Leo_14

Level 33
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: Leo_14
What's the title of your suggestion?: New role/faction - Ranger

What's your suggestion?:
My suggestion is the introduction of a new faction, possibly called the Ranger faction.

As we know bears and other animals within the forest sometimes get a little out of control, either by their natural instincts of going after people... or by being aggravated by people intruding the cave!

My idea is, so that less of this happens a new faction is released known as the ranger faction! How it will work is there witll be another small section of huts/cabins made OR one big hut made within the forest for the rangers to be housed/reside within, the rangers will be a role restricted like EMS to the forest however they will get 20 or so however oocly hours a week outside the forest!

The rangers will be within the cabin and when called upon through either a phone number or someone physically running to the range people can go to request help instead of calling the police. which can take a really long time in some instances.

Furthermore the rangers can have side objectives like feeding the animals within the forest, taking care of them. Along with protecting them from poachers! or people who try to hunt the bears or fight them etc.

Roles/ranks
The ranger role for me I think should be of a orange colour, and will have the roster going up in ranks like KPD

- Ranger-cadet (new rangers)
- Ranger
- Sergeant ranger
- Major Ranger
- Captain Ranger

how will quota work?
quota can be gained by nurturing a animal
being on patrol
maintaining the forest
taking in reports
attending to the wounded
+more if you can think of any

What items will they be given?
-tranquilizer gun
-handcuffs to possibly detain those hunting bears until KPD arrive
-muzzles to put on bears (a temporary muzzle not to go on 24/7)
+more if you can think of any adequate gear

summary
- Role of ranger/faction introduced
- given a cabin in the forest to be stationed in
- a set of tasks from taking care of bears, protecting people from the animals if something happens, protecting the bears along with maintenance of the forest itself
- they would be able to roll 175 due to possibly conflicts with those fighting the bears, but they are not KPD so not 200
- Temporary detainment to those needed until KPD take over if its a kpd situation
- Able to give onsite EMS but it isn't as good as what a doctor/paramedic could do
- given alternate phone number to KPD at the entrances to the forest
+MORE IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANY LMK!

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I believe this will benefit the community by enabling for a deeper role-play experience within the forest, it will also offer a alternate type of RP to being in EMS or KPD the main factions as it will be somewhat similar to KPD in terms of dealing with people, only when it comes to detaining people attacking bears etc. however it will offer a more zoo/environmental related role which hasn't been seen in SRP before.

It will also offer up a new way to view the forest as people may have more reason to go to it to just purely interact with the rangers or to possibly RP their character as a environmental nurturer and to take the paths into wanting to become a Ranger!

AirconUnit

Level 90
-1 KPD are technically the "Rangers" at the moment, I'm -1'ing this as I don't think there is any plans for new factions anytime soon.

meloqzn

Level 8
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+

this type of faction, if introduced, would be the walking personification of niche, a whole faction to deal with animals seems very insignificant especially when KPD/EMS already exist with their duties aligning to deal with this typa stuff

Joe.exe

Level 50
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
A faction that only operates in the forest?
Well, that doesn't sound very interesting.

kustomzero

Level 144
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
-1 KPD deals with these things. Therefore this faction would be useless. If you're suggesting to add a department within the KPD then maybe but then again- the KPD as a whole deal with these things.

windswake

Level 31
Helper
kingdomtears
kingdomtears
Omega
As most have stated, KPD & the Veterinarian department (within EMS) have the more 'bear maintenance' side handled; and I don't believe it's a glaring issue at the moment to have rangers. If you want to nurture animals/maintain the forest, you're free to create your own little community, much like the Church!

soratheonly

Level 75
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
I swear this was already suggested and denied, but as everyone has said, there is no need for this role. -1

maraa

Level 217
jvllyfsh
jvllyfsh
Omega
i honestly love the idea but then it's like.. KPD already does this, there's not that many bears or animals to deal with too, maybe if it was too much for KPD to handle then yeah, but that isn't the case

imgayforwomen

Level 113
downbadforeilish
downbadforeilish
Notable
we already have KPD for this. Making a new faction just undermines what they do, and it’s less of a point, especially comparing the animal playerbase and everyone else playerbase. How many animals are online at a time that we need a whole new faction for this…

And I’d also like to add. This. Is. SCHOOL. RP. Let’s keep most things revolved around the school. We already have enough factions outside of the school to make a good roleplay experience. This is the asme reason why we don’t have firefighters, simply because it’s not necessary.

Oliverium

Level 62
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
There is a rangers hut but adding the role will encourage people to annoy the bears, leading to more cases of failure to fearRP. Besides, bears and other animals aren't crazy active all the time, which will lead to boredom.

guj0000

Level 1
No designated use as of now; however, i think this would be a fun role in theory for an event. Sort of like how they do with other niche roles

Users who are viewing this thread