IGN:
_BritishAutism_

DATE:
31/03/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A new sports team
- Archery

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
There is a a lot of sports teams on the server but not many interest all of the students. I suggest we add an archery team to the server, this is where you have a bow an arrow, and hit a target, it's quite a fun sport and is quite simple, it will also add a new type of sport to the list of sports students can choose from.
Being a part of a team and training others on how to be a part of archery would be fun for me to lead with another leader along side, but it would not just be fun for me but for other people who enjoy playing a part in the archery team too.
The team will teach students Archery, and safety tips on how to be careful with the bows and arrows, it will also give an activity to do during or after school hours.

If other plugins overlap the use of being able to use the bows, detailrp and the /roll system shall be used.

[IMAGES IF ANY]

Equipment
1648738482339.png

Sport

1648738469338.png

Uniforms
[The black will be blue or red depending on if you're a Spartan or a Bobcat.]
1648739017694.png
[I have a tailor ready to create the uniforms if accepted, and a sports discord prepared for the Archery teams.]

Last edited:

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Its an interesting idea, i'd definately love to see this, however, the sport features an element of range. If the bows used become a model in the future to be used by people or team members it would cause many problems with the combat side of the server, it would be difficult to implement permissions and rules with the bows and locking them off solely to sports usage would limit roleplaying ability and also cause dissagreement in the community with how such an item should be handled and what it would be allowed to do

Overall, Neutral on this one but with the complications i lean more towards a negative standing.

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
Its an interesting idea, i'd definately love to see this, however, the sport features an element of range. If the bows used become a model in the future to be used by people or team members it would cause many problems with the combat side of the server, it would be difficult to implement permissions and rules with the bows and locking them off solely to sports usage would limit roleplaying ability and also cause dissagreement in the community with how such an item should be handled and what it would be allowed to do

Overall, Neutral on this one but with the complications i lean more towards a negative standing.
I think depending on how people RP with this, I might have to add some form of material on the arrows to lower the chances of people using this to combatRP. Thank you for your response though!

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
How will it work? Just with a bunch of /mes and rolling right? Because shooting a real bow seems impossible right? Wouldn’t it interfere with the rh command

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
there are multiple reasons why this wouldn't work. as customable said, It would interfere with the current plugins that utilize arrows to function: Basketball, Baseball, and Dodgeball. Along with that, this wouldn't be very easy to monitor or set guidelines for since you're just shooting arrows at a certain target, anyone can succeed in this activity and I don't really see it as a competitive "sport" and more of a small fun plugin to pass the time. Another is there is really nowhere on the map or in Karakura that would fit Archery because it just doesn't match the current setting of the town's lore or just the town overall, if anything i see dodgeball getting added over this because it just makes more sense. Not a lot of detail and notable potential that this sport can bring was mentioned in this post either which i do recommend doing so staff can see that you're more sure of your suggestion than it being a random idea you came up with and just hurried to make a suggestion, not saying you did it just seems like it. So overall just a -1 from me.

Lizalopod

Level 130
neutral

Bows are being used for other plugins, and therefore their texture is invisible, but it is an interesting concept and it could definitely be roleplayed. Im just a bit concerned with how bows would be allowed, god forbid they're made into actual weapons

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
If this is accepted, I suggest that the people on the team KNOW that they CAN NOT use their team equipment for combatrp (bows and such) because they would have the upper hand on others because they could legit just stand where they are and shoot an arrow into someone's leg or something, which I think is kind of unfair? I'm not sure, I don't combatrp, hahaha! I used to do archery in primary school. If this sport is recognized, I can envision a lot of events based on it.

I hope the folks who are giving their -1 really mention WHY instead of just giving it a -1 because, it's ideal for people to go into more depth explaining why, so if their problem is something that can easily be solved, then sure. This is, of course, not directed against those who explained why.

But I agree with Gemi on the bow being utilized for other plugins such as /am, and I'm not sure how a plugin would be made for them to really use the bows, considering we currently have three teams centered on pure detailrp. Cheer, swim, and Track. I don't believe another team dedicated just to detail rp is required. Polar also made some valid arguments, such as basketball being utilized with the bow and such, as well as the lore and space for this particular team. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic concept, but its odds of getting approved are limited.

so this suggestion is a +0.5 / -0.5 for me

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Interesting but wouldn't work.

Bows are already used for the baseball plugin, being the original Minecraft bow texture invisible and I believe it would be unable to be used;
School Teams are already having a hard time keeping their rosters completed and one more team is really not needed at the moment;

Teikko

Level 7
Teikko
Teikko
Notable
This would be cool, but you're forgetting one thing... YOU'RE GIVING GANGRPERS RANGED WEAPONS!

Sorry but this gotta be a -1

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
This would be cool, but you're forgetting one thing... YOU'RE GIVING GANGRPERS RANGED WEAPONS!

I think just not having a bow outside the place would be fine, and you can't shoot at other players or something.

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+

If the team is added, I would add a strict rule to have all equipment returned at the ending of practices, or have the bows made from safe material that cannot bring harm to others but only targets during practice.

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
I think just not having a bow outside the place would be fine, and you can't shoot at other players or something.
My point exactly, having them outside of school grounds will most likely go against the teams code.

_BritishAutism_

Level 95
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
I hope the folks who are giving their -1 really mention WHY instead of just giving it a -1 because, it's ideal for people to go into more depth explaining why, so if their problem is something that can easily be solved, then sure. This is, of course, not directed against those who explained why.

so this suggestion is a +0.5 / -0.5 for me

Thank you for mentioning this, It's really frustrating when people leave a -1 without a reasoning why, it makes me question if they're just being bias, but thank you for leaving your opinion on my suggestion! :)

Users who are viewing this thread