players online

Denied NoahUT's Science Teacher Application

NoahUT

Level 1
YoCarWrecked2002
YoCarWrecked2002
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

My main account's username is COLORCHROME, however, the account I will be using for this is YoCarWrecked2002.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
My discord username is NoahUT, and my discriminators are #4326.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do.

How old are you?:
I am 16 years of age in real life.

What is your time zone?:
I live in the Eastern Standard Time zone.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do. I will try my best to be as active as I can be.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say that I am fairly active on the server during times when I can be, such as the weekends, or in the morning and afternoons of weekdays when I'm home from actual school.

Do you have any previous bans?:
Not that I recall, no.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
N/A.

What are your current role(s) on the server?:
I am currently a Grade 8 Highschool Student on my alt. On my main account I am a Grade 11 Highschool Student.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying to teach a science class.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My real life English teacher is my biggest inspiration for applying to become a teacher myself. She is always so fun, though isn't too fun to the point where she is a pushover. I've always wondered how she did it, though I guess I won't get that answer since she is moving out of state soon. There are, of course, other motivations, such as my love for reading, and my want to help others with the path of learning and the like.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I understand this, and I agree to doing so.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are important due to the way it keeps track of both your activity and if you as a teacher need help or not. Of course, it also tracks the students and what they are doing I believe, though do not quote me on this. I haven't done something like this, though it would be a great learning opportunity for me anyway.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Rule 1. Respect your peers.
Everyone wants to be respected, right? However, if you can't give any respect to the other person who is doing so to you, what do you do then? This would be my class's golden rule. In my class, respect would be a big part of the learning environment. I would also have to guess that this is a big part of the other classrooms as well.

Rule 2. No swearing.
A classic one. Not only is it impolite and considered unprofessional, but it also causes quite a big fuss. I would rather have this kept out of my classroom.

Rule 3. Ask questions.
Not specifically a rule, more so a recommendation. If you don't know something, how are you supposed to know it in the future? That is why you ask questions.

Rule 4. Common Sense.
A given seeing as this is school. Use your brain, and your common sense. If something is not right, plain rude, or simple to know, do not act upon it unless it is a question you really don't know the answer to.

Rule 5. Follow the modes.
Something that Miss Elsher came up with on her own was two different modes to help students with staying interested in class. The first one is Coffeehouse mode. In this mode, the students are able to listen to music silently while working on their work. If this is abused and a student uses their phone for other details, Coffeehouse mode will be taken away for that class period. The second one is Recharge mode. This means that no phones are allowed, though you can charge your phone during this mode. If someone is caught on their phone, she will give a tap on the desk as a warning. If they are spotted with it again, Miss Elsher will take their phone for the period, giving it back to them after class. Now, that being said, if the modes are not followed accordingly, Miss Elsher will have to take everyone's phone and put them in a box until the end of class.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I never actually first started officially roleplaying on this server, or on Minecraft in general. I first started roleplaying on ROBLOX, however, quickly grew bored of the limits the game, eventually making a move onto Discord Roleplay a few years later. I would consider myself a semi-literate discord role-player.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department.
↳ Description:
The Head Of Department is a teacher that seems to be in charge of all teachers below this role. Though it also seems that they aren't in charge of every single teacher in the school. For example, one head of department could be in charge of the math teachers. They also happen to be the ones teachers go to ask for help from.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description:
These teachers have worked long and hard to earn this role. Usually, they are the second ones that the roles below go to help with a concerning matter if a Head of Department is not available. Qualified Teachers have a base pay of about ¥400,000.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher.
↳ Description:
The ones who have just been hired by the school, being upped from the Unqualified Teacher role. They have shown promise and seem to fit well with the school, and as such, are now able to host their own classes. Newly Qualified Teachers have a base pay of about ¥350,000.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher.
↳ Description:
A newly accepted teacher that must undergo training before becoming a newly qualified teacher. If they find you are a good fit for the school, they might hire you if you have this role. However, complete knowledge of your subject does not seem to fully count.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are quite important to SRP as a whole. They take quite a bit of time to plan lessons and teach those lessons, which I applaud. Usually, teachers just starting out, or newly qualified teachers, will receive a base pay of ¥350,000, which can continue to be added onto. The same goes for qualified teachers. They start with a base pay of ¥400,000, which can go up over time. For every 5 classes after completing a quota, teachers will gain +¥50,000 to their paycheck until the maximum amount is reached.

Teaching
I believe that even out of SRP, teachers should be the right amount of enjoyability as well as strictness to keep the students engaged. If the students are extremely bored, they are less likely to learn from what I've witnessed in my own school. Keeping the students engaged and happy while also making sure they do their work will be beneficial to both the teacher and the students.

Spare Time: School
Teachers do quite a bit in their spare time, though it really depends on how much work they themselves have done. I have seen my teachers in real life either grading assignments turned into them by the students, making lesson plans for the next class, answering questions from the students, and a lot more. However, this is what I have seen, and for different countries it may be different.

Spare Time: Home
Teachers still have to do their job at home, too, though not as much as they would at school. They still have to grade assignments they had brought home from, though other than that I believe they would receive a more relaxing time after they finish said grading. Cooking, cleaning, and other things can be included in their home free-time.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Well, this is still a school despite what others may say. Sure, there are gangs, adults, and such, but to me, the main focus of this server is the school. Without teachers, nobody would be able to learn or progress. Plus, if there were only NPC teachers, that wouldn't be fun, would it?

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The planning system is called "MoSCoW" for short. It means 'must have, should have, could have, won't have'.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?
Personality
Miss Elsher is very outgoing compared to most of the other teachers. Because of this, she is often labeled as a chatterbox. Though this isn't all she is. No, not at all. Miss Elsher is very friendly despite not seeming as such when you first meet her. She sees both the teachers and the students as people who deserve chances, and chances she gives them. However, if one were to wrong Miss Elsher over and over again, she would not be so willing to give them any more chances, and most likely would try to ignore them if they were not a student or a teacher. Seeing this, she isn't one for liking conflict, and often times will try to stop conflicts between students and/or teachers.

Appearance
Miss Elsher has long, vivid red hair and red eye contacts that she uses as both glasses and accessories, though her original eye color is a pretty light brown. She usually wears a red suit that seems quite professionally tailored, along with a black tie, red shoes and her pants which are a dull blackish red color. Miss Elsher stands at the height of 5'10" feet tall and is pretty young looking for her age.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Miss Elsher has a rule against swearing, so of course she'd go over and attempt to tell the students that swearing is prohibited within school walls, giving them a small warning while she's at it. Though if they are newer to the school, she would try to help them to the best of their ability, telling them the school rules and have them see what they are doing wrong.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If nobody was listening to Miss Elsher's class, she'd try to wait it out if it was a conversation between each student in the class. After all, she wants them to know each other. Though if they do not stop the talking, Miss Elsher would finally say something about it, and attempt to regain the class's attention through a one-minute phone break before finally going back to teaching. However, if students are arguing between themselves, of course she'd immediately interrupt and attempt to calm everyone down.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Miss Elsher acts similarly to how she acts around her students, though with a somewhat brighter attitude. Though being quite outgoing, some teachers might find her a bit of a chatterbox.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
stood in front of her classroom door, waiting for the students to come into class. It was her first official day on the job, and she couldn't help but be excited, though a feeling of nervousness was there, too. Though despite this, Miss Elsher kept telling herself that if she made any mistakes, she could always learn from them and find out how to fix said mistakes. A smile came upon her expression as she greeted the first student to come into her class, doing the same as the others began to do so as well.

/me would sit down at her desk, a pen in hand as she looked over one of the students' assignments that she had given them today. Looking over question number one, Miss Elsher noticed that they seemed to have guessed the answer, and as she checked over more, she started to contemplate whether she should suggest a private tutor for them. After all, it seemed like the student needed help with their work, though Sauna didn't exactly have all the time for that unfortunately. A tutor would be more of help than her.

/me sat at her desk, reading a book from the library while remaining aware of her surroundings. This would be proven that she had not gone into this fantasy world when a student raised their hand, making her look up. She'd ask what the student needed politely, and the student responded that they needed help. It just so happened that this was the student that she had been thinking of suggesting a tutor to. Getting up, Miss Elsher walked over to the student's desk, and began to help the student to the best of her ability.

/me was staying after school to clean her classroom, already having asked a Head of Department for permission an hour or so before students were released. Her classroom was quite dusty, and she had decided that it needed to be dusted in case any students had allergies against dust bunnies. As she cleaned around, she noticed the sun was beginning to set when she looked out a window, and though it was a beautiful sight, she had more important things to do right now.

Backstory
Sauna Elsher was born into the United States of America, specifically in North Carolina. She was always really popular in her school, though was always misunderstood as well. Often times Sauna was asked different questions about her family, how she got such high grades, things like that. It annoyed her honestly. To Sauna, everyone was smart in their own way too. After all, if they could learn something, then they weren't dumb in her eyes. When Sauna was about 16 years old, her family decided to move to New York so Sauna could get a better education, seeing as this state didn't provide good enough education for a girl as smart as her. Having to adjust to a new school was hard for Sauna, but she managed to do so nonetheless. Once again, Sauna grew popular in the school, though didn't have as good grades as she did in North Carolina. She still had pretty high grades, though! Sauna would eventually find out what she wanted to be when she graduated, and that was a science teacher. Telling her parents about this, they unfortunately complained as they wanted Sauna to get a high paying job, and that was not currently possible when being a teacher in the US. Teachers in America did not get good pay. As such, Sauna told her parents that she would learn Japanese and move to Japan one day. Learning a new language was hard for Sauna at the time, especially a more complex language like Japanese. Once again though, she did it. Passing the class with an A, Sauna eventually got a job at the mall, while also enrolling into college to learn more about how to be a teacher. In her job though, she met many wonderful people, and she wouldn't trade the experience for the world. Once she got enough money over the course of years she was there, she would move to Japan, and stay in a hotel near Karakura. This is where her life currently starts.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:

My full name is Sauna Elsher.
Title:
Students may call me Miss Elsher.
Given Name(s):
I was given the name Sauna.
Preferred Name:
I go by Sauna to those I know. Though as I have said before, students may call me Miss Elsher.

Religious Denomination:
I am atheistic.
Marital Status:
I am not married, nor am I dating anyone at this moment in time.

Nationality:
I am an American.
Current Location:
I live in a hotel near Karakura as of right now.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience:
I have worked inside a mall in America since 2017. I quit my previous job to move to Japan just this year.

Academic Degree:
I have a Bachelors degree and an Associates degree.
Year of Graduation:
I graduated in 1995.
Major(s):
I have two major degrees, one in science, and the other in biology.
Minors:
I have a minor degree in education.

Native Languages:
I speak both Japanese and American.
Other Languages:
I do not speak any other languages.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I don't believe so, however, I am currently attempting to receive a certificate.

Extra
N/A.

Additional notes about your application:
I hope it's fine if I gave her a life before she came to Karakura.
Do you have any questions?:
N/A.​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more.
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped.

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your accounts have been offline for 3+ months. When you are more active, feel free to reapply!

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread