Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Oliverium
What's the title of your suggestion?: New Way For Entering Yachts

What's your suggestion?:
Add a feature where you enter one of the docs/piers and click a sign to teleport on a yacht/sailboat of choice. Similar to the train system! Optional: like trains, add a chat message such as "You step on the boat and it begins to move" (with more detail ofc)

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Ever wanted to go on the yacht in the middle of the sea for a nice day with your friends? How do you board it? You swim across the entire ocean? You get your friend with the highest swim attribute to carry you across the ocean? We don't need this anymore. This benefits SchoolRP because of:
1. Realism - People board boats from docs, so why can't we have a system for that? Like mentioned above, swimming in the ocean like that would result in cramps and fatigue enough to risk drowning. No one likes drowning.
2. Efficiency - It's faster to teleport with signs like the train system. This way people will be able to "Hey, lets spend a summer's afternoon on a yacht!" Everyone will be able to board from the doc easy peasy.
3. Space - On the boardwalk there are many docs, one for fishing, one for love/swan boats, and one for... nothing? Perhaps that can be repurposed into a doc for boats? It might be a bit too high up, so perhaps the lower gray doc on the opposite end can be repurposed!

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Seems interesting on paper, however this can be easily abused. There's an incredibly high chance that players will abuse this system to escape scenarios from KPD and Criminal roleplay.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Seems interesting on paper, however this can be easily abused. There's an incredibly high chance that players will abuse this system to escape scenarios from KPD and Criminal roleplay.
Doesn't the same apply to train systems?

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
Yeah exactly its basically the same thing and already implemented. I believe it didn't ruin too many escape scenarios or criminal roleplay either so +1 from me. I also agree the use should cost about 250 yen

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
the same applies for train systems, lifts, etc. Removing one good feature for the sake of helping KPD isn't worth it.

+1

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
the same applies for train systems, lifts, etc. Removing one good feature for the sake of helping KPD isn't worth it.

+1
It’s not for the sake of helping KPD, it’s for the sake of preventing failrp in general. Unless a system is implemented to prevent this type of failrp from happening then it’s unfortunately flawed.

That said, you wouldn’t want to be chasing someone trying to catch them only for them to teleport away right before your eyes with no hope of catching them. At least the train stations allow buffer time between each station instead of doing a direct teleport.

another point is, why implement something that will require more moderation if players can already achieve where they want to go on their own?

I’m really not against the idea, but I am against creating more systems that will require more regulation than needed

Last edited:

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
It’s not for the sake of helping KPD, it’s for the sake of preventing failrp in general. Unless a system is implemented to prevent this type of failrp from happening then it’s unfortunately flawed.

That said, you wouldn’t want to be chasing someone trying to catch them only for them to teleport away right before your eyes with no hope of catching them. At least the train stations allow buffer time between each station instead of doing a direct teleport.

another point is, why implement something that will require more moderation if players can already achieve where they want to go on their own?

I’m really not against the idea, but I am against creating more systems that will require more regulation than needed
Makes sense. Perhaps there should be a delay and a message like "You stand and await the ship's docking" for 10 or so seconds. Pay a fee too, like 250 or 500 yen.

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
Nothing is really failrp-proof, there’s always a way people can abuse features, the only difference is the quantity. I mean how often do people decide to visit a yacht… I think we should take the small risk to get this quality of life feature, it won’t change the world.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Makes sense. Perhaps there should be a delay and a message like "You stand and await the ship's docking" for 10 or so seconds. Pay a fee too, like 250 or 500 yen.
That’s true, was also thinking that there could be multiple docks each with a respective teleport point on it that way they’re separated and easy to track

Squidjees

Level 60
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
That’s true, was also thinking that there could be multiple docks each with a respective teleport point on it that way they’re separated and easy to track
Just make it like the train stations. You have one port that goes to all of the ships. This makes sense IRP, you can have buffer time, and you can have a fee. If we can have train stations, we should be able to have transportation to boats.

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
-1. I do not think this'll be useful at all, more like a "just there" thing. The only place's you'd be able to go on the map would be to other place's on the beach or other boat's. Theres a chance this can and will be useful but I highly doubt it because if someone does own a boat and someone just uses another boat to travel to their boat wouldn't it just be annoying if they're in an important rp situation? And like Infi said, it can be abused to escape criminal roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread