Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
IGN: Oliverium
DATE: 8/7/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Have an NPC run restaurant at the beach!
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
We have an NPC run convenience store, furniture store, surf shop, and even a grocery store! So, why not add a cute little NPC ran restaurant at the beach? We already have an empty place so all we need are a few indoor seating areas and an NPC at the counter! It can be a simple place that can sell burgers, fish and chips, fries, soda, water, and more. The place I'm referring to is at 1250/20/1415, the shop closest to the light house on the pier. (File is too big to upload so sadly no pics). This can benefit people in lots of ways, such as if they can't come online when player ran restaurants are open, or maybe people want to spend their time at the beach and wouldn't have to settle for vending machine food. It would be nice to have a restaurant that's open the majority of the day (minus closing time).

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I'm mostly in favor of NPC run stores, especially when those stores wouldn't involve roleplay (ie most accessory stores). However, of the stores that do involve roleplay, restaurants have the most opportunity between store workers and customers. It would be a bit of a waste to have a restaurant that runs without any player input, since you'd lose the opportunity of some number of scenarios.

There is also a big emphasis on player run businesses and organizations, so they probably want to limit the amount of NPC shena****ns to a minimum. I personally think that services should be player-run (such as tailoring, photography, event hosting) and shops that sell accessories and important items should be NPC run, but that's a rant for another day.

I don't think this is happening but it'd be kind of cool if it did.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
I'm mostly in favor of NPC run stores, especially when those stores wouldn't involve roleplay (ie most accessory stores). However, of the stores that do involve roleplay, restaurants have the most opportunity between store workers and customers. It would be a bit of a waste to have a restaurant that runs without any player input, since you'd lose the opportunity of some number of scenarios.

There is also a big emphasis on player run businesses and organizations, so they probably want to limit the amount of NPC shena****ns to a minimum. I personally think that services should be player-run (such as tailoring, photography, event hosting) and shops that sell accessories and important items should be NPC run, but that's a rant for another day.

I don't think this is happening but it'd be kind of cool if it did.
True but it can be a quick [click NPC -> order -> . . . time's up order ready, come pick it up!] instead of waiters n such. A small beach style resturant y'know? It would be more expensive but it'll be nice to have a place to eat on a beach day

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
-1 not too sure on this one. I think it’d just defeat the whole purpose of restaurants really. Having someone come up to you, take your order, wait about 49384 minutes for the food to come out.. it’s still a good experience really

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+

I want a player to serve me, but if this is more efficient then it can really void player-run restaurants of purpose.

Renidite

Level 10
It'd defeat the whole purpose of roleplay, as most restraunts are roleplayed at.. It defeats the entire point.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
Not only does it defeat the purpose of roleplay, it defeats the purpose of restaurant. If you needed food that badly, you can go to a vending machine. Or 11/7. Shops open all the time as well, since they most likely have a quota to follow. If you want to roleplay in a restaurant that badly, does it really hurt to just wait for the chance to?

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- NPC shops are supposed to be somewhat convenient whilst being non-competitive to existing player-ran shops which is why items are priced very high. A restaurant would have to be a player-ran shop.​

Users who are viewing this thread