Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

NikaEnvy
luckyl3monade_ [ALT]
_NyaNika [ALT]

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
luckylemonade_

Do you have a microphone?:
I do have a microphone and am fully comfortable with speaking in calls.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge that inactivity will result in my immediate demotion.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on nearly everyday for many hours of the day. I spend that time doing many different types of roleplay ranging from family all the way to GangRP. I believe I have an overall good reputation on the server and enjoy saying hi to people in OOC and interacting with them. I do not currently have many responsibilities as I am undergoing mental health treatment and am not working and am on a leave from school.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
JSL APPLICATION (ATTEMPT 1):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/danika-kushiguro-jsl-application.62744/
DENIED

FRENCH APPLICATION (ATTEMPT 1)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/danika-kushiguro-french-application.62745/
DENIED

KPD APPLICATION:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-lyric-fata-kpd-application.62838/
DENIED

JSL APPLICATION (ATTEMPT 2):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-japanese-sign-language-application.63049/
DENIED

FRENCH APPLICATION (ATTEMPT 2)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-french-application.63048/
DENIED

JSL APPLICATION (ATTEMPT 3)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-jsl-application-edited.63094/
ACCEPTED

FRENCH APPLICATION (ATTEMPT 3)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-french-application-edited.63095/
ACCEPTED

JOI-KON OWNERSHIP APPLICATION
https://schoolrp.net/threads/joi-kon-shopkeeper-application-nikablossom.63100/
DENIED

THIRD LANGUAGE AUTHORIZATION APPLICATION
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-third-language-authorization-application.64445/
ACCEPTED

SPANISH LANGUAGE APPLICATION
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikablossom-spanish-language-application.64875/
ACCEPTED

EVENT TEAM APPLICATION

IGN: NikaBlossom Describe your activity and potential punishment history as a player of the server: I’ve been playing SRP since June 29th, 2023 and since then I’ve immersed myself into almost every kind of Roleplay I’ve been able to! I’ve worked hard to keep a positive presence on the server as...
schoolrp.net
UNDECIDED

HAWAIIAN LANGUAGE APPLICATION
https://schoolrp.net/threads/hawaiian-language-application-nikablossom.64623/
DENIED

SERVICE ANIMAL AUTHORIZATION APPLICATION
https://schoolrp.net/threads/service-animal-authorization-application-luckyl3monade_.64624/
ACCEPTED

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

•[ Grade 12 ] Aya Dawson
Permission to speak French
Permission to speak JSL
Permission to speak Spanish
[CHARACTER I AM APPLYING WITH, JUST MADE]

•[ Grade 12 ] Lyric Fata
Permission to speak JSL
[INACTIVE]

•[ Grade 10 ] Cherie Dawson
Permission to speak JSL

•[ Grade 11 ] Kailani Munakata
Permission to speak JSL
[INACTIVE]

•[ Grade 12 ] Lapis Kaneko-Zindel
Permission to speak JSL

•[ Grade 12 ] Pualani “Pua” Togomi
Permission to speak JSL

•[ Grade 11 ] Xia Kaneko
Permission to speak JSL

•[ Grade 12 ] Illari Everheart
Permission to speak JSL
[INACTIVE]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Design Tech

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Since joining SRP, I’ve made many friends and found a community in which I find myself feeling genuinely included by all. I’ve had time to research many different roles and even applied for a couple myself, however after several weeks of back and forth whether or not to apply for a teacher, I was given an opportunity to create a character who would need to be an adult to begin with, giving me the motivation and reason to finally apply for a teaching position. I’m prepared to put every effort into this position and look forward to doing so if accepted.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand that if my application is accepted I will begin as an Unqualified Teacher and need to work my way up as well as be given training to be a teacher.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The teacher class logs are where teachers record classes they’ve held so at the end of the month, these classes can be counted towards their quota. In each log, you will be able to see who taught the class, how many people attended, and what was covered during the class period. This will allow the school faculty members to have logs so if something were to go wrong, they could refer to these. This also plays a part in the payroll and quota for each month.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
When hosting a class, it is important to keep in mind your character’s personality and backstory. This will play a part in how rules are enforced by said character. For reference, my character Aya Dawson is a kindhearted woman who does not enjoy yelling or conflict, however with that said, Aya is very strict when it comes to her classroom and expects her students to not only respect her, but each other. She has four main rules which are stated below.

Respect
With this rule, each student is to respect her authority and their classmates. Lack of respect is not tolerated as it’s something that will keep others in class from learning the information needed for them to become model citizens. If you are respectful to others, it shows that you have a desire to learn and be a part of the community rather than only cause issues and disrupt vital time that could be used for learning. This rule not only covers students behavior towards one another, but the use of phones and speaking in class as these are disrespectful towards the teacher.

Openness
Aya believes that allowing her students to be open with her and share when they are struggling with schoolwork or otherwise will create a bond which will provide a deeper level of respect. Some might say this is her motherly instincts popping up, but when the students are open with you and you are open with them about what’s expected and needed from them, it will create more peace than if there were to be secrets among both parties. This also allows the students to understand that as long as they’re putting in their best efforts, they will be recognized for such.

Attention
While it’s expected for you to give your undivided attention to your teacher during lessons, it’s also something that is not entirely possible. Aya Dawson understands this and while she does ask for her student’s undivided attention, she’s willing to be lenient if the student has recently been injured, lost a loved one, or is just having a rough day. Of course, with this rule there are boundaries. There will be one attention exception given per ooc week per student. After that, if more time is needed the student can speak with her privately. If a student is on their phone, she will give them a warning to turn it off and if the warning is not taken, the student will be kicked from the class.

Choices
In each class, it’s allowed for teachers to have their students play games. Aya Dawson is a firm believer of this, however she stands by her rule that whether or not the class will be fun is based on the student’s actions. If the class is unruly and refuses to listen, there will be no fun and games, instead there will be a lecture based class with a graded assignment at the end. If the students are willing to listen, there will be at least one game played if not more.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been roleplaying since about 2014 or 2015. I began roleplaying on a creative server called Creative Fun in which I’ve made many life long friends. Unfortunately, after many years of be undyingly popular, it reached its peak and fell straight down, now only housing about 40-50 people at a time rather than its old 200-500 people. After this, I began playing more on Hypixel and realms, using my realms for Roleplay as I couldn’t find any servers I enjoyed as much as creative fun. On June 29th, 2023, I was searching for a server to play with my friend who I had made on creative fun when I stumbled across the ip to Roleplay Hub. I became excited, immediately sending it to my friend and joining with her. Since then, I’ve tried many different types of Roleplay. From RomanceRP to GangRP, I’ve done it all! I also Roleplay on discord quite a bit with this same friend.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
A teacher with an HD role is one who is charge of a full department, such as in real life school you’d have a specific teacher who was in charge of the English department, History Department, Art Department, and so on. This role is very important and one to not be taken lightly as a character with this role will need to have good morals, value the feelings of both faculty and students, and be an overall hard worker and responsible person. A person with an HD role is the highest member of said department, for example, Snoobs Wigglesworth is the HD of the History department, meaning he is the highest faculty member in said department.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
These are teachers who have proven themselves to not need anyone to hold their hand. Qualified Teachers have gone through their training, have shown their worth, have made each quota, and worked hard to follow their roles down to the letter. They’re prepared for every class they host and are able to provide help to those who need it. These are the second highest rank in each department.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
These teachers have just recently finished their training and still require some supervision and aid when hosting classes. It’s likely that they do not know all of the ins and outs yet and will still need more time before learning them. Even with the word “qualified” in their ranking, they still need much teaching experience before becoming QT.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
These teachers are brand new to the teaching game, fresh from college and ready to begin their journey. They require both training and supervision when hosting classes and are on sort of a trial period as it’s determined if they are a good fit for the position. They will be seen spectating classes in order to learn more on how to host their own as well as work with the principal and other teachers to learn what’s needed before being promoted to NQT.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

In game, teachers are paid different amounts based on ranking/the amount of classes they host in the span of one out of character month. NQTs start with a base pay of 350k for completing 10 classes. QTs have a base pay of 400k for completing 10 classes. On top of this, for every 5 extra class they host after completing the minimum quota, teachers will receive an added 50k until the maximum amount has been reached. With that said, teachers may only host up to 4 classes per out of character day.

Each teacher on SchoolRP is different in many ways. Some prefer to play games to help teach the students, others prefer lectures. With many types of ways to learn, it creates an intriguing prospect to which way each teacher will go about their lesson. I’ve noticed that teachers like Xiang Kaneko tend to play more games, using math to spice up old classics such as four corners. On the other hand, Snoobs tends to give many lectures, but adds in fun comments to keep the students attention focused on him. With each different person comes a new idea on how to teach!

During their free time, most teachers are seen spending time with their children or hanging out a popular hotspots such as the plaza or any open shops. While yes, teachers are to be respected, they’re also human beings who need fun and have those they love and care about. They have normal lives outside of school, you just don’t see it often as they tend to keep them private.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server not only because they are required for any school, but because each player’s character provides a unique experience for those Roleplaying as student to enjoy. The classes are not all about learning either as many teachers play games and make their classes fun for everyone! The teachers help keep the peace inside of school as it allows students to have a somewhat safe place away from the harmful alleys of Karakura.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
I have no experience with the planning system, but after some research I was able to find the name of it which is the acronym MosCow which stands for Must have, Could have, Should have, Won’t have. I’m willing and ready to learn the planning system if and when my application is accepted.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Aya Dawson is kind woman who’s fiercely loyal and has a big heart. She’s taken in many kids in need, hoping to provide them with a sense of family and a place they feel safe. She has long, wavy brown hair with dark brown eyes. Aya’s figure is lean, yet somewhat short. She loves helping her students reach their full potential and feels deep disappointment and dread when giving out detentions. She cares much about everyone and everything, her beliefs being that everything and everyone has a purpose and should be treated with respect. She hopes to one day see her children grow into well rounded adults and her grandchildren grow!

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I approach them in a professional manner, politely asking them to stop cursing and to be aware of those around them who may not like said words or find them offensive. If they continue, I give a more stern verbal warning, letting them know that the next warning will result in a detention. If continues, I hand them a detention slip, letting them know that language such as that is not acceptable at school.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I take a deep breath before calling out to the class, using a loud yet calm voice. If they do not answer, I try once again, however this time in a much more stern tone than the last. Finally, if they still refuse to listen, class will cease the lesson and they’ll either be handed a pop quiz on what was being taught or listen to a lecture and take notes.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
I act in a polite manner, knowing those around me are my equals and that they work just as hard if not harder. I socialize, asking how their kids are doing and whether or not they read the latest news article. It’s nice to have people who understand your day to day struggles with students.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me claps her hands twice as the bell rings, letting the students know that class has begun. She quickly scans the room, getting an estimate of how many students have arrived. She smiles as she begins class. &f”Good morning all! Welcome in! I’m Ms. Dawson and today we will be discussing how to make things out of recycled material! This certain action is known as upcycling! Now tell me, how often do you have something that’s torn or broken that you have no use for anymore and just throw it away?” &[HEX CODE]She’d peer around the class, looking for hands.

/me gives a smile to her class, seeming to be happy with those participating. &f “Almost all of you, huh? Well you’re in luck! When you upcycle, you take something that’s old and worn and turn it into something new and usable! For example!” &[HEX CODE]Pulls out what seems to be a toaster made from old electronic scraps. &f “Here I have a toaster I made entirely from materials! For the heating elements, I located an old microwave that no longer worked and cut them small enough for the toaster! I then found pieces of scrap metal and used heat to weld them together! Now, we won’t be able to do things quite as intricate in this class given that I do value each of your guys’ safety, but we will be going to the roof to find some items that can be turned into something new! Your imagination is the limit here, so be creative!”

/me gives a large smile to her students, her voice chipper and kind as always as she begins class. &f “Hello and good morrow everyone! It’s so good to see all of your beautiful faces once again! Today we will be learning how to make eggs and bacon using a stovetop! I know this seems easy to some of you, but remember, what may be easy for you may be very difficult for others! Now, each of you will receive two eggs and two pieces of bacon as well as a frying pan and spatula. Before we begin cooking, we will go over safety procedures and guidelines to avoid any accidents!”

/me gasps, noticing a student burn themself on the stove. She quickly runs over, turning it off before holding her hand out, wanting to check the severity of the burn. When the child shows the burn, she sighs, knowing it’ll need medical attention. She peeks around the room, quickly eying a young girl named Hua Li Leung. &f “Hua, dear, could you please take Xia to the nurses office? Let her know that she burned herself during class and I will be down to check on her once the period is over.” &[HEX CODE] She lets out a small sigh of relief as Hua agrees. She smiles as she begins to explain the safety regulations and guidelines once more.

Backstory:
Aya Dawson was born into a low class family in the town of Leiden, Netherlands where she grew up with her two older brothers. Growing up, they were quite close until one day one of them went missing. Aya was devastated beyond compare as she was only ten at the time. She began to go down a path of despair and loneliness, her grades slipping and her appearance lacking. After almost three years of this, Aya finally managed to snap out of her trance, meeting a young man who went by the name of Bart. He was a kind soul who enjoyed the little moments rather than the bigger picture. The two became close, the next several years passing by as a blur. At the age of nineteen, Aya found out she was pregnant with a beautiful baby girl. She couldn’t be more overjoyed at the thought, but given their ages, Aya and Bart decided to not marry as of that moment. They had no doubts their relationship would go on and didn’t mind waiting until they were a bit older to tie the knot. Not too long after their daughter, Mushie, Aya found out she was pregnant once again, this time with twins. She knew that this was going to be difficult, but was ready to take it on with her lover nonetheless. However, tragedy struck the night Aya was to give birth. On the way to the hospital, Bart was struck by a car and killed, leaving young Aya to care for their newborn twins and Mushie all on her own. Several years passed and with the help of her only living brother, she was able to push through, eventually deciding to relocate as the Netherlands provided too many sad memories of her lost love. During her travels from the Netherlands to Japan, she found several children in need, adopting each one as she couldn’t leave them behind. During each year of her life, Aya continued to study hard and work to become a teacher, her passion in life. She’d been teaching for many years by the time she reached Karakura, settling in and applying for a job at Karakura high.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Aya Dawson
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Dawson
Preferred Name:
Aya (Ms. Dawson)

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Current atheist, however may change.
Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Dutch
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

21 years

Academic Degree:
Masters
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Education
Minors:
Technology, Engineering, and Design Education

Native Languages:
Dutch [FORGOTTEN/NOT ENOUGH LANG SLOTS]
Other Languages:
Japanese [FLUENT] , JSL [FLUENT] , French [FLUENT] , Spanish [FLUENT]

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No, I do not.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Thank you for your time considering my application and I hope you have a wonderful day/night.
Do you have any questions?:
I do not, thank you.

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread