mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

NotAnto_'s KPD application (second attempt)

ririluvsme

Level 2
NotAnto_
NotAnto_
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
ririluvsme

Discord Name & Tag:
antodoescrack

Which timezone are you in?
GMT +1

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
I previously applied for this faction for the first time, however, it was justly denied as the application i submitted was AI generated. I realized my mistake and, after my blacklist was lifted, decided to give it another shot and take it seriously.

Describe your activity on the server:
Well, I joined SchoolRP on October of 2019. At the time I was 13 and barely had any knowledge of the server's rules, in fact i recall getting in trouble a couple of times due to this ignorance and laziness of reading the rules. I was fairly consistent, if not probably very consistent as I would log in almost everyday to engage in new roleplaying scenarios, it was all about the curiosity of what would happen as well as the fun to be had at the time. 2020 and 2021 were probably my most active years because of the pandemic and online school. If I must be honest I kind of viewed this server as a second life, a way to escape from the real world catastrophe going on, as you all may remember. The cool thing is that I got to grow up with my current character, in a sense, as it's been exactly 4 years at the time i'm writing this, I've seen my character go through so many situations and scenarios, I've seen him grow as a character, mirroring some aspects from my actual life as well, which i think is very emotional, at least for me. 2022 was the year I gradually died down on being active as much. I was mostly focused on going out and having fun with my friends, occasionally hopping on to have some fun with my friends despite the quite heavy situation my character was stuck in at the time. 2023 was my least active year and it currently still is, as I don't have many reasons to hop on nor friends left to play in the server with. However, I'm aiming to be more active on the server since it still holds a special place in my heart.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying is based on a personal wish for a thrilling roleplay experience and, honestly, It would be awesome to play as a police officer for once. Over these 4 years I've always played as a regular student, nothing too exciting to be honest, maybe a couple of times there have been some genuinely exciting moments. However, like I said, nothing too out of the ordinary for what I'd call an "Average Joe" playing as a college student on SchoolRP. I'd honestly love to participate to the server's lore and leave an impact, even if rather small, taking my involvement in to the next level by having my character join the KPD. The desire for thrilling roleplay experiences and new action packed scenarios (supposedly), however, is not my only motivation for applying : I would like to see how my new character would evolve on his story line of providing for his family and use the knowledge and skills he acquired in his military career for law enforcement duties, see the inner workings of the Police Department and it's structure, as well as seeing if my character's morality and very principles and ethics would shift overtime by being a policeman. In conclusion, my motivation for applying is mostly rooted on looking for exciting roleplaying scenarios, looking for a reason to keep logging on, storytelling and character development opportunities. Honestly, I hope I get accepted for this role, as this time I'm willing to take the role seriously and apply actual time and effort to the server, while also having fun of course.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I'll specify I have a fair knowledge of Police Work outside of SchoolRP, most of the information coming from the media I've consumed over the years as well as some independent research on YouTube, and tales my grandfather would tell me, as he was a chief inspector in the Italian State Police. Since this question doesn't specify whether it's referring to the KPD or actual police work in real life, I'll be dividing this response in two : Real life information I've studied regarding Law Enforcement, and roleplay information on the KPD, it's ranks, it's tasks and it's equipment. The general knowledge I have on Police work regards : The everyday field operations and the duties police officers execute mundanely, such as Traffic Stops and Neighborhood Patrols. I will now be dissecting the protocols regarding these field operations in detail. Regarding Traffic stops, the standard procedure to ensure safety and enforce traffic laws, which law enforcement officers must strictly follow, typically involves signaling the driver to stop pull over safely, approaching the vehicle cautiously, then asking for license and registration. The officer must inform the driver inform the driver of the reason as to why they've been stopped, which could be for multiple reasons, the most common ones being a traffic violation or a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and may issue a warning, citation, a ticket, or an arrest if necessary. In neighborhood patrols, officers conduct routine patrols in designated areas to deter potential criminal activity and respond swiftly to incidents whether they occur. The protocol for this type of operation includes engaging with local resident and address any concerns or issues they may have, to build a positive relationship with the community. I've also been fascinated by the ethical concerns and weight on the actions that law enforcement agents are objected to and the consequent responsibilities that come with wearing a badge (Like Uncle Ben said : "With great power, comes great responsibility."), having to proportion the use of force depending on the situation the officer's in, for instance, if a suspect comes at you with a knife you don't shoot them right away, you should do your utmost best to de-escalate the situation without firing a single shot, the police's priority shouldn't be to neutralize but to enforce the law. Another aspect of law enforcement my research informed me on (which I was really interested in), is the legal aspect of things, I got informed on the law by a channel named Law By Mike on YouTube which instructed me a lot on what the police can and can't do and the practices they can and can't perform on suspects (such as the essential necessity of obtaining warrants and permissions, conducting lawful arrests and respecting the suspect's rights, no matter what they're suspected to have done); One last aspect of law enforcement I informed myself on was how important it is for the local Police Department to build a healthy and trusting bond with the local community, encouraging reporting crimes when they happen, as silence is mostly what makes the most victims (what the mafiosi call the famous "Omertà"), and actively participating to events and initiatives to consolidate a positive relationship with the community. This one may not be very important, but I informed myself on the procedures Law Enforcement may perform in Counter-********* operations. Gathering Intel, how do they do that? Law Enforcement typically gathers info through the use of informants and undercover officers, which may infiltrate the environment that's under investigation and provide insider information, as well as surveillance programs which typically involve physical and electronic methods to gather as much data as possible. The electronic methods consist in monitoring online activities and tracking any suspicious movement to identify potential threats to local security, financial movements are also ****yzed in order to trace any eventual funding to ********* and extremist activities. This method of gathering cyber intelligence nowadays has become more prevalent than the physical one in fighting extremism and *********. The most prevalent physical method to gather intelligence is the use of surveillance stakeouts, typically involves two or more officers parked in a location where it is suspected a crime will happen, happened or regularly happens. Waiting for the arrival of one or more suspects. Risk Management, after having gathered intelligence, law enforcement agencies ****yze it to understand the goal of said ********* organizations, evaluating the likelihood and potential impact of various scenarios and adapting strategies to minimize the percentage of risk. Risk management in these types of operations also involve considering the legal and ethical implications of the investigative methods used, which connects to my previous mention of this type of dynamic law enforcement officers face everyday, ensuring that security measures align with individual rights and privacy laws. Crisis Response, similiar to the previously mentioned emergency response goes as follows, after going through these steps, which I synthetically summarized, Law Enforcement proceeds with the actual operation, coordinated and adaptive actions in response to an imminent threat or an ongoing crisis with the deployment of specialized units, SWAT teams. These units are trained to neutralize threats, rescue hostages and secure the area, depending on the situation, crisis response may also involve lock-downs, evacuations and an establishment of command centers to manage it, as well as a marked cooperation with medical staff and other emergency services. Raising Public Awareness, how does law enforcement communicate with the community and raise public awareness concerning extreme ideologies and radicalism? Simple, through press conferences, public statements via social media platforms, community outreach programs, for example, meetings at schools and universities to instruct on civil duty, PSAs (Public Service Announcements) in collaboration with local conventional media outlets to convey safety information efficiently and reinforce a sense of community preparedness and, last but not least, educational campaigns to inform the public about recognizing suspicious activities and encourage reporting them. I figured it would be useful to inform myself on the more tactical aspect in particular as my character is a former military serviceman, and I think it would add a further layer of realism if he was well informed on the matter, as well as the rest of course.

Now onto the KPD-specific part of this response, the faction is made out of 25 officers, 11 ranks and 2 divisions, these 2 divisions differ in ranks as they have different tasks. The Main Division is the regular Law Enforcement division, while the Detective division is the division dedicated to investigations. I will now be going over the different hierarchies of these two divisions.​
(Due to a lack of info regarding the KPD ranks specifically, most info was filled out from the internet, in particular from Wikipedia and this site)

Main Division
Cadet : The lowest rank in the department and the most monitored one, given to the newly accepted applicants. I mentioned it's the most monitored one, because higher ranks will be monitoring the cadet's behavior to make sure they don't misuse their equipment or break any rules. Cadets are given a 2 week training, after that they'll receive a physical and informational evaluation to see if they're ready for examination. If passed, they'll take an exam and, if passed, rank up to patrol officers. If failed, they will receive an additional week of training before to make sure they're ready for a re-take. Upon passing the exams, they may be given the option to move to the detective division, or stay in the main division. (information taken from this thread)

Patrol Officer : The second lowest rank in the main division, they are responsible for maintaining order throughout the city through regular patrolling, as the name of the rank may suggest, responding to emergency calls, interacting with the community and addressing their concerns. They also provide assistance in case of an emergency.

Corporal : Corporals are in charge of supervising regular patrol officers and issuing orders as well as performing the same tasks of patrol officers and assist in investigations.

Sergeant : Sergeants have a more prominent leadership role, they supervise multiple units and also manage disciplinary matters, they also perform the same tasks as a patrol officer.

Lieutenant : The first Higher-Up position in the hierarchy, they are in charge of overseeing training cadets and exams, as well as supervising patrol officers, sergeants, corporals and their works.

Captain : The second rank at the top of the hierarchy in the main division and one of the most important ones, the captain is in charge of supervising the division or multiple units. They are responsible for strategic planning and coordinating efforts. They also manage personnel, handle administrative tasks and, due to their position in the hierarchy, contribute to decision making at a high level.

Commissioner : Above all, on top of the hierarchy, is the commissioner. The commissioner is in charge of overseeing the entire police department, they set policies, manage resources and make strategic decisions. They also play a vital role in community relations and overall leadership.

Detective Division
Detective Constable : Detective Constables are the lowest rank in the division, comparable to Corporals in the Main Division. They focus on criminal investigations, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and ****yzing information to resolve cases.

Detective Inspector : Detective Inspectors carry out the same tasks as Detective Constables, their Main Division counterparts are Sergeants. Other than carrying out the same tasks as Detective Constables, they oversee their work and manage investigative teams.

Detective Chief Inspector : Detective Chief Inspectors are comparable to Lieutenants in the Main Division. They're the second rank in the division's hierarchy, considered a Higher-Up rank. They manage multiple investigative teams as well as managing and coordinating the inspectors' and constables' works. And in fact, the previously mentioned ranks in this division report to them.

Detective Superintendent : Detective Superintendents are the highest rank in the division, responsible for overseeing and managing the entire division. All the ranks listed previously typically report to them.

Police Equipment

After having gone through the Department's composition, it's ranks and the duties the officers with those ranks carry out, I will go over the equipment the KPD can dispose of to enforce the law and de-escalate situations. These items can be both physical items the player can interact with and ItemRP.
Police Baton : A steel baton used by officers to apprehend criminals, it's accessible to all officers and it can be mugged with proper mug permissions. It requires two hits to the head to K.O. the target and it's a close range tool, meaning it has an effective range of 2 blocks.

Handcuffs : A pair of steel handcuffs used to restrain the target's hands, it's accessible to all officers, requires an action and a roll if the suspect resists arrest. It can't be mugged and it's an immediate range weapon, meaning it has an effective range of one block.

Police Radio : A waterproof communication device used by emergency units, it's accessible to all officers and it can't be stolen nor destroyed, unless a blunt or sharp weapon is used.

Stun Blaster : A stun device used by officers to prevent the target from moving, accessible to all officers and requires an action and a roll to be taken out in range. Requires a successful hit to stun the target for 60 seconds, no roll required. It can't be mugged, it's a long range tool, meaning it has an effective range of 8 blocks.

Breathalyzer : A device used by emergency units to check how drunk a person is, accessible to all officers and EMS workers, it's accuracy depends on it's proximity to the police station and it can't be mugged.

Pepper Spray : A 3-time used device used by officers to temporarily blind a target, accessible to all officers and EMS workers, requires an action and a successful roll to be taken out in range, requires a successful hit to blind the target for 60 seconds unless the target is wearing a gas mask. No roll required.

Tranquilizer : A plastic device used by officers to neutralize threats, accessible to Sergeants and Detective Inspectors. Requires an action and a successful roll to be taken out in range, requires a successful hit to knock the target unconscious for 2 minutes, no roll required. It requires an action to reload if in range, it can't be stolen, it classifies as a long range tool as it's effective range is 30 blocks.

Riot Shield : A tempered glass shield used by officers for protection, accessible to all officers : When used defensively, the officer won't be able to use any offensive tools and any frontal/side damage is effectively neutralized. When used offensively, it won't be able to offer any offensive nor defensive capabilities, but it does allow the wielder to use offensive items. It requires an action and a successful roll to be taken out and swapped from hand to hand in range, can be stolen if the officer is knocked unconscious with proper mug permissions, can't be used offensively if not for pushing the target out of range. It classifies as an immediate range weapon, as it's effective range is one block.

Gas Mask : A police-issued gas mask accessible to all on-duty officers, used by them to protect themselves against biological threats. It can be stolen with an action and a roll with proper mug permissions.

Crowbar : A police-issued crowbar used to pry open doors and containers, accessible to Corporals, it can be stolen with an action and a successful roll with proper mug permissions.

Luminol Spray (ItemRP) : A substance container used to identify blood on surfaces, mainly on weapons unless cleaned with hydrogen peroxide, accessible to all on-duty officers and can be stolen with an action and a successful roll with proper mug permissions.

Disposable Latex Gloves (ItemRP) : A disposable non-fingerprint-proof gloves worn by all officers. All on-duty police uniforms carry these by default.

Fingerprint Scanner (ItemRP) : Used to scan a suspect's fingerprints, it can be used to tell if a fingerprint sample has matched a target's results, accessible to all officers.

First-Aid Kit (ItemRP) : A small-sized kit used when an ambulance /EMT service isn't available. When used, it will grant 5 additional minutes to the bleed-out timer, it's accessible by all on-duty officers.

Body Camera (ItemRP) : A constantly recording and live-streaming waterproof camera is attached to the front of an officer's uniform that is stored and accessed from a cloud database, the camera can't be removed but can be destroyed with the use of a blant or sharp weapon, two blunt hits or one stab hit. Accessible to all on-duty officers and it has the same properties as a CCTV, can view anything from the player's point of view.
(Item information taken from this thread)

And with this final equipment list, I conclude my knowledge on both real life police work and the KPD's work.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
I think the Police Department is very important to Karakura, more than the server in general. Why? Because it maintains law and order in a city where it seems like total chaos reigns, some episodes may also be considered domestic *********. I think it plays an indispensable role because they, as previously stated, they maintain law and order by ensuring there are consequences for the criminals that have decided to commit the atrocities they willingly decided to commit in their life, and in a city like Karakura that's no joke at all, even if it's supposed to be the basic premise of a Police Force. I also think the Department acts as a mediator between the island's Government and the regular people, from intervening in dangerous situation to simple disputes, they do their best to keep Karakura safe and keep everyone covered. It's essential in a city like Karakura, where crime seems to be thriving as an alternative to the Central Government, to show who's in charge, to let those crooks know that their atrocities will not be tolerated nor go unpunished, with good or harsh manners and by any means necessary which, of course, may not violate the law nor the individuals' rights. That's the philosophy a good police force adapts for the well-being of their citizens.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I do understand that if training is held whilst i'm online, I shall attend. I accept the task given (if accepted of course) and embrace the eventual consequences.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?:
Akira Toyoshima

How old is your character (if accepted)?:
If accepted, my character would be around 25 years old.

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
Male, He/Him

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

College Bachelor

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
Korean

Previous Affiliations:
Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF)
1701810440445.png00022-1419484163.png

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
He stands at an impressive 6’3 with black shaggy hair falling just to his chin, his bright blue eyes had a penetrating gaze which is hard to forget. His figure is rather large and muscular, it's clear he had undergone some sort of regular training. Along his abdomen was a large scar; his most unique feature I must say, caused in an unfortunate accident during a training exercise, in his time in the JMSDF (Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force)

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
As Akira is a former military serviceman, he has quite a unique approach on both of these kinds of situations. Professionally he's a very disciplined individual, discipline he learned in his time in the military and is still ingrained inside him, he wouldn't hesitate following orders or protocols, finding the best and most efficient way to complete any task that might be assigned to him. He would also respect hierarchy and figures of authority. Due to having learned to be short and concise in manners in the military, he would communicate via radio or orally in a straightforward and precise manner, exchanging the most important info and intel in a way that would be clear and understandable right away. Due to the amount of training he's been subjected to, he would apply any skill learned in his time in the military that could result useful in a Law Enforcement environment, assessing the situation and quickly finding practical solutions, thus proving to have remarkable problem solving skills. In a casual situation, he tends to be reserved, that doesn't mean he's not friendly though, this attitude in particular carried over to his civilian life, as it's part of the discipline ingrained in him. Another aspect that carried over to his civilian life is his almost obsessive attention to detail, that makes him a keen observer and listener in serious conversations which are typically direct and straightforward, another important aspect he carried over is the camaraderie he built up in years of service, putting a huge emphasis on team dynamics.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
His general outlook on the idea of co-workers and teamwork is overwhelmingly positive. He not only views them as important, but definitely crucial to success. He views them as he would've viewed his brothers in arms back in the military, recognizing and understanding that combined team efforts achieve greater results, if not the best outcome. The most important team dynamics to him are clear roles, open communication and the adaptability of the members, along with resilience and problem solving skills, something that he expects from his colleagues. He puts a huge amount of trust in his colleagues, and he expects his them to trust him as well.

What's your character's backstory?
Akira was born in a rural japanese town, growing up with his his family, being the second oldest of three siblings. The youngest child, being his sister, Momoka, most definitely his favorite sibling and the most spoiled by him. His life was calm and loving for a while, him and his siblings received all the affection they needed from his mom, since their dad had abandoned them when they were little, his mother recalls him being very absent on her while raising Hiro, the oldest sibling. Even though it was tough being raised by a single mother, they managed to stick together and found comfort in their shared struggles. When Akira turned 18, things weren't looking so good, in fact his family was struggling financially, he felt like he couldn't just stand there and do nothing, so he took action and, after careful consideration, decided to join the JMSDF Amphibious Rapid Deployment Brigade, with his new life goal to officially become easing his mom's load and make sure his siblings lived a good life and had a bright future ahead of them. Military life, however, wasn't like his ordinary life in his native town. The strict rules, crazy routines, obsessive attention to detail and intense training were a big change, however he was willing to endure it all for the well-being of his family, and as time went by, he started thinking differently. With time he learned to appreciate military life and embraced it's crazy needs, he excelled at every task he was ordered : he was the best sharpshooter in the platoon and a great leader of his squad in War games. Higher-ups were considering to promote him to Corporal, however, his newfound dream of pursuing a military career while providing for his family was destined to end. One day, during a routine exercise with mortars, one of the training rounds turned out to be defective, exploding upon firing. He was hit by shrapnel on his lower waist, causing a great wound which extended from his abdomen to his side. Upon hearing about this accident, his sister pressured him into leaving the military as she and the rest of his family were concerned about his safety, and as much as Aki loved military life and was definitely good at it, he also loved and cared deeply for his family and their concerns, so he decided to move to Karakura with his sister after having been honorably discharged to attend college, doing some part time jobs here and there to afford tuition for her and himself. Even though he wasn't a soldier anymore, many of the lessons and traits he had acquired in his military career carried over to his civilian life. Things like discipline, hard work, maniacal precision, camaraderie and teamwork. His life as a college student was a new beginning, his background as a soldier gave him a strong work ethic and a big set of skills as well as peak physique, but what he values most is family and making sure his siblings' dreams get the support they need.

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
The town's legislation strictly prohibits owning a pocket knife.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
The 5 medical items that do not require a prescription are : Paracetamol (An ****gesic and antipyretic drug used for temporary relief of pain, such as for cuts, abrasions, concussions, and so on), Cough Syrup (a sweet syrup capable of relieving coughing, stuffy noses, and/or an irritated throat that is commonly caused by colds, allergies, and breathing illnesses.), Iron Supplements (A medication consisting of ferrous sulfate, ferrous fumarate, or ferrous gluconate, which are iron supplements that are used to treat iron-deficiency or certain types of anemia.), Melatonin (A synthetic form of melatonin, commonly used to help control how and when a patient sleeps. Melatonin is mainly used to treat sleep problems in older patients whose melatonin production has decreased) and Multivitamins (A medication consisting of a combination of many different vitamins. It is used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiencies that occur as a result of poor diet, digestive disorders, or certain illnesses.)

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I should intervene immediately, splitting my co-workers from the inmate, making sure they're alright and calling for medical attention if needed. I should gather evidence and report the incident to my superiors, who I should give my testimony to as well as the evidence gathered of the incident happening. Whether there will be a misconduct investigation, i should provide my testimony and cooperate if and when needed.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I should intervene immediately by restricting the attacker and cuffing them. Making sure my colleague is not injured and putting their safety first. If needed, call for immediate medical assistance and provide any support where needed to my colleague. No one should be left behind.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Upon discovering one of my co-workers is corrupt and helping criminal organizations, I should gather intel and evidence on his crimes and report my findings to my superiors. Upon further investigations I should cooperate where possible in order to get them to justice and save the Police Department's reputation among the community, whose relationship with we have to prioritize.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I'd reject the bribe immediately, while also letting them know they're under arrest for a clear felony, I should also inform my superiors about the incident. After that, i'd bring them to the department where they'll most likely spend a good portion of their time before being bailed out.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

DETAIL
-
Although we don't deny your will to join the faction, detail is a great
way to show off your interest. Therefore, we recommend spending more
time to try and re-elaborate your application so that it shows off you're
truly engaged in trying to join us!

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES