AllenBUwU

Level 83
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable
IGN: AllenBUwU
DATE: November 7th, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I think a command that allows a teacher/professor to teleport their current active class to them could be helpful!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?
To go more in depth by what I mean here; Teachers and professors a like often hold classes perhaps in other areas of the high school, in other rooms, etc. Such as gym teachers leading students to various activity locations, Drama teachers doing acting around school, professors doing interactive activities, art classes traveling around for art inspiration or to the art room, or really anyone hosting field trips, etc! those are just a few examples off the top of my head.

Now, of course I'm aware the argument can be made that students can just follow the teacher around... but what if the students are actual fresh greenies that don't have the same speed or knowledge of the map to keep up with the class? What if people go AFK in the room or choose to stop listening to teachers/professors for whatever reason/failrp? This could solve that issue and allow us to have better control of our classes and ensures our students are in the location we intend them to be.

I believe this command could work souly during active classes, so faculty doesn't have to worry about accidentally doing it somehow during off hours (obviously).

And then boom, when class ends, we can do a simple /class end that'll bring all students back to outside our classroom to continue the day easily!

Another reason this can be useful is for how classes are time limited. Sometimes walking to areas and back, especially with slower students or people not really paying attention, can take a long time. Yes it skips a portion of rp but it allows the person teaching get more time in on actual activities or events

TLDR; Command that can help teachers/professors control their class and ensure all students are where current class activities take place

Last edited:

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
+1
I know the struggle I think it would help a lot if we had a second command for field trips and other location activities!

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
If teachers had a command like /class tp <gym, vb courts, fb field> and idk any other options would be cool, but only if the tp goes to these specific locations

+1

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I like your idea, but here are my two cents. I think it should have a cooldown, since many newer or less responsible faculty members regularly misuse their commands. Also, it should be something that students need to accept, similarly to how you need to accept carry requests.

An alternate suggestion that would solve your problem and is something we could do right now is introduce more class locations, such as the pool, sports fields, rooftop, behind the school, library, etc. Obviously if you travelled after this you would still run into your initial issue, but at least with this you wouldn't have to move from your classroom to begin your lesson as often in the first place.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

Roleplay controlling your class, it's part of a teacher's job, there's no need to automate the entire process of SchoolRP (this is why the school roleplaying portion of srp has a reputation for being boring and lackluster when it comes to rp)

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

People can get lost easily and this is just an easy way to ensure that they can find their way to wherever it is the class is going, so they don't miss out!

I remember having this very issue of losing the class when I was a newer player (and I probably occasionally do it considering my attention span lol).

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Roleplay controlling your class, it's part of a teacher's job, there's no need to automate the entire process of SchoolRP
it's just a tp so people don't get lost in the way (new players) or the ones that joined late - if you want to follow this idea we would remove the class join command and wait for people to walk to their classrooms which, if you were not aware, was not a good thing in the past.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
it's just a tp so people don't get lost in the way (new players) or the ones that joined late - if you want to follow this idea we would remove the class join command and wait for people to walk to their classrooms which, if you were not aware, was not a good thing in the past.
When I was a professor a few years ago, I actually quite enjoyed having students walk to class on their own

DaStickmon

Level 11
IGN: AllenBUwU
DATE: November 7th, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I think a command that allows a teacher/professor to teleport their current active class to them could be helpful!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?
To go more in depth by what I mean here; Teachers and professors a like often hold classes perhaps in other areas of the high school, in other rooms, etc. Such as gym teachers leading students to various activity locations, Drama teachers doing acting around school, professors doing interactive activities, art classes traveling around for art inspiration or to the art room, or really anyone hosting field trips, etc! those are just a few examples off the top of my head.
Now, of course I'm aware the argument can be made that students can just follow the teacher around... but what if the students are actual fresh greenies that don't have the same speed or knowledge of the map to keep up with the class? What if people go AFK in the room or choose to stop listening to teachers/professors for whatever reason/failrp? This could solve that issue and allow us to have better control of our classes and ensures our students are in the location we intend them to be.
I believe this command could work souly during active classes, so faculty doesn't have to worry about accidentally doing it somehow during off hours (obviously).
And then boom, when class ends, we can do a simple /class end that'll bring all students back to outside our classroom to continue the day easily!
TLDR; Command that can help teachers/professors control their class and ensure all students are where current class activities take place
if I could -2 I would.

Not only does mass-tping ruin the RP aspect, getting lost is an IC action...

DaStickmon

Level 11
NGL walking to class seems fun... I lied

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
When I was a professor a few years ago, I actually quite enjoyed having students walk to class on their own
Yeah because you were the professor? It sucked trying to find the right classroom and running around the school. You'll get late, the professor has to stop every 20 seconds to open the door, if you get lost for too long you are not allowed in anymore, you can run away from councilors and faculty when they tell you to go to class. Class command is way superior, maybe you just don't know that because you don't RP as a student.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Yeah because you were the professor? It sucked trying to find the right classroom and running around the school. You'll get late, the professor has to stop every 20 seconds to open the door, if you get lost for too long you are not allowed in anymore, you can run away from councilors and faculty when they tell you to go to class. Class command is way superior, maybe you just don't know that because you don't RP as a student.
mariav with the facts
+1
I dont roleplay as a student too yet I think this wld be better for the server

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Another reason this can be useful is for how classes are time limited
FACTS! Most periods are 25 minutes OOCly and depending on where your classroom is and the students getting lost it can take you 5-7 to go to the location to THEN start the class

I would just exclude field trips from your suggestion because the fun part is leaving school to go to said location (save it to the 4th period that you'll have more time)

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I have roleplayed as a college student in the past before any college commands were used, I still think it was a better rp experience, but as you said, I don't RP as a student (so this rlly doesn't affect me). I'm just giving my honest take.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1 homie I’d love to be able to teleport my class instead of trying to get all 28 of them to listen to me at once when I’m tryna take them somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread