wait to cut across people's tendons or see it happening while Major Assault is being done.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
As an ex gangrper who has been since the start-ish of my SRP life and recently quit like two years or so ago, I feel like this change is needed. I have been relying on my gangrp 'instincts' to get out of trouble in factions, for instance, Faculty, I was scared to call KPD because of a situation and I wouldn't be on duty, as I knew people would do it just for the sake of activity or to boost their gangrp egos. (There were instances of them just attempting to use perms when I had my phone out near them, of course, got voided)

I am all up for now lore-based gangrp as I always thought it was, I used to be in gangs that went for lore, it was so low amount of them as 90% of gangs were just perms, activity, KOing, and sometimes perm-baiting to get them that activity build. With this change there may be a possibility of me getting back into gangrping. But that may change depending on the people who are on board of the rules and not-so-much gang wise as I feel like lore is a good way to go, IMO at least

bheom

Level 54
Helper
Event Team
bheom
bheom
Omega+
honestly coming from someone who used to wanna do all the RAAAAH MAJOORRRSS RUHH NO EYEBAWLS its honestly a good update for rules, its more realistic and gives like more fun to the roleplay

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
It was a necessary change, that's for sure. But I still personally think they are a bit too harsh, locking it behind having to join a UVG or VG. But locking it behind these requirements also brings good so. It kind of equals each other out.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I have strong opinions about the new gangRP rules.

I think this will pave a way for a new era of gangRP, one with more creative situations, more lore based attacks and not just attacking because you have permissions and motive. A lot of gangRPers who focus solely on permissions will probably end up quitting, which is probably going to result in a less toxic community.

I have a lot of worries regarding this change though. The rules are already confusing as it is, there are no written rules about motive, everyone has different ideas of what motive truly is. The lack of rules being written down, and the addition of new rules is going to confuse so many people, heck I'm confused and I agree with the majority of the new rule changes. The rule change also entirely made a lot of weapons useless, e.g. Katanas are basically the new 2022 naginatas. And it's introduced the new meta of drive by stabbings- WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT OF DRIVE BY STABBINGS!? WHY!? Anyway. I also fear that KPD is going to become gradually more and more inactive over the next year due to these changes. Players are going to be running and stabbing a lot less and I'll be completely honest, quota is going to be a lot more difficult to come by with these new rules. Especially since lesser and lesser players will have illegal weaponry on them now because their essentially useless now. Also - what will this mean for bears? Yes KPD complained a lot about bear calls being too frequent but it wasn't because we disliked them, it was because we were sick of our officers being majored by bears. Now, KPD won't get majored by bears as much, but players won't get attacked as frequently, which means lesser calls for us and less silly billy situations to deal with. People are going to get more creative now, but there are a limit on ideas, and as we've seen from the decline of actually interesting gangs and just revive gangs and perm oriented gangs, ideas are getting slimmer and slimmer.

However, I personally, am working on a gang, and I think the new change of the permissions is going to be beneficial to the gang I am working on. Also when I do end up opening this gang, I think it might give some new ideas to gang leads, and future gang leads on what people might be looking for in gangs.

All together the new changes to permissions are good, but also may give a massive decline in jobs (BMD, KPD etc) as they'll be less people buying weapons and less people to arrest. It will also add to the current massive decline in gangRP. But hey, people are gonna get creative? Hopefully, we're just gonna have to wait around and see what happens.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
o7 GangRP, unfortunate the new gens couldn't experience old gangrp and all the GOATed gangs back then, unlucky for the people who are recently joining, picked a bad time to start. Need Im6 back, he lead the crime faction forward and didn't push it backwards anyways bye bye this account gon be gone within an hour probs
by goated gangs do you mean bonten running around stabbing everyone or do you mean Akihito? Because as far as I'm aware the old gangs were all permissions oriented and based off the one singular anime every gangRPer has watched (proud to say I haven't watched it) and were in simple terms just duplicates of each other. I think why you miss old gangRP is because it was actually exciting. We had gang wars, we had conflict, but now all we have are flash events of people getting a little too silly and flooding KPD. With the new change I believe there may be more creativity and heck, maybe a gang war or two since I haven't seen one of them in almost 2 years. But the old gangs from my experience were just copies of each other based off one weird anime that from the clips I've seen is just some emo kids getting into fights. The only really good gang from my time was probably Akihito, since there was actually lore there and it wasn't just stabby stabby you knocked me out now u have no legs L bozo.

Mialyansa

Level 63
With the new change I believe there may be more creativity and heck, maybe a gang war or two since I haven't seen one of them in almost 2 years.
I would really want to see a gang war happening. There are almost no verified gangs at the moment so it may well be the right moment for a gang war.
However i am ignorant of whether new gangs are ready or want a bit more of development within their own story.

Miamorchito

Level 22
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
With the new change I believe there may be more creativity and heck, maybe a gang war or two since I haven't seen one of them in almost 2 years.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a war that happened by ends of December 2023 and January 2024 with Black Dragons and other gangs? I heard a lot about that and also that they recently ended the war, like, recently recently.

ThatBurningFox

Level 7
ThatBurningFox
ThatBurningFox
Omega+
I was a huge advocate for the change (in SOME form). Really happy to see it become reality; the change is more than warranted.

In my eyes, there is literally nothing negative about this change. It means more conflict can spew with people being less afraid OOC of stupid escalation. It means no more limb loss being NORMAL and frequent (which is just, absurd IMO) yet it does not completely remove it from existence. How? Simple: you can still remove limbs. You just need PLAYER CONSENT, which means it becomes far more narrative focused and based on what's actually APPROPRIATE escalation wise - it RESPECTS characters and still allows for conflict to occur, discouraging perm hungry behaviour.

Genuinely. I LOVE THIS CHANGE SO MUCH. NEW ERA, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

ErikFinster

Level 122
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I sadly had barely meaningful GangRP encounters.
Most interactions were just people begging for 5k yen in the streets and adding some threats.
One scammer selling a bamboo stick for 20k yen and just walking away with the money.
And students randomly throwing punches at my character in school and rolling very poorly.

My ALT account character once saw masked people enter the hospital and called the police.
Three masked people came into the Family Store and knocked them over the head the very next day.
They brought them to the sewers, cut off their limb with an axe, and disappeared. No further context.

It was nice because of the novelty of the situation, but sadly there was little to nothing to connect this incdent with the story of the character afterwards.
If these new rules encourage Gang/CrimeRP with a heavier focus on lore and personal history and relationships, that would be amazing.

I would very much look forward to more engaging and CrimeRP moments, that connect with my characters on a more personal level!

bheom

Level 54
Helper
Event Team
bheom
bheom
Omega+
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a war that happened by ends of December 2023 and January 2024 with Black Dragons and other gangs? I heard a lot about that and also that they recently ended the war, like, recently recently.
Those wars were mainly fought without much background to them; knocking eachother out like it's highschool jocks fighting over someone and allying right in the end. They were kind of just knocking each other out for the activity gain, it wasn't as like lore developed and ongoing- not as fun in a creative way but just something not everyone sought interest to. A war would be something most people would find interesting and more vile in a way

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
I say we just add a dojo so people can start Karaterping like in cobra kai so we can have an icly cobra kai where then we can bet on fights like fight club (whats fight club?? cough cough f1f4 dont kps me pls) so like it'd be ufnny because we just slap a dojo in and start doing some awesome karaterp where we then have rivarly's icly over karate like cobrate kai

Users who are viewing this thread