Not open for further replies.

samkipX

Level 6
IGN:
samkipX

DATE:
08/11/2022(06/11/2022)

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
There has this thing been going on where people have made up this rule If bears (adults or cubs) roar (so /me roars) 3 times (with at least half a minute or something delay between them) and a person does not leave, then the bear gains major permissions on them
Everyone thought this was a rule for a very long time and everyone (including me) used it, and humans allowed it, we did not randomly use it, only when we wanted someone gone that did not leave (for example they did not fairrp, or they had weapons on them), we also did not use it very often but it was very handy

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
1. TOXIC GANGRPERS
there is this verified gang, I don't know which, they have been HUNTING bears, while failrping, failure to fearrp and even permbaiting ALLOT, they are not only using every permission they have on bears in
there worst (I mean if they have minors they're knocking the bear out, mug 5k and break a bone, if they have majors they do the same while also removing a limb, they message us trying to get kill perms as well) they also do it on other animals, this would be an icly issue if they weren't failrping so much as I stated before, I have been informed this problem has been reported earlier, and I'm not asking for this to be fixed, I'm using it as a reason we should gain the roaring = majors rule

2. FAILURE TO FEARRP
whether it are new people, more experienced people, even very experienced people, a lot of failure to fearrp happens, even if they don't have weapons sometimes they just don't fearrp, even when I told them to, example: "<me in looc>: fearrp me I'm growling <another person in looc>: fearrp deez nuts", they are not taking us serious, while they should since we are wild bears and even though we can't just rip off an arm out of nowhere OOCLY doesn't mean we can't ICLY, icly we could still do anything, since we are wild bears

3. UNSERIOUSRP
like I said in point 2 at the end, a lot of people take us not seriously OOCLY and ICLY, even though we are literally wild bears and were being treated like puppies, you can't just pet them, also trolling us a lot like shooting us with a water gun from outside the Forrest, running inside the Forrest really quick before getting out again, spamming shift because they know we can't get out of the Forrest, once again like in the end of point 2, because we can't get out of the Forrest OOCLY doesn't mean we can't ICLY, they still have to fearrp us outside of the Forrest, and finally: it kind of makes it more realistic, of course minor, major and kill perms have been invented so that everything would not become chaos (for example if they did not exist gangs would be running around at spawn killing everyone), but they are wild bears, if you don't leave after they really want to of course something bad is gonna happen

FINAL WORDS: if you may reject this idea i have another request, atleast think of something else for the bears, for example make them roll higher, or make us gain minor permissions when we roar 3 times and they dont leave, because i feel like it is unbalanced for the bears, there being hunted, and they cant do much about it exept roll 100 while there is a gang of 5/6 people rolling 150 with a spikky bat ko'ing us in 1 hit, its just unfair, so please im just asking that it gets a bit more balanced so we can all enjoy our time on SRP and rp like bears

Last edited:

houndrats

Level 21
houndrats
houndrats
Omega
+1
Seeing as so many people recently are straight up harassing the bears, I think this would be a good idea or at least food for thought. Same as with people trespassing on private property - the owner gets minor perms on the trespasser if they don't leave after being asked twice. If they stay, that's on them. Give the bears perms.
and they cant do much about it exept roll 100 while there is a gang of 5/6 people rolling 150 with a spikky bat ko'ing us in 1 hit
And this, yeah. I agree I think bears should roll 200.

Honestly, I pray for the bears, you put up with so much bs-

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1
Seeing as so many people recently are straight up harassing the bears, I think this would be a good idea or at least food for thought. Same as with people trespassing on private property - the owner gets minor perms on the trespasser if they don't leave after being asked twice. If they stay, that's on them. Give the bears perms.

And this, yeah. I agree I think bears should roll 200.

Honestly, I pray for the bears, you put up with so much bs-
Bears won't be allowed to roll 200, that would be pay to win (which breaks Minecraft EULA).

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
There are two main issues with Bears at the moment. I'll do my best to summarise them and why I disagree with what was proposed

FAILURE TO FEARRP
Perhaps the most prominent issue is the fact that people will not FearRP the bears whatsoever, despite
their threatening actions. This is something that can't really be avoided, and can only be solved by reaching
out to staff. However, you need to understand that people are curious and will not OOCly fear getting their
character in danger just because they want to see bears in action

GANGRP-RELATED BEARS
On the other side of the spectrum, we find bears whose main motive to roleplay is to injure people who
happen to be in the forest majorly. To do this, they go at them and try to make them FearRP, and in the case of those who
don't, instead of calling for staff, they use the same action to maul off someone's arm or leg (which isn't allowed due
to our current rules regarding limb amputations). It is true that bears are aggressive, but there is a difference between
this and spamming the same action over 10 times just because someone didn't leave when you roared at them.

SOLUTION?
In my opinion, this issue doesn't have an easy solution. We can implement OOC and IC measurements to avoid having
people approach the bears (e.g. Fines, Arrests, Stricter punishments, etc.), but you must understand that this isn't something
we can monitor 24/7. However, when it comes to roleplaying out interactions, or rather, confrontations between bears and
humans, P2L is the system that they should use. It should be pretty easy to agree on the outcome of an action of a bear pushing
someone to the ground, rather than it being based on the rolling system (hence why I disagree with the higher rolling amounts).
This can also apply to any Animal CombatRP​

samkipX

Level 6
There are two main issues with Bears at the moment. I'll do my best to summarise them and why I disagree with what was proposed

FAILURE TO FEARRP
Perhaps the most prominent issue is the fact that people will not FearRP the bears whatsoever, despite
their threatening actions. This is something that can't really be avoided, and can only be solved by reaching
out to staff. However, you need to understand that people are curious and will not OOCly fear getting their
character in danger just because they want to see bears in action

GANGRP-RELATED BEARS
On the other side of the spectrum, we find bears whose main motive to roleplay is to injure people who
happen to be in the forest majorly. To do this, they go at them and try to make them FearRP, and in the case of those who
don't, instead of calling for staff, they use the same action to maul off someone's arm or leg (which isn't allowed due
to our current rules regarding limb amputations). It is true that bears are aggressive, but there is a difference between
this and spamming the same action over 10 times just because someone didn't leave when you roared at them.

SOLUTION?
In my opinion, this issue doesn't have an easy solution. We can implement OOC and IC measurements to avoid having
people approach the bears (e.g. Fines, Arrests, Stricter punishments, etc.), but you must understand that this isn't something
we can monitor 24/7. However, when it comes to roleplaying out interactions, or rather, confrontations between bears and
humans, P2L is the system that they should use. It should be pretty easy to agree on the outcome of an action of a bear pushing
someone to the ground, rather than it being based on the rolling system (hence why I disagree with the higher rolling amounts).
This can also apply to any Animal CombatRP​
remember in my final words though, the other things did u think about those?

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega

Lizalopod

Level 130
Allowing bears to get easy major perms on literally anyone isn't a good idea?? That's what I got from this anyways

If someone's failrping, gather evidence and just ignore them lol, tell staff about it...

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback!

- We may add additional measures to ensure players properly roleplay around wild animals (including bears), however a separate set of rules for animals will not be made.
- Please report any rule breaking to staff. If none are online, make a player report on the forums with screenshots https://schoolrp.net/forums/player-reports/submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread