New RP tutorial?

RadicalRainbow

Level 10
radicalrainbow
radicalrainbow
Omega+
IGN: Radicalrainbow

DATE: 8/7/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I'd like to suggest a better roleplay tutorial for people who are brand new 'greenies'
Even though we do have a thread on the site and a current tutorial,
brand new players might not know or haven't seen anything on the server or even have discord, others might be lazy and not go to the thread.
instead of the small tutorial we have now it could be much better!
You could simply put a link to the said thread for new players but why do that when you can be more creative!! changing up the tutorial with an interactive npc! Giving them a positive experience on learning how to roleplay on the server. It'll also help that long going players do not have to teach new players how to, Which I've seen often happen especially from close friends.

for example-
NPC- use /ooc to talk out of character to everyone on the server. say 'hello everyone!!"
New Player- /ooc Hello everyone!
NPC- good job! you can also use /looc to talk to players out of character close by!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It would make it more fun and have more possible players join knowing there's an in-game tutorial that's enjoyable and easy to understand!

I hope posting another feedback thread isn't as negative as the last

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
There is already a tutorial if you do /spawn, which when you first join the server it'll take you through, but it could use updating in my opinion mentioning different commands etc.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
You can easily warp to SRP’s tutorial room using either /spawn or /warp tutorial. There you’re able to press buttons regarding different topics of SRP and it’ll give you a small insight/tutorial on how that thing works, as well as links to rules and guides for really everything. They even include how to become a part of different factions!

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL / +1
In my opinion, the current tutorial is rich in basic info that new players should know, but it is displayed in a rather unpleasant way. If I were a new player who just wanted to go on to roleplay, I would most likely skip some parts of it, and probably go through it again once I've been told off by staff for misusing IC chat. Maybe something could be set up so that players must go through an interactive tutorial that shows them how to get their RPName, description, and knowledge of how to use IC and LOOC going. However, this should only automatically pop up the first time they join. After that, they will be taken to something alike to what we have right now, with the option to go through the interactive tutorial again if they wish to

Nonetheless, I think this is a low-priority idea that should be left for the future

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

I don't think we need a new tutorial, I think the tutorial needs to be unskippable. . anyone can just right-click the sign (AND IT SPAWNS YOU NEXT TO IT.) Maybe add a basic amount of playtime that you need before warping to spawn (allowing enough time for players to read the tutorial). Orr, just make it so you CANT warp spawn until you collect your role at the end of the tutorial? This can be done with any permissions plugin, which the server obviously has.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

What yonio said basically! Though I doubt it would be a priority as the current one is fine enough. Adding a link to the forums guide would be good tho

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

The current one we have now is fine, but not all people are going to press a button to figure out what all the commands are. Having it displayed in chat like Yonio said and having certain buttons to press to 'mark' you read it. That could also just prevent people from leaving the spawn room right away

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1
This idea will help people get into the server easier. Even if its not necessary, it will be appreciated by everyone I believe.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
Im assuming, with a new room that new players wont be able to warp out in the first time it will be easier. . .I tried my best to help new players in the past and seems like people r really confused with looc&such.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
This is already in progress, we have a tutorial teacher at the back that is planned to speak to players directly

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your feedback!

- We're working on something like this with an NPC, animations, cutscenes, and more. More information will be added to the trello once we have all of the assets available.​

Users who are viewing this thread