New Surround Rule

EnderBubs

Level 54
IGN:
EnderBubs

DATE:
5/22/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I suggest changing the rules for how people are able to surround someone. As for right now, at least from what I understand and experienced, all players have to do is have at least 4 players approach you (without actioning) and do /it surrounds before you can even react. I suggest making it so we have the ability to roll against it in hopes of making it fairer. The surround feature is already pretty unfair, seeing how the opponent's actions are honored against you and they do not need to action to approach you, to begin with.
Though yes it becomes party based, so it would go your turn, their turn, your turn, and such, it's still a bit unfair how they are able to begin this process without having t roll or action, to begin with. I suggest making it so that if 4 players want to surround your character, they do /it surrounds but everyone rolls for it
Whoever rolls higher than your roll is able to get in range of you, though if an opponent rolls lower than you, they cannot approach you and would have to action to get in range. An example being:
Players 1, 2, 3, and 4 all want to surround your character. The 4 players approach you (without actioning to get in range) and do /it surrounds. You and the 4 players all roll 150 to determine who out of the 4 would be able to actually get in range. You roll a 134/150, though players 1, 2, and 3 all roll over 134 while player 4 rolls lower. Players 1, 2, and 3 would be able to begin combat with you but player 4 would have to action (when it's their turn) to get into range and approach you to actually be able to have your character surrounded

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I think this would just make GangRP and CombatRP fairer in general. As an officer, it's pretty annoying to be trying to handle something then all of a sudden 4-5 people just group around your character and do /it surrounds and begin attacking you, with their actions being honored in the process. I don't think we should change the party-based honor system for when a player is surrounded, or change the fact people don't need to action to surround someone, I just think we should implement this rolling system for when people are attempting to surround your character to give you a more fair chance. I think this system or something based on this system would make it fairer for everyone and more enjoyable for some players.

Correct me if I'm wrong with the surround system rules btw, but every time my cop character has been surrounded people don't action for it they just kinda do it with no action prior

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion! I hope you have an amazing day!!
Main Account: [28] Enderbubs ~ Amaya Omori [KPD Officer]
Main Alt: [27] EnderBubbies ~ Takano Shizuka [Adult]
Alt: [3] ZRex2316 ~ Dai [Bird]

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't care either way, but what you described just seems like it would be a way to merely delay the inevitable. Sure, you have one extra combat turn to prepare yourself, but assuming you're up against 4+ people regardless after that first turn (unless you can somehow incapacitate someone with one action), you're kind of screwed anyway.

Main Account: [28] Enderbubs ~ Amaya Omori [KPD Officer]
Main Alt: [27] EnderBubbies ~ Takano Shizuka [Adult]
Alt: [3] ZRex2316 ~ Dai [Bird]
Why did you write a signature in your message instead of using the built-in signature feature on the forums?

EnderBubs

Level 54
I don't care either way, but what you described just seems like it would be a way to merely delay the inevitable. Sure, you have one extra combat turn to prepare yourself, but assuming you're up against 4+ people regardless after that first turn (unless you can somehow incapacitate someone with one action), you're kind of screwed anyway.

Why did you write a signature in your message instead of using the built-in signature feature on the forums?
1: it allows you to give you the chance to dip or knock someone else out of range I feel

2: THERE IS A BUILT IN FETURE????

RexLobo

Level 99
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 | This should genuinely be a thing. If you have to action and roll to approach someone from behind, then surrounding someone should involve at least one, if not all of the members attempting to surround to roll. There is a need to roll for everything else, so this should not be an exception.

2: THERE IS A BUILT IN FETURE????
The pop-up should appear if you click on your profile on the forums. There is a signature tab button thingy that you can put the signature in!

EnderBubs

Level 54
+1 | This should genuinely be a thing. If you have to action and roll to approach someone from behind, then surrounding someone should involve at least one, if not all of the members attempting to surround to roll. There is a need to roll for everything else, so this should not be an exception.

The pop-up should appear if you click on your profile on the forums. There is a signature tab button thingy that you can put the signature in!
Thanks for telling me! I always thought that people would type there’s in or just copy and paste a gif in

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+

Unless you have weapons they dont have to roll to approach & surround. You can't push 4 people at the same time to stop them from surrounding you.

Best I could say is that only the person who's attempting to surround from behind could roll, since after all, they're approaching from behind.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

If you see people attempting to surround you, you should realistically be able to move out of the way to prevent it!

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1, think of it as rolling to get behind someone. Obviously in a surround some people are getting behind so it’d have to be rolled for anyways. The way I see it if you’re going to get surrounded and have all the opposing actions honored, you should at least be able to have a chance at not being surrounded in the first place.

Besides, to everyone that says “no”, it may not make a huge difference (but it still gives people a chance), as it is 4 rolls against 1.

The final part about rolling in the suggestion would probably be a bit too confusing, so I’d like to make a counter suggestion and say that anyone can get in range of your character (unless armed), but if not all 4 people out roll then there’s no “surround”. Though it can be still confusing because people may try to abuse the party based system after that if they fail the surround

CakeRPiscool

Level 49
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
+1 Honestly this is a good suggestion because all people do is /it surrounds. There is no realism to what they do now. Theres no detail to their action and there is no clear explanation of who they are surrounding. Mainly everyone is on a call for this stuff and just say "Surround Surround".

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1 Honestly this is a good suggestion because all people do is /it surrounds. There is no realism to what they do now. Theres no detail to their action and there is no clear explanation of who they are surrounding. Mainly everyone is on a call for this stuff and just say "Surround Surround".
Tbf if they just do /me surrounds, it's probably unserious rp.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
how about we remove surrounding altogether
or actually let's remove combatrp
actually let's remove gangrp

Users who are viewing this thread